Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Hardware Zone > Storage Solutions
Register Forgot Password?

Old 10-10-07   #1
teh priesT!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.

Sony Announces Second Gen PC Blu-ray Burner

Sony's newest Blu-ray burner cuts 50GB disc burn time in half

Sony announced today a new updated internal Blu-ray burner for PC. The new drive doubles the write speed as compared to previous Blu-ray BD-R burners inside computer systems. The new BWU-200S Blu-ray burner cuts burn time in half allowing a full 50Gb BD-R disc to be burned in about 45 minutes. Previous drives were 2x drives and the burn time was around 90 minutes for a BD-R disc.
In addition to burning BD-R discs, the drive can also burn DVD+/-R discs at 16x, DVD DL burning is supported as well. Software is included with the burner that allows for the capture, authoring, editing, burning and viewing of high-definition content captured in HDV 1080i format from HDV camcorders.
With the BWU-200S a BD-R or BD-RW disc can store up to 230 minutes of HD video. Sony uses a SATA interface rather than the PATA interface more common to optical drives. The form factor is the standard 5.25-inch internal size and the drive and its software are compatible with Windows XP and Vista.
“Advanced optical storage technologies, such as Blu-ray Disc technology with its vast capacity compared to DVD technology, will be key enablers for next generation PC applications like HD personal video content and high-definition TV recording,” said Wolfgang Schlichting, research director for removable storage at IDC. “Sony's many innovations in optical storage have prepared the company to be a leader in the Blu-ray Disc writable market.”
The BWU-200S will be available directly from Sony in November for around $600 and is available for pre-order now.

Sony Announces Second Gen PC Blu-ray Burner

it is still costly. i know still know my friend, who bued dvd write for rs 8000 4 x one see todays pricing....
Post New Thread  Reply