Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Hardware Zone > Storage Solutions
Register Forgot Password?

Old 13-10-07   #1
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.

Samsung Pleomax DVD-R : A Small Review

Been wanted to a this Media For Some Time,Never Found this Now.Went For Some Casual Shopping Tada found these On the rack of a Small Stationery Shop,immediately Got cake box of these

Media Pics:

Test Pics:

Pros:
  • Gives Low PIF Till the Disc Hits the 3Gb Mark,it was as low as 135 in this Disc & suddenly Increased as the Disc Hit the end
  • Good Replacement for Sony D21 MIT Disc
  • one of the Few True MIT Available in india
  • Reads & Writes Well Both on the LG & Benq (Shows it works on Different Chipsets too)

Cons:
  • Not Easily Avialable,this is a 2005 Import Disc
  • Spiking Towards the End of the Disc (could be a Batch Bad - Gave Similar Results Both on my LG & Benq)
  • Drops & Spiking after the 3GB mark Worries me a Bit

Overall:

Seems like a Really Decent Media & is Bankable (Compared to Crap Shiit MBI Media which is Flooded in the Indian Market ),For me Its Better than Sony D21,Though its -R i would Still go for these Discs If Available

I have a Feeling These will Burn well in the New Sammy Drives, I Need to test this Out
Chief-Techie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-07   #2
teh nuB!
[E]onian

Raghunandan is highly AdmirableRaghunandan is highly AdmirableRaghunandan is highly AdmirableRaghunandan is highly AdmirableRaghunandan is highly AdmirableRaghunandan is highly Admirable
Re: Samsung Pleomax DVD-R : A Small Review

How much did they cost? The burns are bad towards the end probably because of the age. And if you want to try it out on the Samsung, you can come over anytime

They dont seem much better than the Techcom (MCC04) media that cost Rs7.5

Raghu.
Raghunandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-07   #3
teh zeuS!
[E]onian

Chief-Techie is highly AdmirableChief-Techie is highly AdmirableChief-Techie is highly AdmirableChief-Techie is highly AdmirableChief-Techie is highly AdmirableChief-Techie is highly Admirable

they costed 19 Bucks
Chief-Techie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-07   #4
teh geeK!
[E]onian

200mph is highly Admirable200mph is highly Admirable200mph is highly Admirable200mph is highly Admirable200mph is highly Admirable200mph is highly Admirable

wht i have seen is cheap media also might give in nice results but to my good or bad luck i have seen them go bad faster than the little more expensive media even if handled with care.
200mph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-07   #5
Addict......
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r

HailStonE is highly AdmirableHailStonE is highly AdmirableHailStonE is highly AdmirableHailStonE is highly AdmirableHailStonE is highly AdmirableHailStonE is highly Admirable

Originally Posted by 200mph View Post
wht i have seen is cheap media also might give in nice results but to my good or bad luck i have seen them go bad faster than the little more expensive media even if handled with care.
I concur.... have used this media.... even though burn quality is good its failure rate is high on storage..... Burned & thrown ~14-15 discs.... Also for the cost its better to get Tayo-Yudens....

Hell Is Empty........ Devils Are Here..
-
William Shakespeare

HailStonE is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread  Reply