Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation
  • Home
  • Forums
  • Articles
  • News
  • Gaming
  • Bazaar
  • Community
  • What's New
  • My Erodov
  • Help
navigation
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Launchpad > Announcements and Policies
Register Forgot Password?
Follow Erodov on Twitter Follow Us
Join us on FaceBook Join Us
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 24-06-11
Unelected
Administrator
Meum pactum dictum

vijayninel is extremely Eminent
vijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminent
Rig Gallery
New @ E - Like a Post

Hi Guys,

We have a new like system on Erodov where you can like a particular post from the bottom right hand corner of the post. The like is not linked to the rep/karma system and you wont get any karma points for a like.

You can also see a "likes tree" on top right hand corner of a thread to see the most liked posts in a thread. This can be used to search the most useful posts in a thread.

Also you will be getting notifications for the likes you get and you can see these on your profile page.

Hope you like the new system in place.

Regards,

Team [E]rodov
Old 24-06-11
Th[E] Troll
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
Papa Donger

Xeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply Great
Re: New @ E - Like a Post

Oh the dilemma...
Maybe an orientation is in order?
GTX580 Twin Frozr II
Silent Pro M700
Tempest 410 Elite
Old 24-06-11
teh zeuS!
..I..

Dark Star is highly FamedDark Star is highly FamedDark Star is highly FamedDark Star is highly FamedDark Star is highly FamedDark Star is highly FamedDark Star is highly FamedDark Star is highly Famed
Rig Gallery

Those who are cribbing about like and rep.. Its simple.

Like is simple as it sound. Like when you like. Doesn't mean the post deserves a rep. Like can be for any post that you think you like.

Rep on the other hand is for post which offers more profound information and aid to someone's knowledge. It though seems like both might bifurcate each other way but they are actually very different. Like and rep are 2 different branches of same tree.
For example. : I like a post but doesn't want to rep. Say a wallpaper or a gag posted.
vijayninel, ManISinJpr and MOZ like this.

Last edited by Dark Star; 24-06-11 at 01:15 PM.
Old 24-06-11
Th[E] Troll
Papa Donger

Xeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply Great

Yes, but... the less frequent members will just like the post even if the post lists the cure for AIDS.
Old 24-06-11
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian
That's Me!

MOZ is highly ProminentMOZ is highly ProminentMOZ is highly Prominent
Rig Gallery

Does it really matter that much, u "rep wh0re"?
Old 24-06-11
teh zeuS!

mav2000 is extemely Distinguished
mav2000 is extemely Distinguishedmav2000 is extemely Distinguishedmav2000 is extemely Distinguishedmav2000 is extemely Distinguishedmav2000 is extemely Distinguishedmav2000 is extemely Distinguishedmav2000 is extemely Distinguishedmav2000 is extemely Distinguishedmav2000 is extemely Distinguishedmav2000 is extemely Distinguished
Rig Gallery

Its not about mattering or not. Basically why have two systems when one is enough. Use any one and be happy.....Anyway I think our rep system needs to be thought about as well, but more on that later. As of now, all we are doing is making like the new rep.....so how does a newbie understand who is a senior or well respected guy in the forum if you dont rep him and only like his posts????

And senior guys or guys with more rep are the people who make a forum worthwhile dont u think?>?
dexbg likes this.
Old 24-06-11
teh zeuS!
..I..

Dark Star is highly FamedDark Star is highly FamedDark Star is highly FamedDark Star is highly FamedDark Star is highly FamedDark Star is highly FamedDark Star is highly FamedDark Star is highly Famed
Rig Gallery

^^Does it really matter ? Rep or like ? What is the primary aim you have when you join a public forum ? Rep or like or knowledge ?

To me both of them are senseless and cater to no useful purpose. One should rather focus on spreading knowledge and gaining on the other hand rather than bothering for such pity things. But think of it again ? why was it implemented on the first hand. Being worked on with the rep system for many years, its very easy to understand. Its motivation !

Rep system is just to keep you motivated and delighted. Humans require appraisal and pat on the back for good work, even I do, its our instinct. So just to keep us going developers implemented a system that doesn't cost them money and yet they can get people working on online forums without any hassle. What an ingenious thought isn't it ? Generally you won't budge to do work if you are not paid but at online forums a mere green badge forces people to post things beyond their own capabilities. '

As far as members seniority goes. I think even a new member should be a given as much priority as an older member. Just because a member is old doesn't mean he/she is intelligent than a newly joint. Given the pathetic internet condition in India I bet even half of the talented guys are exposed to internet.

Originally Posted by mav2000 View Post
And senior guys or guys with more rep are the people who make a forum worthwh
No doubt about it. They have done a commendable job in keeping the forum alive and kicking. But that doesn't mean we should get those green bars over our head. Its just a mere token off appreciation . Nothing else.

And as I said. Like only if you like. Repping people for showoff or posting wallpaper or some gags doesn't make sense ? Or does it ?
Superfrag and sushrukh like this.
Old 24-06-11
Th[E] Troll
Papa Donger

Originally Posted by Dark Star View Post
^^Does it really matter ? Rep or like ? What is the primary aim you have when you join a public forum ? Rep or like or knowledge ?
Rep.
I get the idea of what you are trying to say, but why have Rep system if the forum is only about knowledge?
Old 24-06-11
teh zeuS!

mav2000 is extemely Distinguishedmav2000 is extemely Distinguishedmav2000 is extemely Distinguishedmav2000 is extemely Distinguishedmav2000 is extemely Distinguishedmav2000 is extemely Distinguishedmav2000 is extemely Distinguishedmav2000 is extemely Distinguishedmav2000 is extemely Distinguishedmav2000 is extemely Distinguished
Rig Gallery

DS dude, for u or for me the green bar up there does not matter...for new members it does. Look at some of guys who have joined in the last year or so and how far up the ladder they have reached. Its important that there are lots more like them who come along and learn and teach. for them a green bar will matter.....as for me, I have nothing to prove to anybody here or on any other tech forum.

This is more for new guys just starting off and they like to be recognised like u said.....anyway this is a point of view and you have ure point of view. I guess we should agree to disagree about some things..I see what u r trying to explain, but I may not agree with it.
Old 24-06-11
Banned
I havent set my status yet.

Sumonpathak is extremely Renowned
Sumonpathak is extremely RenownedSumonpathak is extremely RenownedSumonpathak is extremely Renowned
Rig Gallery

DS dude, for u or for me the green bar up there does not matter...for new members it does. I have nothing to prove to anybody here or on any other tech forum.

This is more for new guys just starting off and they like to be recognised like u said.....anyway this is a point of view and you have ure point of view. I guess we should agree to disagree about some things..I see what u r trying to explain, but I may not agree with it.
+1.......
right said bro....

Cause I won't wait for the debt to be repaid

Time has come for you

Old 24-06-11
teh zeuS!

Rig Gallery

And I am specially talking about guys like u and Xeo here...
Old 24-06-11
teh zeuS!
..I..

Rig Gallery

Originally Posted by Xeo View Post
Rep.
I get the idea of what you are trying to say, but why have Rep system if the forum is only about knowledge?
I think you haven't ready all of my post ! ?

Rep system is just to keep you motivated and delighted. Humans require appraisal and pat on the back for good work, even I do, its our instinct. So just to keep us going developers implemented a system that doesn't cost them money and yet they can get people working on online forums without any hassle. What an ingenious thought isn't it ? Generally you won't budge to do work if you are not paid but at online forums a mere green badge forces people to post things beyond their own capabilities. '
DS dude, for u or for me the green bar up there does not matter...for new members it does. Look at some of guys who have joined in the last year or so and how far up the ladder they have reached. Its important that there are lots more like them who come along and learn and teach. for them a green bar will matter.....as for me, I have nothing to prove to anybody here or on any other tech forum.

Well I agree on that point. Oh hand the points I posted weren't aimed at you, rather in general I'd say.
Old 24-06-11
teh zeuS!

Rig Gallery

DS, I remember asking u guys for rep points when I started, like 3-4 years ago, and you guys gave me the impetus to keep going. I am able to do reviews today because of that.....I want more people with 0 knowledge of computers to learn like me and encouragement in the form of reps, or competitions etc always help.

What we are doing here is killing the rep...let me give a small example.

I posted a pretty decent thread of the CH V on TE and here. I got one rep on TE compared to a 3-4 here...and I got like 4-6 likes on TE. Now tell me is that a like or a rep. In my book its a rep not a like. It really does not matter to me today, but if this was a couple of years ago, I would be disheartened....
Dark Star likes this.
Old 24-06-11
Unelected
Administrator
Meum pactum dictum

vijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminent
Rig Gallery

I would like to add that we value people with good reps. Getting minimum rep points is needed for getting promoted to preferred membership and becoming moderators. Getting likes wont get you any promotions on the forum.

BTW, those who dont know - Dark Star had the some of highest (well deserved) rep points on E before the reset of the rep system. He was also instrumental in bringing the rep system and rep titles. Karan was initially reluctant to implement the rep system here but apparenly Darky arm twisted Karan into implementing the rep system.
Old 24-06-11
teh zeuS!

Rig Gallery

Vijay I need some reps to get a star...are u going to help me or not.....
Old 24-06-11
Unelected
Administrator
Meum pactum dictum

Rig Gallery

^^ I gave you reps for the Water cooling guide article recently :-/
Post New Thread  Reply
Please share with friends!