Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Buying Help > RMA and Warranty Servicing Experiences
Register Forgot Password?

Old 26-06-13   #1
teh priesT!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.

MSI Graphic Card RMA Issue

31st May : MSI HD6850 graphic card submitted for RMA into Digicare Kolkata branch.

5th June : Got the card repaired.

12th June : Due to non functionality of the card again submitted into the same branch of Digicare and after that I got the card repaired two more times in between 12th June and 25 th June ..

yesterday ( 25 Th June ), when I went into Digicare to collect the card they were giving me the same repaired card and I simply refused this this time. They told me to Contact Tayan Som. So had a talk with him and said him I got the card same card repaired 3 times and due to the bad quality of repair work this card is having same issue ( which is getting worse with every repair work ) again and again and I want a replacement uint. He said to submit the card again and I did submit it again.

Now here's some Interesting part : When I submitted the card on the 12th June the Digicare Guys wrote on the Remark part of the RMA receipt that : "Customer needs replacement" but instead of replacement I got the repaired card.

Now again when I submitted it they wrote the same thing and the card came back from RMA in repaired condition which quality is very pathetic to say the least. So on the basis of previous experinces I simply refused to take the card. And submitted it for RMA again on the same day without taking it out from the service center so no one can make some funny stories later.

I asked Digicare guys why is this happening again and again : they replied that they don't have proper testing and repair facility in Kolkata branch so they need to send it to Delhi for repair and testing. Now the main issue with the card is it works fine in desktop mode but as soon as I start playing game or use any benchmark app the whole screen will gray out or show corrupt textures and images and the repair work only lasts for either 5 day or 2 day or only 1 hence Digicare ( Kolkata ) recommended to replace the unit.

Now Due to the extensive repair work done by either Digicare ( Delhi ) or MSI ( Delhi ) the serial no. sticker of the card almost wearing off ( no warranty without serial ) and when I pointed this to the representative at the service center he just used cello tape to stick it with the card and told it will be Ok.

Anyway, I'm sick tired of this repair game and with every repair the card is getting worse .. in stability and physical condition ( repair marks and the sticker issue ) both and with such pathetic repair work this issue won't be solved unless I get a good replacement for this card ( heard MSI sometime offer people sub par refurbished products as replacement ). So after all these hassle what I want is a proper replacement of the product.

Can anyone give the e-mail id's of MSI Taiwan HQ or whom whould I contact on this ?

here's the RMA Delivery Challan and Receipt .. look at the marked parts : ( personal details edited ) :

topgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-13   #2
teh priesT!
[E]onian

Techie#1 is highly AdmirableTechie#1 is highly AdmirableTechie#1 is highly AdmirableTechie#1 is highly AdmirableTechie#1 is highly AdmirableTechie#1 is highly Admirable
Re: MSI Graphic Card RMA Issue

Very sad to hear that,...i also had a very Bad experience with digicare !
search over the various indian tech forum...noticed someone had a similar experience like yours with his MSI gfx card being rejected by digicare/msi india guys & he had to ultimately ring up MSI Taiwan to clarify matters over warranty !
Techie#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-13   #3
teh priesT!
[E]onian

topgear is Notable

I think you're talking about Erodov member @startekselva - well I've PMed him already .. waiting for his reply.
Old 26-06-13   #4
teh geeK!
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r

kartikoli is highly Admirablekartikoli is highly Admirablekartikoli is highly Admirablekartikoli is highly Admirablekartikoli is highly Admirable

bullshit not again.... i was following your thread on TDF
bssunil likes this.
kartikoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-13   #5
teh priesT!
[E]onian

topgear is Notable

now I regret my decision for choosing MSI gpu .. seeing so much issues, anyway, Contacted MSI technical Support on this and waiting for their response.

BTW, Digicare said they send MSi graphic cards to delhi for repair/replacemenet .. they send it to the Digicare's Delhi branch or to MSI's Delhi branch ? I'm little confused about this. Anyway, it's a big mystery to me why MSi/Digicare Delhi is not doing as told in the RMA receipt as told by the Kolkata branch ? I'll contact Digicare's ( Delhi ) branch on this as well and Waiting for startekselva Pm to get an important e-mail id.
Old 26-06-13   #6
teh nuB!
[E]onian
LIFE IS AWESOME

Rig Gallery

startekselva is Notable

sorry for the delay i was working for my new project i'll send you the contact detail's of MSI HQ contact him he will solve your problem !!
LIFE IS AWESOME

---------- Post added at 09:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 PM ----------

update your thread ASAP
startekselva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-13   #7
teh priesT!
[E]onian

topgear is Notable

Contacted MSI HQ and they told me they will look into this ( yesterday 7:50 AM ) .. still has not got a reply though and n Digicare's RMA tracking page the call id is still showing as Repair in Progress.
Old 01-07-13   #8
teh priesT!
[E]onian

topgear is Notable

Got a update from MSI HQ that they are waiting for reply of local MSI rep. ( Arjun Pal ) and Digicare rep. on this issue.
Old 02-07-13   #9
teh nuB!
[E]onian
Limbo :) Just Perfect :D

gaurav3282 is Notable

Originally Posted by topgear View Post
Got a update from MSI HQ that they are waiting for reply of local MSI rep. ( Arjun Pal ) and Digicare rep. on this issue.
any updates bro?

| Intel i5 2400 @ 3.1Ghz (Turbo 3.3Ghz) | | Deepcool Gamma Archer | | Msi P67A-GD 65 (b3) | | G.Skill Ripjaws 8Gb 1333Mhz |
| 500 Gb Seagate+160 Gb Western Digital+1 TB WD Blue @ 7200RPM | | MSI GTX 660 2 Gb OC Edition | | CM GX 450 PSU|
| NZXT GAMMA | | Razer DA+Razer Goliathus Alpha | |Creative SBS 2.1|
gaurav3282 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-13   #10
teh zeuS!
I'M bACK

The Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply Great

There is a guy name PRADIPTA BEHRA in Digicare and Subroto also in the testing room. Ask for them. They are both helpful, atleast for me last year regarding replacement of P67A GD80 motherboard.
The Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-13   #11
teh priesT!
[E]onian

topgear is Notable

^^ Ok, I'll look for them but I've already escalated the issue and some of my friends are working on this will reveal everything if it's going to be successful.

update : got a mail from arjun pal of msi that their SC has found no issue with the vga card. Sent him a mail with all the points why I won't accept the repaired card.
Old 03-07-13   #12
teh nuB!
[E]onian
Limbo :) Just Perfect :D

gaurav3282 is Notable

^^ Ok, I'll look for them but I've already escalated the issue and some of my friends are working on this will reveal everything if it's going to be successful.

update : got a mail from arjun pal of msi that their SC has found no issue with the vga card. Sent him a mail with all the points why I won't accept the repaired card.
this is getting uglier for you mate hope you get a new card as you are still facing problems my friend too got a new 7850 after submitting 6850 but that was with Sapphire.I too own a MSI GTX 660 and now I am a bit worried too.
gaurav3282 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-13   #13
teh priesT!
[E]onian

topgear is Notable

Arjun Pal called me at 11 today and said all he has mailed me but I insisted on replacement so he said he will give me a exact same model "not new" but with different serial number.

And about the serial number sticker issue he said every vga card has one external and one internal serial so even if for some reason the sn sticker is not present on the card there should not be any trouble in Rma it. Don't how true it is.

Btw, I've a doubt what if he hands me over the old card with a new serial number sticker though he told me he will arrange the replacement from buffer stock.
Old 03-07-13   #14
teh priesT!

Hitesh12 is very RespectfulHitesh12 is very Respectful

Seriously Digicare is going down the drains
I myself has a GTX 460 Hawk
Hitesh12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-13   #15
teh priesT!
[E]onian

Techie#1 is highly AdmirableTechie#1 is highly AdmirableTechie#1 is highly AdmirableTechie#1 is highly AdmirableTechie#1 is highly AdmirableTechie#1 is highly Admirable

Every companies take Indian customers for granted.. fooder for their business & profit... but no honest Service & problem redressal!

Very sorry condition!

Me Building a new system.. don't know what's in store for me in the coming days.

Techie#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread  Reply