Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Lounge > Upgraditis
Register Forgot Password?

Old 12-11-12   #1
teh priesT!
[E]onian
<^.^>

More Headphone Madness :)

So these finally reached home a while ago.

Balanced Grado RS2. Terminated with a male XLR and the adapter for RSA/ALO balanced usage. Been wanting something for just my guitar intensive blues and 60s rock and roll which is predominately what I listen to. It was always going to be a Grado. Narrowed it down to the RS2 and RS1. They both sounded pretty much the same to my ears but the highs seemed a bit more prominent on the RS1 which led to me picking the RS2 over them.

Haven't had enough time to enjoy them for a long stretch, thankfully tomorrow is an off day
commieguerra likes this.

OLD: JH13 Pro + Sennheiser HD 25-13 II - 600 Ohm (German made) w/DHC copper balanced + TF10Vi + RE-1 + MMDT + FA011 + MS-1 + EHHA + HRT MSII + RSA Mustang & Protector + Grado RS2 Vintage Moon Audio balanced
Ritvik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-12   #2
teh zeuS!
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
I'M bACK

The Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply Great
Re: More Headphone Madness :)

Congo mate.damages?
The Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-12   #3
teh geeK!
[E]onian
Time has come to show

ronnie_gogs is simply Greatronnie_gogs is simply Greatronnie_gogs is simply Greatronnie_gogs is simply Greatronnie_gogs is simply Greatronnie_gogs is simply Greatronnie_gogs is simply Greatronnie_gogs is simply Greatronnie_gogs is simply Greatronnie_gogs is simply Great

Congrats... Never thought of using XLR for balanced input for headphones. I just use the XLR for mics.... Does it make a big difference as I dont get any interference with my normal quarter inch jacks

Damn wasted my off day by waking up at 1:30 PM or did I
Old 13-11-12   #4
teh priesT!
[E]onian
<^.^>

Ritvik is highly AdmirableRitvik is highly AdmirableRitvik is highly AdmirableRitvik is highly AdmirableRitvik is highly AdmirableRitvik is highly AdmirableRitvik is highly Admirable

Originally Posted by The Knight View Post
Congo mate.damages?
Thanks. Lets just say more than a bar of chocolate and less than a house

Originally Posted by ronnie_gogs View Post
Congrats... Never thought of using XLR for balanced input for headphones. I just use the XLR for mics.... Does it make a big difference as I dont get any interference with my normal quarter inch jacks

Damn wasted my off day by waking up at 1:30 PM or did I
The XLR in my case is more for ease of use with different sources. XLR with desktop amps (don't own one anymore), RSA balanced for the portable amp and regular 1/4 and 1/8 jacks. The last 3 being with adapters.

Technically should give me cleaner sound with better soundstage when running in a fully balanced setup. I've stayed away from buying a balanced DAC in the hope that someone will come out with a balanced output portable DAC, with rumors afloat that RSA, ALO and Cyper Labs have one in the pipeline. Will wait for 5/6 months or end up buying the HRT balanced DAC for desktop use

What kind of work do you do with the mics btw?
Old 13-11-12   #5
teh geeK!
[E]onian
Time has come to show

ronnie_gogs is simply Greatronnie_gogs is simply Greatronnie_gogs is simply Greatronnie_gogs is simply Greatronnie_gogs is simply Greatronnie_gogs is simply Greatronnie_gogs is simply Greatronnie_gogs is simply Greatronnie_gogs is simply Greatronnie_gogs is simply Great

I just use a couple of normal dynamic mics to record audio for videos... Use it with a audio interface (DAC + Mixer) called Steinberg CI1 as it serves my purpose well... Have headphone outs for monitoring that I connect my Shure 440 monitor headphones
ronnie_gogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-12   #6
teh priesT!
[E]onian
<^.^>

Ritvik is highly AdmirableRitvik is highly AdmirableRitvik is highly AdmirableRitvik is highly AdmirableRitvik is highly AdmirableRitvik is highly AdmirableRitvik is highly Admirable
Originally Posted by ronnie_gogs View Post
I just use a couple of normal dynamic mics to record audio for videos... Use it with a audio interface (DAC + Mixer) called Steinberg CI1 as it serves my purpose well... Have headphone outs for monitoring that I connect my Shure 440 monitor headphones
Nice! Don't think I'll ever have the patience to do something like that

Last edited by Ritvik; 14-11-12 at 05:29 PM.
Old 14-11-12   #7
Jeebus
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
forgiving your sins

RajaPraveen is extemely Distinguished
RajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely Distinguished

Congrats!

RajaPraveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-12   #8
teh priesT!
[E]onian
<^.^>

Originally Posted by RajaPraveen View Post
Congrats!
Thanks

Post New Thread  Reply