Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Electronics and Consumer Durables > Mobile Phones
Register Forgot Password?

Old 29-09-11   #1
Unelected
Administrator
Meum pactum dictum

Rig Gallery
Linux Groups Launch Tizen to Fight Android and IOS

iOS, Android, Symbian, Bada, Windows Phone 7 and others are not cool enough for you? Not to worry ... Tizen is on the way !

Linux groups launch Tizen to fight Android
Old 29-09-11   #2
teh spamm[E]R!
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
-

Rig Gallery

Free Radical is extemely Distinguished
Free Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely Distinguished
Re: Linux Groups Launch Tizen to Fight Android and IOS

We also have Meego

---------- Post added at 07:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:32 PM ----------

Originally Posted by W.T.F.
Intel will drop its own MeeGo mobile OS initiative in favor of Tizen and reportedly Samsung, a heavy supporter of Android, will seek to reduce its dependency on Google by backing Tizen.

I don't want to be human! I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear x-rays, and I wanna, I wanna smell dark matter!
Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can't even express these things properly, because I have to, I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting, spoken language. But I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me!
I'm a machine, and I could know much more, I could experience so much more, but I'm trapped in this absurd body!
And why?! Because my...creators thought that "God" wanted it that way.
Free Radical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-11   #3
Unelected
Administrator
Meum pactum dictum

Rig Gallery

vijayninel is extremely Eminent
vijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminent

Originally Posted by Free Radical View Post
We also have Meego
Ah well .. the more the merrier ...
vijayninel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-11   #4
Jason Bourne
Community Moderator
Mushtakhanda !!!

ManISinJpr is extremely Noble
ManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely Noble

Whatever they are, the more the merrier..

ManISinJpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-11   #5
teh priesT!
[E]onian
Semper Solus

modeSEVEN is highly AdmirablemodeSEVEN is highly AdmirablemodeSEVEN is highly AdmirablemodeSEVEN is highly AdmirablemodeSEVEN is highly AdmirablemodeSEVEN is highly AdmirablemodeSEVEN is highly Admirable

I don't think this will gain traction. Android and iOS have another kind of backing which is hard to ignore: the software and hardware juggernauts Google and Apple. Their brand recognition is part of why the OSes are so popular.
Old 29-09-11   #6
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
getting into competitive CS
1.6 once more

BULLZI is highly FamedBULLZI is highly FamedBULLZI is highly FamedBULLZI is highly FamedBULLZI is highly FamedBULLZI is highly FamedBULLZI is highly FamedBULLZI is highly FamedBULLZI is highly Famed

So which mobiles are gonna have this OS? I would love to use one but the sad fact is I have used Linux only for 3-4 hours in last 8 years.

i7 4790k @ 4 Ghz, Corsair H100i, Asus Maximus VII Ranger, 2 * 8 GB Corsair Vengeance pro 2133 Mhz, Asus GTX 970 Strix, Seasonic 1050 XM Gold, Samsung pro 256 GB ssd, 3 TB + storage, NZXT phantom, Steelseries Apex, Coolermaster Sentinel II Advance, League Of Legends Mousepad, NZXT Sentry, NZXT Hue, Asus pb298q
BULLZI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-11   #7
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
Puny human

dexbg is extremely Renowned
dexbg is extremely Renowneddexbg is extremely Renowned

At best it will get acquired by some competitor .. The battle lines were drawn long back ..
I don't think there is any space for another front .. commercially atlteast ..

Maybe if it can mature to something outside the mobile computing segment then we can surely see some benefit ..

but as always .. An idea never goes to waste ..

"I was there .. till the end"
dexbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-11   #8
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
You can never shutdown

ImaNapster is highly AdmirableImaNapster is highly AdmirableImaNapster is highly AdmirableImaNapster is highly AdmirableImaNapster is highly Admirable

I find that Samsung backing Tizen is completely out-of-order. They promote Bada OS as main platform for mobile along with hardware for android and WP7 now they are working on Tizen. It doesn't make any sense for me
Old 30-09-11   #9
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
Puny human

Also meego = tizen..

Samsung won't market tizen in the mobile segment.. Guy feeling

(begun the clone war has)
Old 02-10-11   #10
teh zeuS!
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
..I..

Rig Gallery

Dark Star is highly FamedDark Star is highly FamedDark Star is highly FamedDark Star is highly FamedDark Star is highly FamedDark Star is highly FamedDark Star is highly FamedDark Star is highly Famed

Its a shame that a company like Intel kept on abandoning the project, first Moblin, then meego. Who will use such an OS which has so unfaithful leaders. If Intel wanted the HTML5 implemented so badly they could have added APIs to the existing Meego repos, but they thought of abandoning it completely.

Tizen marks the end of meego and use of not so OSS the QT toolkit. Which is a shame. Even though Nokia has commited support for N9 and similar devices it will be interesting to see if it actually do it.

Add to that I doubt any 3rd party vendor will release netbooks based on Tizen, cause those who has released with Meego are done for now

Also meego = tizen..

Samsung won't market tizen in the mobile segment.. Guy feeling

(begun the clone war has)
Meego != Tizen. Meego usese the QT toolkit while Tizen will be build for HTML5 applications merging the goodies from Meego in a completely new way.

Dark Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-11   #11
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
Puny human

Right... Tizen = (Meego - Qt) + HTML5

Tizen is replacing Meego with LiMo alongside it now.
Old 03-10-11   #12
teh priesT!
[E]onian
Just Being Awesome!! :P

Rig Gallery

mavihs is highly Reputablemavihs is highly Reputablemavihs is highly Reputablemavihs is highly Reputable

we need a competitor to Android as it becoming a little closed these days.
on another note if developers don't make apps for Tizen then it won't get popular!
mavihs is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread  Reply