Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Lounge > Everything Under the Sun
Register Forgot Password?

Old 31-07-13   #1
teh priesT!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.

I Am Such a "good Person"!!!

Well sorry for misleading title
I need some help. An idea for final year project.
Preferably Android apps.
The concept should be good enough as I got to please the teachers with it because of some stupid rules. (I am very bad at it)
Many groups have already been granted Android app development and *#@^ they don't even know how to write a piece of code. Just because they know how to please teachers and stick to them all the time, they got it as a choice. And the worst part now they are learning it from me and I am "actually" helping them.(Reason for title).

It should be much closer to a domain said as Software Engineering, so something like Image processing won't be allowed as according to rules, it comes under Signal processing. Same as anything related to cryptography. Some apps in Software Engineering were like Education system or Quiz (lol quiz apps as BE projects).

'If' they say too many groups working on Android, I might change to Windows Phone or iOS apps. (preferably Windows) Also please advice if I should do this?
I haven't developed any app or used SDK for WP but I do know .NET and have browsed few codes for WP apps and it felt way too easy. @ManISinJpr ♦ would look to know few one liners to please teachers to allow me to select this topic
And as far as iOS, can learn something new, wouldn't be much of a problem apart from getting Mac OS specially for one app development. (Doesn't seems a good choice).

The problem is I am writing so much crap just to ask "an idea" is I really can't think of anything and have to place an idea as soon as possible.

There's a topic available, is not related to Mobile Apps but something else.
"Using social media to gain business value"
Let me know how to think for this project, just a small description would be enough. I know the meaning, but how to actually develop and get it working. I mean using which languages or platforms,etc.

Help me get a clear topic. Have seen another similar thread here where just a rough idea was given. That would confuse me more as I know I could make it but how can I explain it to teachers to allow me select that topic.
DaRampage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-13   #2
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian

tech is Mysterious
Re: I Am Such a "good Person"!!!

online restaurant management ! through tabs
tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-13   #3
teh priesT!
[E]onian

DaRampage is highly ReputableDaRampage is highly ReputableDaRampage is highly ReputableDaRampage is highly Reputable

Originally Posted by tech View Post
online restaurant management ! through tabs
The way I understand it, well that's a very good one. Developing it for an entire year would be easy plus error free. And also can expand the scope at anytime. Thanks.
Can you write one extra line for me, I mean as I am thinking more and more, getting confused. You wanted to say something like burrp/zomato apps or management of chain of restaurants. The later would be like heaven if selected

Edit: Or you meant using tabs by waiters n staff so that the system of a particular restaurant is automated??

---------- Post added at 08:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:22 PM ----------

Guys need atleast 3-4 options.
I know the teachers gonna try hard to say no.

Last edited by DaRampage; 31-07-13 at 10:02 PM.
Old 01-08-13   #4
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian

tech is Mysterious

both would be good , you can sell that software for $$$$$'s later on.

---------- Post added at 12:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 PM ----------

but nothing can beat the fun aof a good fart app with authentic indian sounds

---------- Post added at 12:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 PM ----------

yo can also try
Dating app that auto connects online people neaar you based on gps location
tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-13   #5
Jason Bourne
Community Moderator
Mushtakhanda !!!

ManISinJpr is extremely Noble
ManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely Noble

Seeing this after 4 days, was out of online world..
Mind made up or not??

ManISinJpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-13   #6
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian

rdst_1 is highly Reputablerdst_1 is highly Reputablerdst_1 is highly Reputablerdst_1 is highly Reputable

My brother made a small game for WP7. Actually he worked on the demo that comes with XNA.
If that is something you are interested in , teachers should find it difficult to say no to and you get to learn something new.
My brother is now going for a 2 year course at DSK Supainfocom and will be making a career out of game programming( hopefully).
Maybe you have a knack for it and really get into it seriously.

rdst_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-13   #7
teh priesT!
[E]onian

DaRampage is highly ReputableDaRampage is highly ReputableDaRampage is highly ReputableDaRampage is highly Reputable

Originally Posted by ManISinJpr View Post
Mind made up or not??
Not yet.

Originally Posted by rdst_1 View Post
My brother made a small game for WP7. Actually he worked on the demo that comes with XNA.
If that is something you are interested in , teachers should find it difficult to say no to and you get to learn something new.
Will have to do some search on it first. Rough google search shows an interesting field but need to find some training websites/videos for it before actually taking it. For something like Android, have decent knowledge and it's quite easy to explore more, so that's first on my list.

There's a topic available as Educational app for Aakash tablets. But chances are very less for me to get it. Also topics like providing directions/traffic information and messaging services have already been done in the previous few years.
Old 05-08-13   #8
teh priesT!
[E]onian

@ManISinJpr Any inputs/idea??
Old 05-08-13   #9
Jason Bourne
Community Moderator
Mushtakhanda !!!

ManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely Noble

If you want to make an app for your project then make one that can store the day's agenda of teaching, so at the year end all will have a repository of what is taught and even if someone misses a class then he or she can check th eapp and the notes that were taught, if this idea appeals to you ask again and I will go into more detail.
Originally Posted by DaRampage View Post
Any inputs/idea??
Old 05-08-13   #10
teh priesT!
[E]onian

Originally Posted by ManISinJpr View Post
if this idea appeals to you ask again and I will go into more detail.
Interesting, need little more description to get clear picture.
Old 05-08-13   #11
Jason Bourne
Community Moderator
Mushtakhanda !!!

What this app does is that it lets evry student make a note of whats taught, the points taught and stuff, then these notes are shareable and also can be edited, there can be one person who can then say the notes are final for th eday, this would then be shared with all, this would remove the ambiguity of only one student facing the brunt of finalising and thus create a scalable system.
once they are made any student can access them and study or whatever
Originally Posted by DaRampage View Post
Interesting, need little more description to get clear picture.
Post New Thread  Reply