Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation
  • Home
  • Forums
  • Articles
  • News
  • Gaming
  • Bazaar
  • Community
  • What's New
  • My Erodov
  • Help
navigation
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Articles > Reviews & Previews
Register Forgot Password?
Follow Erodov on Twitter Follow Us
Join us on FaceBook Join Us
Post New Article  Comment

Article Tools Search this Article
Corsair Vengeance Gaming Keyboards, Mice and Headsets Pre-launch Preview
Corsair Vengeance Gaming Keyboards, Mice and Headsets Pre-launch Preview
Date: 07-11-11
Manufacturer: Corsair.
Topic: Reviews & Previews
Author: harryneopotter

About Author:
Freelance techie, who loves technology, sports, photography and movies.

Index
Mice and Headsets 
Index

Corsair Vengeance Gaming Keyboards,
Mice and Headsets Pre-launch Preview
Corsair, a renowned brand among PC Enthusiasts, has added as bunch of new products to its portfolio making it even more appealing for Gamers and PC Lovers. Corsair is one of the most trusted brands when it comes to Power Supplies, Memories and SSD's. Adding to its recently launched Vengeance Series of Gaming products, Corsair has introduced a couple of both Gaming Keyboards and Mice and three pair of Gaming Headsets.

Vengeance Gaming Keyboards :

Features : Both of the Vengeance Series keyboards, i.e. Vengeance K60 and Vengeance K90 are Mechanical Keyboards, which are vastly superior than the traditional Membrane based keyboards in terms of durability, performance and typing comfort. Corsair has used "Cherry MX Red' switches in these keyboards, much to the delight of the users as these switches are considered to be the best of their kind.

Corsair has given a "Drum Roller" type Volume controller on these keyboards, which is very handy to use and adds to the experience of using a quality product. Both of these keyboards come with Anti-Ghosting Capabilities, a "Windows Lock" key to prevent accidental pressing of the "windows" key during intense gaming sessions, Gold Plated USB connectors, Non Tangible USB cables (2M in length) etc.

Vengeance K60 is designed for FPS gamers, which can be seen by the Brightly colored "WASD" cluster and #1-6 keys on the K60. These keys are contoured and textured as well, so that you know which keys you are pressing without diverting ur attention from the action on the screen. K60 also features a Hand rest, specifically designed for the left hand. The strategically designed hand rest doubles up as a storage compartment that houses the normal black colored keytops for the "WASD" and #1-6 keys. The keytops can be removed/changed by the "key cap tool", also found in the same compartment.

Vengeance K90 is designed for MMO and RTS gamers, as evident by the presence of 18 Macro keys and 3 Bank Select hotkeys, making it capable of recording/using 3 sets of 18 Macros at once. It also comes with a "Macro Record" hotkey to record macros on-the-fly.

The Macro Keys

Macro Record hotkey and the three "Bank Select" hotkeys

To impress even more. it comes with the much sought after, "Backlit" keys, a boon for all those night gaming session and other night-crawling users like us. The blue Back-lighting can be adjusted to 4 levels (i.e. 75%, 80%, 100% and Off) according to requirement, via a hotkey located at the left side of the volume Roller.

In addition to all of the above features, the K90 also features a USB port at the backside to connect the mouse or any other USB peripheral as required.

Both keyboards come with a brushed aluminium chassis, preventing them from flexing/bending and any resultant damage to the PCB/keys assembly. Laser etched keys that wont degrade over time even with heavy usage, gold plated connectors etc make these keyboards more durable and rugged than most of the other competitors in this segment. Even the USB connecting cable is sufficiently thick and rugged, the best we have ever seen till now.

Index
Mice and Headsets 

Tools
Add to harryneopotter's Karma
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
<< <    Next Page: Mice and Headsets (Page 1 of 2)    >  >>
By kikicoco1334 17-11-11
Re: Corsair Vengeance Gaming Keyboards, Mice and Headsets Pre-launch Preview

Very cool idea on the keys, like loving the backlit keys
By Animator 17-11-11

Its like mixture of many keyboards
By Kaneunderground 17-11-11

keyboards looks like made up of cheap plastic, mouse is copy of steel series & C.A.T ! lol .....head set earcup aint gr8 at all..
By thebanik 17-11-11

Corsair Keyboards and Headset looks great.....Even the features are pretty good alongwith the price.......
By ManISinJpr 17-11-11

So when are these expected in the market, and what will be the street price?
I am specially looking out for the KB's...
By vijayninel 17-11-11

The keyboards look very dated and unaesthetic in design. And I wonder why they need to put nylon sleeving on the cords. looks odd.
By thebanik 17-11-11

Originally Posted by vijayninel View Post
The keyboards look very dated and unaesthetic in design. And I wonder why they need to put nylon sleeving on the cords. looks odd.
Vijay, when is the last time you bought a mouse or keyboard???

Thats how most of the Keyboard and Mouse's cords are from all top brands these days. Pictures were taken in a Public Event hosted by Corsair, so it might be possible that the pics really do not justify the quality of the Products.
By JD666 17-11-11

^^ call it retro. The nylon sleeving is to protect the cord from damage, cuts, nicks.
By vijayninel 17-11-11

Originally Posted by JD666 View Post
^^ call it retro. The nylon sleeving is to protect the cord from damage, cuts, nicks.
Originally Posted by thebanik View Post
Thats how most of the Keyboard and Mouse's cords are from all top brands these days. Pictures were taken in a Public Event hosted by Corsair, so it might be possible that the pics really do not justify the quality of the Products.
I havent seen a single case where the keyboard cord was damaged by nicks and cuts. Ideally for free movement the cord should be as light and flexible as possible. If anything the extra sleeving will make the cord very slightly more inflexible and impede free movement. It seems more likely that the "top brands" are adding this unnecessary feature so that they can justify the bloated cost of their products. Perhaps they will also add a additional coating of gold braid for the "limited edition".
By harryneopotter 17-11-11

Originally Posted by vijayninel View Post
I havent seen a single case where the keyboard cord was damaged by nicks and cuts. Ideally for free movement the cord should be as light and flexible as possible. If anything the extra sleeving will make the cord very slightly more inflexible and impede free movement. It seems more likely that the "top brands" are adding this unnecessary feature so that they can justify the bloated cost of their products. Perhaps they will also add a additional coating of gold braid for the "limited edition".

ask this poor soul. Bought Microsoft Comfort Curve (for 1150/- hard earned Rupees), my first expensive keyboard, and just after 3 months, got a severed chord. The cable was ripped in two parts...still dont know how. May be it was a mouse (the rodent type), or it got stuck sumwhere in the keyboard drawer ..... The point is, it was heartbreaking to see my hard earned 1150/- bucks gone waste..(using an AL-cheapo keyboard since then ), cant imagine if the same thing happening with someone for a 6k keyboard. So according to me, the thick chord is a very good feature !

And i also read the words "cheap plastic keyboard" sumwhere, but as mentioned in the OP, its a "Brushed Aluminium" chassis. And as @thebanik already mentioned, the pics arent doing justice to the hardware.
By JD666 17-11-11

When keyboards are placed in drawer type of trays, or trays which have the cable going at the back, the cable does get chaffed at the back.

And covering any data cable with a braided protective sheath is pretty normal. Its used for any high performance/reliability scenarios, Also in aircrafts.

Yes i agree, it gives the manufacturers to add bulk and show that they are giving quality, but after making a dhaansu keyboard, and leaving the cord all flimsy and soft, does'nt really make sense now does it.
By Xeo 17-11-11

Hmmm.....
Will wait for the CM keyboards to come also, most probably will get a TVS Gold or something but I've never experienced MX Reds...
So confusing...
By vijayninel 17-11-11

Originally Posted by harryneopotter View Post
ask this poor soul. Bought Microsoft Comfort Curve (for 1150/- hard earned Rupees), my first expensive keyboard, and just after 3 months, got a severed chord. The cable was ripped in two parts...still dont know how. May be it was a mouse (the rodent type), or it got stuck sumwhere in the keyboard drawer ..... The point is, it was heartbreaking to see my hard earned 1150/- bucks gone waste..(using an AL-cheapo keyboard since then ), cant imagine if the same thing happening with someone for a 6k keyboard. So according to me, the thick chord is a very good feature !
My condolences for the early demise of your keyboard, however I would like to assure you that the thin nylon sleeve would have been quite useless if a rodent got to it. You see the sleeve will add almost no shear strength and very little tensile strength to the cord. The rodent will cut through the 50 micron sleeve like hot knife through butter.

Braided sleeves are typically used in harsh environments for resistance to chemicals, extreme temperatures, minor cuts (on thick strong sleeves) or abrasion. Putting such a thin sleeve on such a small diameter wire for domestic application only makes marketing sense.

Secondly I do not like the basic designs of the keyboards. It's not just about the poor quality of photographs as some have suggested. The designs look very boxy and dated to me. Anyway this depends upon personal preference of users. The 70's style thick glasses are supposed to be fashionable once again now. Maybe this is something similar.
By harryneopotter 17-11-11

never knew the Agent was so much into "curves"

And its not just the nylon sleeving, the cable is around 5-7 times thicker than any normal keyboard (including my late keyboard). So less chances of getting damaged, IMO.
Post New Article  Comment
Please share with friends!

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search