Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation
  • Home
  • Forums
  • Articles
  • News
  • Gaming
  • Bazaar
  • Community
  • What's New
  • My Erodov
  • Help
navigation
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Articles > Reviews & Previews
Register Forgot Password?
Follow Erodov on Twitter Follow Us
Join us on FaceBook Join Us
Post New Article  Comment

Article Tools Search this Article
Xigmatek Thor's Hammer CPU Cooler Review
Date: 17-02-10
Topic: Reviews & Previews
Author: Madhusudan Banik

About Author:
Network admin at day. [E] Lead Hardware Geek at night

Index
Specification and Packaging 
Index

Introduction

For a long time in Personal Computing there have been many companies trying to produce the best Air Cooler. Within the last few years we have seen some amazing products from Thermalright, Noctua, Xigmatek among others. Among these where Xigmatek really shines is the value for money it offers to its consumers.

Xigmatek is pretty much well known in the enthusiast segment, and they have been in business since 2005 only, but within this short period of time they have become well known for producing great value coolers. Their corporate goal of I.C.E or Impressive, Creative & Essential does nicely sum up why they have made such a good reputation for themselves in so few years.

Today we will be testing the New Xigmatek Thorís Hammer S126384 which boasts Double Layer HDT technology and is set to surpass the performance of the companyís already Reigning giants, The S1283 and S1284 Coolers. Just to remind our readers, Xigmatek were the Pioneers of the Direct Heatpipe cooling when they proved its efficiency with their S1283 offering. But can it stand up to Thermalright's Top Dog, Venomous X? Lets move ahead and find out, shall we?

Index
Specification and Packaging 

Tools
Add to thebanik's Karma
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
<< <    Next Page: Specification and Packaging (Page 1 of 6)    >  >>
By vijayninel 18-03-10
re: Xigmatek Thor's Hammer CPU Cooler Review

Well I too have the Thors hammer and am pretty happy with it I must say
By ManISinJpr ♦ 18-03-10

Thanks for a nice review Banik, it took 4 weeks to get this review approved? or nobody commented on it !!!
anyway, what was the cost and availability of the equipment?
  • A AMD lever style mounting bar for AMD systems
Is this lever style mechanism for AMD really working, well for the size and weight, I think it is overkill but I want your opinion.

I also want you testers and reviewers ( Banik and Mav2000 ) to kindly include value of economical hsf's too like CM hyper 212 plus. you both have all the data therefore it will be easier for yuou to elongate the comparison charts and that will give us ( I mean Erodov ) more mileage on internet )
Thanks again.
By Ritvik 18-03-10

Nice review Banik, its one of the nicest looking coolers I've seen. The Venomous X is out in India though, Rs.3900/- here in Chennai.
By stonedsurd 18-03-10

Originally Posted by ManISinJpr View Post
Thanks for a nice review Banik, it took 4 weeks to get this review approved? or nobody commented on it !!!
anyway, what was the cost and availability of the equipment?
The review was started 4 weeks ago, completed 3 days ago. Yes, we can be lazy sometimes

Originally Posted by ManISinJpr View Post
I also want you testers and reviewers ( Banik and Mav2000 ) to kindly include value of economical hsf's too like CM hyper 212 plus. you both have all the data therefore it will be easier for yuou to elongate the comparison charts and that will give us ( I mean Erodov ) more mileage on internet
I believe Mav already did a review of the Hyper 212. However, it was on the AMD platform, which is why it's not included in this review.
By ManISinJpr ♦ 18-03-10

@ Ritvik , Are you sure that the Venom X is out inIndia !! I couldn't find it.
@ Stoney, I know mav2000 did a review, that is why I suggested that the old reviews be included, so that we or Erodov gets the max mileage from internet users all over the world, coz there will be users who want a comparison test and there is where we come in, on TOPS.
By Ritvik 18-03-10

I'm certain it is. Theitdepot - Thermalright Venomous X CPU Cooler

Oh and its in stock and not just listed
By thebanik 19-03-10
Re: Xigmatek Thor's Hammer CPU Cooler Review

@Manish, honestly I havent used the AMD lever style mounting hence really would not be the right person to comment, if I am not wrong price of Thor would be around Rs. 4k including 2 Xigmatek Fans, which is a pretty nice deal IMO.....
By mav2000 19-03-10

The AMD lever style works pretty well, just dont expect it to work as well as a bolt down system. The advantage in this system is the ease of installation as nothing on the mobo needs to be changed. The disadvantage is slightly lower pressure and orientation of the heatsink.
By omi 6933 19-03-10

awesome review buddy
Post New Article  Comment
Please share with friends!

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search