Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Lounge > Interesting News on the Web
Register Forgot Password?

Old 30-07-14   #1
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.

Xiaomi Mi3 Sold Out in 5 Seconds: Flipkart

Chinese handset maker Xiaomi sold out all Mi 3 devices in its second flash sale online on Tuesday in five seconds, the company said, yet a large number of customers were left disappointed because of the limited stocks offered.

About 100,000 customers had registered to buy the Mi 3 smartphone, priced at Rs 13,999, on Flipkart's website. Xiaomi and Flipkart said that till date 20,000 devices have been sold through the online retailer.Industry insiders say Xiaomi had about 10,000 devices up during the first sale, which were grabbed instantaneously by consumers a week ago.

A day earlier, Xiaomi had asked customers to log on to the website and stay ready for the sale. Xiaomi will hold its next sale on August 5 and customers will have to register again for a chance to buy the phone, the company added on its Twitter page. "We're pleasantly surprised by the numbers we saw on Tuesday. There were an estimated 2.5 lakh customers on the site at the time of the sale," Manu Jain, head of India operations for Xiaomi told ET.

"We are ramping up production on the backend to meet with demand here," Jain added, when asked about the shortage of devices for queued-up customers.

Xiaomi's Mi3 sold out in 5 seconds, says Flipkart - The Economic Times
Blue Leaf likes this.

Zing zing zing
Member_xyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-14   #2
teh nuB!
[E]onian

DivyeshMehta10 is Notable
Re: Xiaomi Mi3 Sold Out in 5 Seconds: Flipkart

5 seconds!!
Marketing or Truth
DivyeshMehta10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-14   #3
teh spamm[E]R!
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r

Rig Gallery

wingzero is extremely Renowned
wingzero is extremely Renownedwingzero is extremely Renownedwingzero is extremely Renownedwingzero is extremely Renownedwingzero is extremely Renowned

Marketing tactics. Supply Demand chain gain!

Guides n Reviews :
wingzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-14   #4
Unelected
Administrator
Meum pactum dictum

Rig Gallery

vijayninel is extremely Eminent
vijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminent

Originally Posted by DivyeshMehta10 View Post
5 seconds!!
Marketing or Truth
Nothing compared to Apple. People wait/camp in queue for days outside Apple stores to buy the iPhone. Here you are just on a online wait list.
ankurcshah likes this.
Old 31-07-14   #5
teh nuB!

subhadip is Notable

Originally Posted by vijayninel View Post
Nothing compared to Apple. People wait/camp in queue for days outside Apple stores to buy the iPhone. Here you are just on a online wait list.
Thats because the sales model of Apple and Xiaomi are different entirely. If Apple shuts down all iPhone stores right now and takes up an online only sales approach, automatically the buyers would be in the waiting list. Similarly, if Xiaomi opens Xiaomi exclusive stores in cities and ditches web store exclusivity right now its guaranteed there would be plenty of buyers waiting in the queue to grab an Mi4. Also, Pricing is the biggest factor, Apple has always seen India as their dump to launch pre historic phones at current prices, thats why you will never see a huge queue outside an apple store in India
subhadip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-14   #6
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
Macbook pro (OS x+xP)!

sahib is highly Prominentsahib is highly Prominentsahib is highly Prominent

"Also, Pricing is the biggest factor, Apple has always seen India as their dump to launch pre historic phones at current prices, thats why you will never see a huge queue outside an apple store in India "
Dude i had to stand for 4 hours in line to get an iphone 5s in gurgaon itself. And this was the story at a lot of places. You can google regarding the same too.
Old 31-07-14   #7
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian

redhotiron2004 is Notable

Originally Posted by sahib View Post
"Also, Pricing is the biggest factor, Apple has always seen India as their dump to launch pre historic phones at current prices, thats why you will never see a huge queue outside an apple store in India "
Dude i had to stand for 4 hours in line to get an iphone 5s in gurgaon itself. And this was the story at a lot of places. You can google regarding the same too.
Ever heard about good marketing Dude?
I agree that was what happened in the past at some places. But it was certainly exerated by apple marketing guys at most places specially during the launch. .

And I seriously doubt that iphone6 would even get that kind of response in the future now. Atleast not in India. There are better devices at much lower prices available now.

redhotiron2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread  Reply