Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation
  • Home
  • Forums
  • Articles
  • News
  • Gaming
  • Bazaar
  • Community
  • What's New
  • My Erodov
  • Help
navigation
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Hardware Zone > Hardware and Case Mods
Register Forgot Password?

Old 18-06-09   #1
teh spamm[E]R!
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r

Rig Gallery
Wingzero's Case Mod

Lolz....so with a weird title and a clumsy state of mind would like to share a rough idea on my cabinet mod...(zebronics bijli)

Just ordered ccfl pair kit from predatorvj....have some fans 80mm's 120mm's lying around so decided to go for a cabinet mod....

Just did a prototype designing of the side panel for now. Bottom and top modding later on....I wanna know my fellow [E]mates comment on this and guidance by Mod guru's of [E]

Help appreciated.
TIA

Update : 2nd aug-09

Got the acrylic sheet ordinary qulaity imo....but i cant expect much over here..got 40 x 40 cm^2 for 180 buxx....costlier too but i was rather happy that i got it

Also found out guy who can cut out designs on acrylic....and guess the price for cutting out a 120mm dia holes ...5 buxx...he quoted a total of 30buxx or so to cut out the needed size for the basic plexi and 2 x 120mm dia holes.....He can also do any custom cut outs on the plexi. Cool

Today cut out the side panel window.....here's some pics some may guess out what all i used to do this and i want ya all to comment on the same

Guides n Reviews :

Last edited by stonedsurd; 02-08-09 at 10:21 PM.
wingzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-09   #2
teh geeK!
[E]onian
Blogging & Internt Marketi

roadrippersid is highly Admirableroadrippersid is highly Admirableroadrippersid is highly Admirableroadrippersid is highly Admirableroadrippersid is highly Admirableroadrippersid is highly Admirableroadrippersid is highly Admirable
Re: Mod-[E]ye

NIce design u can use grills and some high CFM fans like Xigmatech for case intake fan and CM or amigo on sides. i Have 3 fans excluding the case intake fan ..no noise at al ...
Old 18-06-09   #3
teh spamm[E]R!

Rig Gallery

wingzero is extremely Renowned
wingzero is extremely Renownedwingzero is extremely Renownedwingzero is extremely Renownedwingzero is extremely Renownedwingzero is extremely Renowned

Originally Posted by roadrippersid View Post
NIce design u can use grills and some high CFM fans like Xigmatech for case intake fan and CM or amigo on sides. i Have 3 fans excluding the case intake fan ..no noise at al ...
thnx
Amigo??...scythe's or xigmas are good....well for now fan purchase shall be later on after i do the mod with the fans m having currently.
Old 18-06-09   #4
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.

Rig Gallery

JD666 is highly ProminentJD666 is highly ProminentJD666 is highly Prominent

not a bad idea, but what do u intend doing with the rest of the cabby? or is this only for the side panel??
JD666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-09   #5
teh spamm[E]R!

Rig Gallery

wingzero is extremely Renownedwingzero is extremely Renownedwingzero is extremely Renownedwingzero is extremely Renownedwingzero is extremely Renowned

Originally Posted by JD666 View Post
not a bad idea, but what do u intend doing with the rest of the cabby? or is this only for the side panel??
Starting with sidepanel if it goes well....will mod the top and bottom....wt else should i do??....suggestions pls.....also willing to paint all black inside.
Old 18-06-09   #6
Unelected
Administrator
Meum pactum dictum

Rig Gallery

vijayninel is extremely Eminent
vijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminent

I think it would be much easier to cut a square window, fit a square acrylic sheet and paste the design with sticker.
Old 18-06-09   #7
teh spamm[E]R!

Rig Gallery

Originally Posted by vijayninel View Post
I think it would be much easier to cut a square window, fit a square acrylic sheet and paste the design with sticker.
Yea that was also under consideration after thoughts
Wer can i make the sticker??..
Old 18-06-09   #8
Jason Bourne
Community Coordinator
Mushtakhanda !!!

ManISinJpr is extremely Noble
ManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely Noble

^^ the sticker can be made with the stencil printer in your city, they are the persons who cut out the stickers for the glow sign boards....
and thinking of the modding on the side panel, I think this is achievable although it will hard work + you will need a super tool like a dremel.

ManISinJpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-09   #9
teh spamm[E]R!

Rig Gallery

Originally Posted by ManISinJpr View Post
^^ the sticker can be made with the stencil printer in your city, they are the persons who cut out the stickers for the glow sign boards....
and thinking of the modding on the side panel, I think this is achievable although it will hard work + you will need a super tool like a dremel.
But do they work for the exact dimensions?...or i have to cut em on my own?..and on what to make this sticker design, using some software or wt?.

How do we cut the panel without the dremel? i mean i know we can use dremel to cut the shapes but ninel said cutout the whole panel making a window and sticker thing..so use an axesaw here or wt??.
Old 18-06-09   #10
teh geeK!
[E]onian
Blogging & Internt Marketi

roadrippersid is highly Admirableroadrippersid is highly Admirableroadrippersid is highly Admirableroadrippersid is highly Admirableroadrippersid is highly Admirableroadrippersid is highly Admirableroadrippersid is highly Admirable

Originally Posted by wingzero View Post
thnx
Amigo??...scythe's or xigmas are good....well for now fan purchase shall be later on after i do the mod with the fans m having currently.

amigos are budget fans...
roadrippersid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-09   #11
teh spamm[E]R!

Rig Gallery

Originally Posted by roadrippersid View Post
amigos are budget fans...
ya m having them...hate the 4 led's:@....but for the price it gives good performance led's
Old 18-06-09   #12
Unelected
Administrator
Meum pactum dictum

Rig Gallery

vijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminent

Yea that was also under consideration after thoughts
Wer can i make the sticker??..
You can get them cut at signboard shops. Not all shops have the cutter machines and generally outsource the work so find one which actually does have the machine.

You can design the sticker on your computer and give it on a CD. The machine is fully automated and will cut exactly what you have given.

Note that the sticker has to be pasted carefully to avoid any air pockets. From what I have seen the signboard people first spray soap water on the surface then paste the sticker, rub it down with flat strips and then peel off the unwanted part. This is for large sized stickers though. For such a small size TLC should be sufficient.
vijayninel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-09   #13
teh spamm[E]R!

Rig Gallery

^^thanx. now we have trouble....i have to make design on pc...
Old 18-06-09   #14
Unelected
Administrator
Meum pactum dictum

Rig Gallery

^^thanx. now we have trouble....i have to make design on pc...
Coreldraw should do the job. If you think that you will Aragorn yourself doing it, then ask Aragorn. He is good at this stuff.

vijayninel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-09   #15
teh spamm[E]R!

Rig Gallery

^^lolz sure.....i shall get to Aragorn for aragorn stuff....but he mite be too busy aragorning himself:|....Did i just aragorned myself. Duh!
Post New Thread  Reply