Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Lounge > Interesting News on the Web
Register Forgot Password?

Old 31-05-14   #1
teh zeuS!
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
I'M bACK

Icon7 Windows Phone 8.1′s Official File Manager Finds Its Way to the Store

Back when Joe Belfiore took part in an AMA on Reddit, for Windows Phone 8.1, he revealed that Microsoft had an official File Manager app ready and it will be coming soon. That day has arrived, as the “Files” app has made its way on to the store. With the new WinRT APIs for 8.1, Microsoft had enabled the file picker and file access for third party apps, and it was only about time that they made a first party app too. This should have been released along with the operating system, but hey, at least we get full file management on Windows Phone now. Grab it from the link below, from the Windows Phone Store -
“Files” for Windows Phone

The store description reads -
By using this app you can:
• Access files stored on your phone and SD card
• Browse, search and launch files
• Easily share one file or multiple files
• Create folders to organise your files
• Copy, move, rename and delete files
A good thing about the first party file manager app is that you can “manage” your files, by adding folders, performing move/copy operations and such, unlike some of the third party explorers that are already available on the store. The app is also faster than the alternatives, and can directly share the files through any of the available apps that show up on the share contract. Like for example, one can directly share a file to OneDrive on the cloud or even share it locally over Bluetooth and NFC. So, what are you waiting for? If you have a Windows Phone 8.1 device, or running the developer preview, give the app a go. Finally a way to see the downloads folder for IE.

Source Windows Phone Store

zacfx05 likes this.
The Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-14   #2
Jason Bourne
Community Moderator
Mushtakhanda !!!

ManISinJpr is extremely Noble
ManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely Noble
Re: Windows Phone 8.1′s Official File Manager Finds Its Way to the Store

I am already using this from the hour it was launched.. !!

Does the job pretty well.

It was much needed..

ManISinJpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-14   #3
teh zeuS!
I'M bACK

The Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply Great

Can you delete temp files using file manager? ManISinJpr ♦
Old 02-06-14   #4
Jason Bourne
Community Moderator
Mushtakhanda !!!

ManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely Noble

No.. Temp files can be deleted through Storage check in settings ..
Old 02-06-14   #5
Cat in the rat race
Incognito

ChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly Famed

This keeps on getting better and better!

I hope WP grows fast enough to give some proper competition to iOS and Android..
ManISinJpr likes this.
Old 03-06-14   #6
teh zeuS!
I'M bACK

The Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply Great

Hope so.
Old 03-06-14   #7
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.

redhotiron2004 is Notable

Originally Posted by ChironX View Post
This keeps on getting better and better!

I hope WP grows fast enough to give some proper competition to iOS and Android..
Why would you want WP to give any competition to android?

Android is much bigger than your imagination. It seems that you have not used an android OS till now. Isn't it?

Anyways android is free. WP with all its stupid limitations add to the cost of the device unnecessarily and not free. Why would anyone in the world want to use something like that.

With android you can do anything or make it yourself. With WP. You are dependent on the mercy of the creators. I hope WP dies out by itself.

redhotiron2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-14   #8
Cat in the rat race
Incognito

ChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly Famed

No, I haven't used android at all. The LG G2 and the HTC Rezound and other phones I used run on Donkey OS, not android.

I have been using both Windows Phone and Android since their inception, and I will still iterate that Windows Phone, with its all limitations is a better OS than android. What it lacks in customizability, and marketplace app options, it makes up for its ease of use, a truly optimized OS and functionality.

Sure android is much bigger than my 'imagination ', but I Am not a stupid fanboy who doesn't welcome competition and invention in the market. The fact that WP is the fastest growing mobile OS is something everyone should welcome since having more options is good for us consumers.

Stop being narrowminded and appreciate the fact that WP is starting to become relevant in the market, slowly but surely.

Sent from my G.Two.
ManISinJpr and coolnikin like this.
ChironX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-14   #9
Jason Bourne
Community Moderator
Mushtakhanda !!!

A very hard fanboi reply, I must say.
For your information I have been using Android since its very start.. !
have used many devices and tablets and still use them for my needs..
But I for my personal use and way of work use only Windows phone 8.1 and am immensely happy with it.
Why ?? Coz it does all the work and use that I have for it and never flinches..
Coz it has got no headaches as I have with Android.
Coz it has almost all the apps I require and use, and I use more than you could even dream of.

So be a reasonable person and start thinking on the lines of a tech enthusiast and be a patient learner.
Originally Posted by redhotiron2004 View Post
Why would you want WP to give any competition to android?

Android is much bigger than your imagination. It seems that you have not used an android OS till now. Isn't it?

Anyways android is free. WP with all its stupid limitations add to the cost of the device unnecessarily and not free. Why would anyone in the world want to use something like that.

With android you can do anything or make it yourself. With WP. You are dependent on the mercy of the creators. I hope WP dies out by itself.

Old 04-06-14   #10
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.

redhotiron2004 is Notable

Originally Posted by ChironX View Post
No, I haven't used android at all. The LG G2 and the HTC Rezound and other phones I used run on Donkey OS, not android.

I have been using both Windows Phone and Android since their inception, and I will still iterate that Windows Phone, with its all limitations is a better OS than android. What it lacks in customizability, and marketplace app options, it makes up for its ease of use, a truly optimized OS and functionality.

Sure android is much bigger than my 'imagination ', but I Am not a stupid fanboy who doesn't welcome competition and invention in the market. The fact that WP is the fastest growing mobile OS is something everyone should welcome since having more options is good for us consumers.

Stop being narrowminded and appreciate the fact that WP is starting to become relevant in the market, slowly but surely.

Sent from my G.Two.
I am not narrow minded. But, you seem to be too optimistic about WP. Look I am not at all against competition. It's all good for us consumers. But, what really bugs me is the fact that people compare something so limited and paid to something that is free and immensely customizable.

And I will give you the reason why I consider android that way. Ever since I joined XDA forum. The world opened for me. I owned a 2011 device for which Sony have stopped providing upgrades. But, now I was able to get most of the functions and softwares from 2014 mobile range that was never intended for my mobile. Not only that, I was able to get best features from Samsung. Beats audio from HTC etc on my Sony. It certainly increased my Mobile's life. I don't recall any other OS having so many options.

Now, I know how WP 7.5 users were not able to upgrade. Even WP 8 users were having problems. There was no way to get those options even when there hardware were capable enough. Bluetooth problems have been universal with them. Basic things like file manager had been non existent till now. Microsoft completely controlled what people should do and not do.

No matter what you say. But, I am certainly not going to support something that ties your hands completely. And dictates its every wish on the consumer.
Android is far better. Atleast you are free to do anything you want.

redhotiron2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread  Reply