Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Lounge > Everything Under the Sun
Register Forgot Password?

Old 23-01-12   #1
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian
trolling around

Windows Automotive Anyone?

so, has anyone worked on windows automotive? like built apps or something? or know anyone who has?
baba doga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-12   #2
Jason Bourne
Community Moderator
Mushtakhanda !!!

ManISinJpr is extremely Noble
ManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely Noble
Re: Windows Automotive Anyone?

^^ Precisely what are you referring to?
What I have read is that its embedded systems.. sort of..

---------- Post added at 01:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:14 PM ----------

Here is the website..

Automotive Solutions | Connected Services | Windows Embedded Automotive 7

ManISinJpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-12   #3
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian
trolling around

baba doga is Notable

actually, i have a windows automotive 1.0 based system in my car. So I am thinking if i can milk it further. FIAT isn't putting it to much use i thinks.
Old 23-01-12   #4
Jason Bourne
Community Moderator
Mushtakhanda !!!

ManISinJpr is extremely Noble
ManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely Noble

^^ Ohh so you were looking at enhancing the Blue functionality in your car..
that is or might be a very good initiative..

you will need connectivity tools, connectors and a laptop with the base auto controls running.. it is all possible..
ManISinJpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-12   #5
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian
trolling around

baba doga is Notable

the key problem is that any app that has to be installed on the dabba needs to be signed by the auto manufacturer who licensed the dabba. the dabba might be having a unused gps chip.

i can get an obd tool. but that would allow canbus connections. i want blue and me to do things or me.
Old 23-01-12   #6
teh geeK!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.

SumitB is simply GreatSumitB is simply GreatSumitB is simply GreatSumitB is simply GreatSumitB is simply GreatSumitB is simply GreatSumitB is simply GreatSumitB is simply GreatSumitB is simply GreatSumitB is simply GreatSumitB is simply Great

Fiat has been using Microsoft's BlueMe functionality for quite some time and it is too dated now. People are already tossing these out and going in for the full featured touchscreen consoles. Gives you GPS, iPod and other music player connectivity. Full Car PCs are also in now.
SumitB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-12   #7
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian
trolling around

baba doga is Notable

does not make economic sense for me to throw that thing out. plus this is more about khurafat than anything else.
Old 23-01-12   #8
teh geeK!
[E]onian

SumitB is simply GreatSumitB is simply GreatSumitB is simply GreatSumitB is simply GreatSumitB is simply GreatSumitB is simply GreatSumitB is simply GreatSumitB is simply GreatSumitB is simply GreatSumitB is simply GreatSumitB is simply Great

Originally Posted by baba doga View Post
does not make economic sense for me to throw that thing out. plus this is more about khurafat than anything else.
In that case, you need to troll a few of these international automotive forums where they discuss the BlueMe functionality in Fiat cars. However, I don't see any possibility of the Indian Punto and Linea having GPS chips embedded into them but I would love to be proven wrong.
JD666 likes this.
SumitB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-12   #9
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian
trolling around

baba doga is Notable

yeah, I'm trolling those romanians and italians.

bm has multiple flavours. one of them is bm nav -which should be having gps. now, there is adequate possibility that they sourced the dabba in one go and everything else has been incremental engineering.

check out 'ecodrive'.
Old 23-01-12   #10
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian

Rig Gallery

JD666 is highly ProminentJD666 is highly ProminentJD666 is highly Prominent

^^ Its quite possible, that these features might be present... The cost of the item will vary very little for the company, but getting a new item manufactured will be a bigger hassle. They do de-activate them to save the other ancillaries that would have to be installed for them.

Interesting.... i like!!! But dude, you'll have to find a modded kit or a scan tool that would let you unlock the ECU etc.
JD666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-12   #11
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian
trolling around

baba doga is Notable

when it comes to automotive software, the issues are more of a regulatory nature than anything else.

the car has an obdII port and two can buses. one each for engine and dashboard. people have made plug-in devices that display engine stats(!) on the dashboard MID! no connection with b&m there tho.

considering the fact that ecodrive reads engine data, and b&m itself plays a lot with the MID, one can say that b&m has access to both the buses. so a lot could be done, keeping the stock look and feel intact.

JD, do you have any people who work on this stuff? could get any contacts thru techno?
Old 23-01-12   #12
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian

Rig Gallery

^^ I can get you to check out the tools etc that they use... Think that would be a start though.. But what you would need would be a custom rom or the software thats present on the European models.
ManISinJpr likes this.
Old 23-01-12   #13
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian
trolling around

baba doga is Notable

i have a practical problem with b&m. the tracks playing via usb-b&m can only be changed from the steering controls. no remote or radio control. the steering controls work via can-bus. so a clean solution to the problem could be done.

the tjet ws initially said to come with a remote control ( press release). and then this thing vanished in production.

---------- Post added at 01:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:42 AM ----------

the start itself is very important. if i can get a logs of all the can bus alerts and interrupts and identify what generated them, half the story is complete.

ill read up more and post here.
JD666 and ManISinJpr like this.
Old 25-01-12   #14
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian
trolling around

baba doga is Notable

hokay. so i opened up the b&m. sumit was right, this one doesnt have a gps chip.

key components:
1. can controller : nxp sja1000t
2. arm processor: samsung sja1000t
3. voice: xilinx something - didnt bother to note that down.
4. usb: MT D9fJB X 2.
5. NAND: Samsung SECk9f56088U0D - JIBO
6. BT: infineon PMB 8761 v. 3.29
7. NXP TJA1054AT

Now, any has any idea if 8761 v 3.29 supports a2dp?

if one sidelines the initial disappointment wrt gps, this thing can be utilised better i think. Plus the box holding this computer is spacious enough for a rasp board to fit in.

I suppose @initpidzero has worked on ARM.
JD666 likes this.
Old 25-01-12   #15
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian

Rig Gallery

^^ No idea bro, but i like the khurapat!!!
babhishek likes this.
Post New Thread  Reply