Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Software Zone > Operating Systems
Register Forgot Password?

Old 27-02-14   #1
teh nuB!
I havent set my status yet.

Windows 8.1 Pro Student - Help Required

Hello folks,

A friend of mine just got an extra code of Win 8.1 Pro Student and is willing to give it to me. However, I've read on few websites that in the event of a format or repair needed to the Windows, one needs to download the entire OS again from the Microsoft website. Is there any workaround this and if yes, how?

Also, can anyone shed light on what is the size of the OS and can I install it on my system that's running a pirated copy of Windows 7 Ultimate?

Thank you
zerocool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-14   #2
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian

kundalus is very Notable
Re: Windows 8.1 Pro Student - Help Required

Install windows n use a third party software to backup. Like lenovo has one key recovery. They backup in cd drive mostly.

kundalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-14   #3
Jason Bourne
Community Coordinator
Mushtakhanda !!!

ManISinJpr is extremely Noble
ManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely Noble

Only one legit or activated version is possible, but you can install the OS from a single file using a dvd or usb

You wouldn't have to download it again if you have a dvd.. but do remember to get the correct version..

Do not download from Microsoft or you will not be able to save the file !!
The file for 64 bit is around 3.1 GB and for 32 bit is 2.54 GB

ManISinJpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-14   #4
teh nuB!

zerocool is Mysterious

Originally Posted by kundalus View Post
Install windows n use a third party software to backup. Like lenovo has one key recovery. They backup in cd drive mostly.

Thanks for the response. Backup is not really essential as I store all my important data cloud servers.

Originally Posted by ManISinJpr View Post
Only one legit or activated version is possible, but you can install the OS from a single file using a dvd or usb

You wouldn't have to download it again if you have a dvd.. but do remember to get the correct version..

How do I know which is the right version? Microsoft does not ship disc installation media to India. The OS is available only for download via website. I read that for Windows 8 we can install the OS via an ISO downloaded through torrents but I'm not sure on if that works here.
Old 28-02-14   #5
Jason Bourne
Community Coordinator
Mushtakhanda !!!

ManISinJpr is extremely Noble
ManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely Noble

What you get a license for that is the legal and right version.. !!
Yes there are some torrents which give untouched original copy of the iso which you can burn to a dvd and use to install the OS.. !~
But do check the hashes for it..
Originally Posted by zerocool View Post
How do I know which is the right version? Microsoft does not ship disc installation media to India. The OS is available only for download via website. I read that for Windows 8 we can install the OS via an ISO downloaded through torrents but I'm not sure on if that works here.
ManISinJpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-14   #6
teh nuB!

zerocool is Mysterious

What you get a license for that is the legal and right version.. !!
Yes there are some torrents which give untouched original copy of the iso which you can burn to a dvd and use to install the OS.. !~
But do check the hashes for it..
yeah, looking for that
Old 28-02-14   #7
teh smartie pantS!
[E]onian
Looking to Sell My Rig

devvfata1ity is very Notable

Actually this is not true..

A) Using the student verification one can purchase upto 5 copies of windows in one year.
B) One can save the file downloaded from MS using windows set up tool, you just have to select the option of create installation media instead of install. That way u will get the option to save the set-up files on a usb or as an iso file.
ManISinJpr likes this.
2018 RIG: Core i5 8400 (3.9 ghz) | Asrock Z370 Pro4 | Adata XPG Z1G DDR4 3000 16GB | GTX 1080 Mini ( 2152 core, 11600 mem) | TX 850V2 | Force GT 120GB | 850 EVO 250 GB | WD Green 500 GB | Seagate Barracuda 500 GB | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Spire Thermax Eclipse II P/P | NZXT Tempest EVO |

Consoles: Xbox ONE | Xbox 360 | PS4 | PSP 3000

Smartphones: iPhone X 64GB | Galaxy Note8 64 GB| Pixel 2 64GB

Tablets: BB Playbook | Nexus 7 2013 | Ipad 2017

devvfata1ity is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread  Reply