Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Lounge > Interesting News on the Web
Register Forgot Password?

Old 07-10-09   #1
Unelected
Administrator
Meum pactum dictum

Rig Gallery
Windows 7 Steve Ballmer Signature Edition

Windows 7 Steve Ballmer Signature Edition

Ballmer signs limited editions of Windows 7
Anyone brave enough to be throwing a Windows 7 house party is in for an extra special treat - Microsoft is dishing out a “Signature Edition” of the Ultimate version of its upcoming operating system to the hosts.

And, praise be, it’s also handing over balloons to party animals too. The special flashy edition of the OS comes in a black box adorned with gold writing that includes an “autograph” from Big Steve. Of course, this doesn’t mean he’s personally signed every single copy that the company has provided to Windows 7 party hosts across the globe.

Instead the printed signature version is basically a limited edition version of the software.

Inside the box, Microsoft has included the aforementioned balloons, which the eagle-eyed among you will recall had been unceremoniously yanked from European Windows 7 parties.

Microsoft’s Windows core OS division boss M3 Sweatt blogged about the “Signature Edition” on Friday and provided a few pictures too.

"The goodies are actually very nice, especially the Windows 7 tote bags, perfect for the Cayman Islands for the beach! Also included were Windows 7 branded napkins, a puzzle pack; the pieces come together to form a wallpaper image from Windows 7,” he said.

“There was also a pack of Windows 7 playing cards, a colour poster and of course the piece de resistance, a FULL copy of Windows 7 Ultimate Edition (Steve Ballmer Signature Edition). What I was not expecting though was the Anytime Upgrade to Ultimate Signature 64 bit edition. A nice bonus!"

Microsoft’s poster child Bill Gates had his signature plastered over special edition packs of Windows Vista when it launched in 2006, so it’s hardly surprising to see Redmond repeat its marketing gimmick with Windows 7.

Inside the Windows 7 Party Pack

Meanwhile 24-hour-Windows-7-party-people on the look out for a fast buck have already begun flogging their Ballmer-signed copies over at eBay.

It's not clear whether party hosters will have to pay for the signed pack. They will of course want to keep the shrinkwrap on to maintain its pristine collectable status - meaning they'll have to buy a standard copy, if they actually want to run the software.

This could lead one to accuse Microsoft of a cynical effort to drive up sales of their new OS - if it wasn't already clear the strategy paid zero dividends with Vista.

Source: MS plasters Ballmer's signature on Windows 7 special edition • Channel Register
vijayninel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-09   #2
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
Alls well that ends in hell

montylee is highly Admirablemontylee is highly Admirablemontylee is highly Admirablemontylee is highly Admirablemontylee is highly Admirablemontylee is highly Admirablemontylee is highly Admirable
Re: Windows 7 Steve Ballmer Signature Edition

i am disappointed by the box cover, it should have ballmer's photo

montylee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-09   #3
teh zeuS!
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
FUUUUU !

Stuge is extemely Distinguished
Stuge is extemely DistinguishedStuge is extemely DistinguishedStuge is extemely DistinguishedStuge is extemely DistinguishedStuge is extemely DistinguishedStuge is extemely DistinguishedStuge is extemely DistinguishedStuge is extemely Distinguished

host a party to get this
Stuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-09   #4
teh spamm[E]R!
-

Rig Gallery

Free Radical is extemely Distinguished
Free Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely Distinguished

I am sure I know someone who'd like this more now

I don't want to be human! I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear x-rays, and I wanna, I wanna smell dark matter!
Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can't even express these things properly, because I have to, I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting, spoken language. But I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me!
I'm a machine, and I could know much more, I could experience so much more, but I'm trapped in this absurd body!
And why?! Because my...creators thought that "God" wanted it that way.
Free Radical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-09   #5
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.

Rig Gallery

stonedsurd is extremely Renowned
stonedsurd is extremely Renownedstonedsurd is extremely Renownedstonedsurd is extremely Renowned

Vijjiiiiii!
stonedsurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-09   #6
teh spamm[E]R!
-

Rig Gallery

Free Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely Distinguished

you sure got that right
Old 07-10-09   #7
Unelected
Administrator
Meum pactum dictum

Rig Gallery

vijayninel is extremely Eminent
vijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminent

Originally Posted by Free Radical View Post
you sure got that right
Oh yeah you got that right. I wouldn't mind getting a free copy of Windows 7.
vijayninel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-09   #8
teh spamm[E]R!
-

Rig Gallery

you won't mind getting a date with baldy either
Post New Thread  Reply