Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.
Loading

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Lounge > Interesting News on the Web
Register Forgot Password?

 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-05-15   #1
teh zeuS!
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
I'M bACK
 
 
The Knight's Avatar

Icon7 Why Windows 10 is the 'last' Version of Windows


Microsoft just said in plain English what it's been talking about for months: Windows 10 will be the last major launch for the Windows platform.
Speaking at Microsoft Ignite, the company's multi-day event for connecting with the IT crowd, Jerry Nixon, one of the company's developer evangelists, broke the news.
"Right now we’re releasing Windows 10, and because Windows 10 is the last version of Windows, we’re all still working on Windows 10," he said.


OMG! WTF?
Microsoft is calling it quits on Windows? Um, no. But the real meaning is almost as momentous: Windows 10 represents a shift in the way the company thinks about Windows. As several Microsoft executives have said — and inferring from all the updates to the current Windows 10 beta program — it's shifting the software to a "Windows as a service" model, as opposed to a piece of software you buy and more or less leave alone until the next model.
All this started at a moment during one of CEO Satya Nadella's early earnings calls, when he talked (a bit confusingly) about his vision for "one Windows" running across all devices. That vision came into much sharper focus when Microsoft officially unveiled Windows 10 in the fall, where the company announced a new kind of public beta program for testing the software, with direct feedback from users as well as regular updates.
Then, in the new year, Microsoft presented its Windows vision to consumers; clearly, it meant what it said about Windows 10 on all kinds of devices when it unveiled the exciting HoloLens wearable. And last week, amid the launch the latest Windows 10 beta during the Build developer conference, the company stated the software would get many feature updates even after its launched.
Now it's clear those updates will be perpetual. Windows will be, going forward, more akin to Google Chrome, which was one of the first big consumer-facing examples of software as a service, in the modern sense. For Chrome users, updates typically happen in the background and features are added or get turned on as they roll out.
Updates can even include big changes that are invisible to users. Chrome replaced its entire browser engine (from the open-source WebKit to its homegrown Blink) a couple of years back, but users didn't even notice. To them, it's still just Chrome, not Chrome 42, which is technically the current version number.
At its recent events, Microsoft has pledged Windows 10 will arrive in the summer. However, when asked about an official "release to manufacturing" RTM launch — the point in the release cycle when Microsoft sends the software to PC manufacturers — Microsoft Corporate Vice President Joe Belfiore essentially said it wouldn't be as big a deal this time around.
That's because

Windows 10 won't ship with every promised feature at launch; many will be "lit up" at a later date.
Windows 10 won't ship with every promised feature at launch; many will be "lit up" at a later date. For example, extensions in Edge, the new browser, won't arrive until a little while after launch. While these kind of feature updates are the norm in the app realm, for Windows, it's a big change from previous generations. Yes, the OS gets patches and bug fixes all the time, but feature upgrades are handled differently. With Windows 8, there were really only two major upgrades (Windows 8.1 and the Windows 8.1 Update), and the original release was back in 2012.
Switching to the Windows-as-a-service model is a significant change to Microsoft's business model, even more so because Windows 10 will be a free upgrade to anyone running Windows 7 or later. Traditionally, Microsoft has charged a nominal upgrade fee for existing Windows users, but now the model appears to be, "You buy once, you're in forever."
With that membership, you'll get keep getting upgrades as long as your hardware supports them. This is just like Chrome, your apps, and other operating systems like iOS operate. There will still be launch events for certain feature packs (and you can be sure the term "beta" will become more common on Windows features), but it'll all still be Windows 10. I suspect the version number will eventually fade to the background, and it'll just be referred to, colloquially, as "Windows."
In other words, Windows, as a service, will never go to 11.


Why Windows 10 is the 'last' version of Windows
ManISinJpr and vasim92 like this.
The Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-15   #2
Patient_Zero
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
Zombie Enthusiast
 
 
realandR3cys's Avatar

 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Kolkata, WB
Posts: 2,311
realandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly Admirable
Re: Why Windows 10 is the 'last' Version of Windows

Clearly Windows is embracing the Mac OS X naming convention. And I really like how this is going.

Even Apple stopped charging for their OS updates with Mavericks, seeing W8.1 free updates churning out by MS. This would really help people keep on the same version of Windows.
ManISinJpr likes this.
realandR3cys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-15   #3
teh priesT!
[E]onian
[E]ddicted !
 
 
mohitgamer's Avatar

 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 915
mohitgamer is highly Reputablemohitgamer is highly Reputablemohitgamer is highly Reputable
Re: Why Windows 10 is the 'last' Version of Windows

Sounds an Interesting piece of News....

But what if the next replacement of MS CEO doesn't think the same way as Mr. Nadella ?
__________________
mohitgamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-15   #4
teh smartie pantS!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.
 
 
Sonu's Avatar

 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 306
Sonu is very Notable
Re: Why Windows 10 is the 'last' Version of Windows

Yes this is the last version coz this is the FINAL push for Metro UI.

If still it doesn't take market share...

MS will start offering a free barebones OS with monthly instead of weekly Tuesday updates.

And ask people to Pay for features eg. Office, Media, Content Creation etc.

Nadella's push is to turn MS into a cloud & services company so this is pretty much his final ultimatum to the whole Windows team deliver a product which people want to use or its done.

Still with a good Windows Insider program & what not this will most probably fail & will take at best 10-15% market share with 75% still on Windows 7 & barebones Windows ala Linux will be born.
Sonu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-15   #5
Patient_Zero
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
Zombie Enthusiast
 
 
realandR3cys's Avatar

 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Kolkata, WB
Posts: 2,311
realandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly Admirable
Re: Why Windows 10 is the 'last' Version of Windows

Originally Posted by Sonu View Post
Still with a good Windows Insider program & what not this will most probably fail & will take at best 10-15% market share with 75% still on Windows 7 & barebones Windows ala Linux will be born.
You really don't know what you're talking about, do you?

If you've been following MS at GDC, you'd know how much optimization has gone into this OS. For starters, games can now strictly reserve and control CPU cores and what work is done on them. Thus more fliudity in gaming.

Then you have the VRAM optimization, where each app can reserve it's own VRAM partition, and can even take VRAM from those other "non essential" apps and suspend them.

And also now, app lifecycle and state now all managed by the OS itself. Kinda like OS X Mavericks, and thus much better memory optimization.

And I really don't have to explain about Cortana, DX12 potential, HoloLens, Universal Apps, App porting, etc etc. The improvements that MS have done in this iteration is JUST LEGENDARY.

Tell me one good reason why you shouldn't upgrade to W10?

It's easy to hate onto a product, when you know so less about it.
realandR3cys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-15   #6
teh priesT!
[E]onian
lost in boredom.....
 
 
dash2009's Avatar

 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Delhi
Posts: 864
dash2009 is highly Reputabledash2009 is highly Reputabledash2009 is highly Reputable
Re: Why Windows 10 is the 'last' Version of Windows

@realandR3cys +1 man, you nailed it.
dash2009 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-15   #7
teh smartie pantS!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.
 
 
Sonu's Avatar

 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 306
Sonu is very Notable
Re: Why Windows 10 is the 'last' Version of Windows

What are you going on about?

When did I say don't upgrade to Win 10? I was giving a general consensus based on the market share currently Win 8/8.1 have

Of course I know Win 10 is better so do you..but the general public still dislikes that tile interface & it would be hard to make them switch from Win 7. That is the key for MS to make people switch hence they'll practically give away Win 10 for free.

General public doesn't care about VRAM or other hooplah which you mentioned if they did Win 8.1 would already have surpassed Win 7 market share.

Think you've forgotten when Vista & Crysis came out & it had DX10 & people didn't wanna switch just for DX10 so there were patches/hacks in XP to give DX10 quality within the game.

You give your history & Geography lesson thinking I'm using Win 7 & don't wanna switch? lol
Sonu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-15   #8
Patient_Zero
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
Zombie Enthusiast
 
 
realandR3cys's Avatar

 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Kolkata, WB
Posts: 2,311
realandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly Admirable
Originally Posted by Sonu View Post
What are you going on about?
Nah. Just the negative vibe without any decent knowledge of the OS made me chuckle a bit.

but the general public still dislikes that tile interface & it would be hard to make them switch from Win 7.
Seriously, have you even looked up what W10 start menu looks like? Jeez.
Lemme give you a hint : MS has brought back the start menu (not "Start button", mind you) from W7 into W10, just with some added enhancement tidbits here and there.

General public doesn't care about VRAM or other hooplah which you mentioned if they did Win 8.1 would already have surpassed Win 7 market share.
I had given so many list of features in my earlier post that will be more prominent for the "general public" , and you can only pick up just the VRAM optimization feature. Come on, I expected better.

Think you've forgotten when Vista & Crysis came out & it had DX10 & people didn't wanna switch just for DX10 so there were patches/hacks in XP to give DX10 quality within the game.
Dude this is 2.0.1.5. Even our "Grand dad Symbian" would agree with that.
And seriously, you are comparing the potential of W10 to Vista? Okay man, I give up.
realandR3cys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-15   #9
teh smartie pantS!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.
 
 
Sonu's Avatar

 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 306
Sonu is very Notable
Re: Why Windows 10 is the 'last' Version of Windows

Originally Posted by realandR3cys View Post
Nah. Just the negative vibe without any decent knowledge of the OS made me chuckle a bit.



Seriously, have you even looked up what W10 start menu looks like? Jeez.
Lemme give you a hint : MS has brought back the start menu (not "Start button", mind you) from W7 into W10, just with some added enhancement tidbits here and there.



I had given so many list of features in my earlier post that will be more prominent for the "general public" , and you can only pick up just the VRAM optimization feature. Come on, I expected better.



Dude this is 2.0.1.5. Even our "Grand dad Symbian" would agree with that.
And seriously, you are comparing the potential of W10 to Vista? Okay man, I give up.
Blind as a bat.

You keep assuming that I haven't used Win 10, hate Win8/8.1/10 & don't know the feature list.

Let me clarify..

I'm not talking about features, or the work MS put into this OS.

I'm talking about market share.

The way you're going on about things seems like you live in a parallel world where Win 8/Win 10 have already surpassed XP/Win 7 market share.

I'll take it 1 by 1

Start Menu Win 10 -

Yes MS brought it back & its a good move. Where am I denying it? You keep assuming things from God knows where?
You talk as if you speak for a million people. We will see what millions of people think after 2 years of Win 10 launch by then it should easily have 45% market share since its the greatest thing MS ever created according to you & I'll gladly shake your hand & myself be happy coz Win 10 did well.

Features -

lol..I don't even know why your post is relevant on this..I'm not even talking about features?

I ONLY gave example of Vista & XP for market share purposes back then. I'm not comparing Win 10 to Vista. Once again I don't know how your brain works you keep assuming things..

People have a hard time accepting change & are clearly willing to sacrifice features by using patches to stick to their old OS. This was the reason for my Vista-XP example.

As per your thinking people should've jumped ship to Win 8/8.1 coz DirectX 11, IE12 were supposed to be Win 8/8.1 only.

Then what happened? MS backtracked & released it for Win 7.

They did this coz of 7's "Market Share" or maybe you have some other weird analogy to explain this fact?

Same thing goes for XP updates they tried killing updates for it 3 times...all 3 times they backtracked but finally stopped offering updates. Still that OS commands more share than 8/8.1. Does that make it better than 8/8.1 feature wise of course not but you get what I'm trying to say? These people still don't switch to the latest & greatest coz again these folk don't care about your added "features"


Last thing -

I already have Win 10 & signed up for the insider program since the first preview on my secondary machine.

Coming from Win8/8.1 according to my views its a definite improvement & step in the right direction from 8/8.1.

But I still feel it lacks simplicity & is too cluttered for the majority of people who never upgraded to Win8/8.1 & are stuck on Win 7.

Of course I maybe wrong in assuming this time will tell

I feel they need to offer a barebones SKU for the enthusiast/enterprise segment without any Metro UI or any preloaded apps or the ability to remove these features completely just like how one can disable/remove Internet Explorer. They can charge extra for this SKU. This is just my opinion on what they should offer they don't have to do it & you don't have to agree with it. Right now they're gonna preload Win 10 with Candy Crush saga too according to rumors this just points that they're trying too hard to push something down peoples throats.

Again don't think I hate Win 10 for this. I'll be the first to switch from 8/8.1 to Win 10 & ofc Candy Crush saga will be removable lol

I'm just generalizing my views based on market share & of course I don't speak for a million people either. Its just my opinion.

Coming to you "giving up"...

The way I see it I based my views on market share of Win8/8.1 this is why Win 10 will have a hard time succeeding & You base your views on features & more features = success in adoption.

All fine. I respect your opinion. You have every right to state your opinion.

You started with your lessons when I gave my opinion based on market share of 7 when clearly you didn't have a clue of what I was referring too & maybe you still don't :/
Sonu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-15   #10
Patient_Zero
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
Zombie Enthusiast
 
 
realandR3cys's Avatar

 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Kolkata, WB
Posts: 2,311
realandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly Admirable
Originally Posted by Sonu View Post
Blind as a bat.
That's a common misconception tho. No specie of Bat is blind. And Megabats have excellent vision as good or even better than humans. Pardon me for the OT. You asked for it.

And I don't know what you're smoking.
First you say this :
the general public still dislikes that tile interface & it would be hard to make them switch from Win 7.
And then this :
Start Menu Win 10 -

Yes MS brought it back & its a good move. Where am I denying it? You keep assuming things from God knows where?
How would the "general public" even "dislike" it when it has been already changed? The main reason for people to not move to W8/W8.1 was because of the so called "tiles" styled Start menu.

Even after MS changed that with W10, but you still kept on blabbering on the same and tell me I'm assuming things on my own. You like twisting words, I know.

I ONLY gave example of Vista & XP for market share purposes back then. I'm not comparing Win 10 to Vista. Once again I don't know how your brain works you keep assuming things..

People have a hard time accepting change & are clearly willing to sacrifice features by using patches to stick to their old OS. This was the reason for my Vista-XP example.
There were a million reasons why people didn't move to Windows Vista, one of them primarily being high system requirements at that time compared to XP. "Changes" is just ONE of them, not THE ONE of them.

You say people have "hard time" accepting changes, and yet they accepted W7 over XP - W7 was nothing more than a baked, sprinkled sugar version of Vista.

As per your thinking people should've jumped ship to Win 8/8.1 coz DirectX 11, IE12 were supposed to be Win 8/8.1 only.
Please I seriously need you to explain this.
Wait, DX11 was a W8/8.1 feature?
Damn, I thought my earlier W7 had DX11 since 2009, 3 yrs before even W8 released. I was wrong maybe.

These people still don't switch to the latest & greatest coz again these folk don't care about your added "features"
People still using XP to this day are not because of "don't care" attitude, but primarily cause software support constraints they work upon mainly at their workplaces. Even i use XP from time to time cause some of our proprietary college softwares never work on successory Windows releases.
I have seen this problem numerous times, with the people I've worked with, and even on this forums who asks for rig suggestions.

I already have Win 10 & signed up for the insider program since the first preview on my secondary machine.
That's some little positivity afterall.

The way I see it I based my views on market share of Win8/8.1 this is why Win 10 will have a hard time succeeding & You base your views on features & more features = success in adoption.
You know what? I was reading an user article today morning about how that guy has installed W10 Preview on the new Macbook that comes with Yosemite, and guess what? W10 performs more fluidly and more faster on that Apple machine than Apple's own OS.

That's how LEGENDARY MS has built W10, and I'm delightful that i was not wrong.
realandR3cys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-15   #11
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.
 
 
rdst_1's Avatar

 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 299
rdst_1 is highly Reputablerdst_1 is highly Reputablerdst_1 is highly Reputablerdst_1 is highly Reputable
Re: Why Windows 10 is the 'last' Version of Windows

I have to somewhat agree with Sonu. Now this is just a personal opinion so don't go biting off my head.
There was a time when I was installing and tinkering with new OS every other weekend. Not anymore though.
I don't have the enthusiasm anymore to learn about new features etc. and that's why I have stuck with Win 7 as the OS for my laptop. Add to that, the better driver support Win 7 has for my usage and you won't see me moving on even if Microsoft were paying me to install Win 10.
And the no of users like me far outnumber users who really care about what a new upgrade offers, which is currently clear from the market share Win XP holds even today.
For portable devices, the story is completely different. Everyone kinda wants to be on the latest firmware and this is where Win 10 could be a big win for MS with all the new features making a real difference.
Sonu likes this.
rdst_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-15   #12
teh smartie pantS!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.
 
 
Sonu's Avatar

 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 306
Sonu is very Notable
Re: Why Windows 10 is the 'last' Version of Windows

Originally Posted by realandR3cys View Post
How would the "general public" even "dislike" it when it has been already changed? The main reason for people to not move to W8/W8.1 was because of the so called "tiles" styled Start menu. Even after MS changed that with W10, but you still kept on blabbering on the same and tell me I'm assuming things on my own. You like twisting words, I know.
Oh yeah I like "twisting words" Its my forte & my gift not my fault if you can't cope with it?

Coming to the argument -

You're contradicting yourself..

W10 doesn't eliminate the Start Screen of Win 8/8.1 people who want it can still have it. Its just more compact now by default in a so called "Start Menu"

Honestly what point did you make with that argument? Like I said you have no clue what you are going on about.

Originally Posted by realandR3cys View Post
And I don't know what you're smoking. First you say this : the general public still dislikes that tile interface & it would be hard to make them switch from Win 7.
Again your answer did not make any sense & you contradicted yourself.

General Public hates Win 8/8.1 this is a FACT proved via Market Share. And "to me" Win 10 feels pretty much the same. Yes I said it.

So what? Its my opinion.

If you have no respect for others opinion by stating -

Originally Posted by realandR3cys View Post
The main reason for people to not move to W8/W8.1 was because of the so called "tiles" styled Start menu.
So according to you if you find Win 10MUCH different to Win 8/8.1 EVERYONE else also should think the same & their arguments are automatically invalidated?

Like I said above Win 10 DOES NOT eliminate the Start Screen its still an option & its more compact now by default in the Start Menu.

My point & opinion was for MS to deliver a OS or a SKU which allows the end user maximum customization by completely turning this off.

But you're continuing your argument coz YOU like the look & feel of it so EVERYONE else should feel the same way

What a load of croc..

Maybe you don't even read twice what you say or are dyslexic?

Coming back to Vista - XP

Again the height of your MS fanboysim has no bounds I referred to market share.

Requirements & everything went out of the window.

Why people did not upgrade to Vista or why they hated it is not even needed..I talked about Market Share of these OS's & gave 1 example as to why people didn't run to Vista for DX10 & somehow you took it upon yourself to come up with why Vista failed & its high requirements

Yes I know W7 is a polished Vista you don't need to teach me kind SIr.

You had DX11 on Win 7 since 2009? Nice & great

What about IE12? Did you gave any reason for that? Who twisted what now?

I'll go on to say MS will release their Edge aka Spartan browser which is supposed to be Win 10 only on Win 7 as well.

Again my opinion. You don't have to agree.

Originally Posted by realandR3cys View Post
People still using XP to this day are not because of "don't care" attitude, but primarily cause software support constraints they work upon mainly at their workplaces. Even i use XP from time to time cause some of our proprietary college softwares never work on successory Windows releases. I have seen this problem numerous times, with the people I've worked with, and even on this forums who asks for rig suggestions.
Here you are the savior of the world. Maybe if MS being a BIG giant corporation that they are worked with these colleges & business to help them upgrade they wouldn't be in this dreadful position of supporting old OS's. Just a tip maybe join MS or let them know what to do to make people switch Genius. You already seem to drink their kool-aid you should have no problem convincing them.

Fact is MS has already tried to make businesses switch but they have miserably failed coz most businesses don't want any part of it coz of added costs & their dislike for a hybrid style (Tablet+Desktop) OS. You can see this again in "Market Share"

Now maybe you'll carry on another argument by saying how Win 8/8.1/10 don't look at all like a HYBRID OS but are a desktop OS & will contradict yourself again when you see one running on a touchscreen device aka tablet lol

Originally Posted by realandR3cys View Post
That's how LEGENDARY MS has built W10, and I'm delightful that i was not wrong.
Again an invalidated argument & just showing how much MS koolaid you drink..Who is talking about Macs here? No one except you. I'm talking about Market Share & estimated Market Share.

MS can create a product which will take people to the moon or cure world hunger. Key word here is "Market Share"

Honestly if they delivered a product which took people to moon or cured world hunger they would get Market Share lol

Know what?

I say Win 10 will be no good than Win 8/8.1

You say Win 10 is the best thing MS ever created.

Ok. I respect your opinion as I mentioned.

You clearly don't respect mine for the arrogance that you have & the MS fanboi that you are coming up with indirect insults (I said my fair share of mine as well but only when I was instigated).

Still all fine by me. No problem at all.

We will speak here after 2-3 years same thread & see the Market share of Win 10 compared to 7 & XP.

If Win 10 even surpasses 1 of these OS's I'll happily salute you.

But if I'm right & this thing tanks what are you willing to do? Eat your History book? lol

---------- Post added at 08:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 PM ----------

Originally Posted by rdst_1 View Post
I have to somewhat agree with Sonu. Now this is just a personal opinion so don't go biting off my head.
There was a time when I was installing and tinkering with new OS every other weekend. Not anymore though.
I don't have the enthusiasm anymore to learn about new features etc. and that's why I have stuck with Win 7 as the OS for my laptop. Add to that, the better driver support Win 7 has for my usage and you won't see me moving on even if Microsoft were paying me to install Win 10.
And the no of users like me far outnumber users who really care about what a new upgrade offers, which is currently clear from the market share Win XP holds even today.
For portable devices, the story is completely different. Everyone kinda wants to be on the latest firmware and this is where Win 10 could be a big win for MS with all the new features making a real difference.
That was a great reply & I completely agree.

The direction of new devices being touchscreen centric Win 10 should have a smooth path to gain by leaps & bounds. Problem lies in its acceptance. This is where MS will have to deliver by working closely with OEM's.

From my personal opinion -

Tried installing Win 10 preview on 2 tablets.. Venue 8 Pro, Miix 2 8..failed miserably. No drivers whatsoever. Asking the vendors results in not supported now & not sure will be supported answers

If MS expects the end user to buy a new tablet to use their new OS you can count me out.

Right now if one installs iOS preview on even a gen 3 iPad you know it WILL work. Same just cannot be said for Windows tablets.

MS needs to work with OEM's more closely IMO.
Sonu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-15   #13
Patient_Zero
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
Zombie Enthusiast
 
 
realandR3cys's Avatar

 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Kolkata, WB
Posts: 2,311
realandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly Admirable
Re: Why Windows 10 is the 'last' Version of Windows

Again your answer did not make any sense & you contradicted yourself.

General Public hates Win 8/8.1 this is a FACT proved via Market Share. And "to me" Win 10 feels pretty much the same. Yes I said it.

So what? Its my opinion.
Okay, I'll post a timeline of your posts and my replies.

- "general public still dislikes that tile interface & it would be hard to make them switch from Win 7"
- "MS has brought back the start menu (not "Start button", mind you) from W7 into W10"
- "Yes MS brought it back & its a good move. Where am I denying it?"
- "General Public hates Win 8/8.1 this is a FACT proved via Market Share. And to me Win 10 feels pretty much the same. Yes I said it."

You're generalizing from start to finish, that if a person didn't liked 8 he'd not like 10.
See? No one's contradicting. It's your balant generalization that is running through all your posts and hindering your judgemental views.

You're contradicting yourself..

W10 doesn't eliminate the Start Screen of Win 8/8.1 people who want it can still have it. Its just more compact now by default in a so called "Start Menu"

Honestly what point did you make with that argument? Like I said you have no clue what you are going on about.
I never said MS eliminated the Start Screen. I said "changed". But you don't read.
People didn't wanted to move to 8/8.1 cause they disliked the Metro and no start button.
MS added the Start Button.
And then in W10 they added the W7 style Start menu.

But still you kept blabbering about how still people would hate it, and it'd fail, and so forth, when MS made all the necessary changes the audience wanted. Jeez man.

So according to you if you find Win 10MUCH different to Win 8/8.1 EVERYONE else also should think the same & their arguments are automatically invalidated?
Indeed!
Just like according to you if people don't talk with the "keyword : Market Share" in their replies, their arguments are totally "irrelevant".
Fair enough?

Requirements & everything went out of the window.

Why people did not upgrade to Vista or why they hated it is not even needed..I talked about Market Share of these OS's & gave 1 example as to why people didn't run to Vista for DX10 & somehow you took it upon yourself to come up with why Vista failed & its high requirements
Okay, Market Share analyst, Do you even know how much optimization DX12 will bring over DX11 for the gaming industry before coming to the conclusion that it's "SAME OLD" as DX10 did over DX9?

Do you know how much productivity and innovation Holo Lens will bring to the PC market as well as games?

Do you know how much importance Universal Apps and App Porting will have on app structure and uniformness on the Windows platform?

Please go look up first.

What about IE12? Did you gave any reason for that? Who twisted what now?
IE12 got twisted in itself and died. Does anyone even look upto that thing?

Here you are the savior of the world. Maybe if MS being a BIG giant corporation that they are worked with these colleges & business to help them upgrade they wouldn't be in this dreadful position of supporting old OS's. Just a tip maybe join MS or let them know what to do to make people switch Genius. You already seem to drink their kool-aid you should have no problem convincing them.
Don't push it.
You come here without any definite intention but just to spew your useless "market share" for an OS which hasn't even gone off its Beta stage.
And somebody who is senseful enough to let you think why this OS could become successful, you call that guy a "fanboy".

From start to finish, you haven't even provided a single reason why it'll fail, and kept cling to your as usual BS "market share" tactics.
You even gone on saying how DX11 was a 8/8.1 feature! And that just sums up your argument.

You clearly don't respect mine for the arrogance that you have & the MS fanboi that you are coming up with indirect insults (I said my fair share of mine as well but only when I was instigated).
You lost my respect from the time you started name calling, and you clearly deserve none of it.
See, This is the prime reason why I don't argue. Calling me "blind as bat" (which is scientifically wrong) and now "dyslexic". Soon as they start loosing their argument, they start name calling. I'm off.

And yes, consider this as a warning.
realandR3cys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-15   #14
My Eyes are on You Seller
Community Moderator
I havent set my status yet.
 
 
johnjoyjoe's Avatar

 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Goa
Posts: 1,506
johnjoyjoe is highly Reputablejohnjoyjoe is highly Reputablejohnjoyjoe is highly Reputablejohnjoyjoe is highly Reputable
Re: Why Windows 10 is the 'last' Version of Windows

Now guys stop!!! this is going nowhere now...

I myself confused aa who is right.
But realand I get your point.

I did not understand sonus some paragraphs in some post though.
As what was he trying to say.

Well about name calling I don't like it at all. I hate it...
Moreover bats have very sharp eyes... as sharp as that they could see in dark.

Market share us something that you can't decide at this moment. Because I personally believe that this windows version would be great for everyone. It's too early to decide on market share.
Anyways end it here and move on to the real topic
realandR3cys likes this.
johnjoyjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-15   #15
teh smartie pantS!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.
 
 
Sonu's Avatar

 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 306
Sonu is very Notable
Re: Why Windows 10 is the 'last' Version of Windows

Right

From what I see..
I stated my opinion on why Win 10 wasn't much different to Win 8/8.1 & it'll be no good in market share just like Win 8/8.1 is until MS offered a SKU which gives the end user an option to get rid/turn off the modern UI.

Then certain someone comes along thinking I'm way in over my head, have never used either 8/8.1 or 10, have a hatred towards MS & their OS & tries to make me see the light by proclaiming the nifty new features & the hard work the 'legendary' & 'great' MS put into this OS & its development.

Then I say of course I know this & try to prove with 'examples' of previous MS mishaps thinking this said someone will understand my point on 'Market Share'.

Of course I wouldn't stoop to a level as low as calling a company 'legendary' & 'great' just coz I like their product. That too for a Operating System. If we were talking about car manufacturers maybe I would've said this

Coming back..

This said someone first says they 'quit' but again continue to try & make arguments with invalid points based on my 'examples' & themselves give example of how nicely an unreleased Beta OS runs on current 'Macs' & then claim I'm twisting my words since somehow their ego is hurt coz they have a higher post count, have authority & mostly for the emotional connection they share with MS & lastly warn me with the ban hammer!

Some 'friendly pleasantries' were exchanged here & there no biggie..

If these were thought of as an 'insult' I'll be the first to apologize coz like I said it was a friendly jibe unlike this other person who claim I don't deserve ANY RESPECT this too coming from someone who is in authority & should set an example for others.

If 'blind as a bat' was taken as an insult why this said someone continued the reply 'how bats can see in dark & other blah blah' if they said this for sure they took it as a joke...

Then again I've been the bigger person & already apologized if they were taken as insults

I clearly don't have any Fact right now to prove Win10's market share or usage coz its not yet launched. For now its just my word against theirs so I don't see any point in continuing to talk or argue about anything.

Know the saying right "Don't argue _____ they'll bring you down to their level..."

My next post here will be after a while Win 10 has launched.

Like I've said if it tanks I saw it coming If its a success still all good.

Last edited by Sonu; 18-05-15 at 04:21 PM.
Sonu is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread  Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Spam Nostalgia: Upgrading Through Every Version of Windows SumitB Everything Under the Sun 6 03-03-11 11:10 PM
which version of windows 7 beta to get? ibz Operating Systems 6 01-03-09 10:20 AM
Set a video as a wallpaper in any version of Windows! :) arithhuh Operating Systems 20 17-12-07 12:01 PM
Windows Beta Team Readies Feedback for Next Version of Windows Dark Star Interesting News on the Web 2 11-07-07 01:27 PM


Tags
version, windows
All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 08:51 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.