Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Electronics and Consumer Durables > Mobile Phones
Register Forgot Password?

Old 27-03-12   #16
Lead Lead
Administrator
12 years a admin!

Rig Gallery
idea Re: Why the Single Core Di?

Originally Posted by mav2000 View Post
Kido, I tried a hands on with both the Nokia WM7 phones and let me tell you I was pleasently surprised with the smooth factor. I am sure there are issues with the phone which one can find out after a day or two of usage, but my initial reaction was "WOW". I didnt expect this from Nokia and MS, but I am extremely gung ho about the platform as of now. Hopefully they can pull the app store in the right direction, which looking at MS's might may not be very difficult.

If I didnt have a shit load of paid apps on my Iphone, I would have bought the 800 just to try it out. And it is currently way better than the earlier versions of Android. I used uptil 2.1 and was disappointed with my phone and the software. My main issue being lack of support from the manufacturer (Motorola) and it just did not work as I wanted it to out of the box. The WM7 and Iphone did that for me.
I agree with the initial perception. Infact, I got the Lumia 710 for my sister based on that as well.
ManISinJpr likes this.

KiD0M4N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-12   #17
teh smartie pantS!
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
Tinkering...

shantanugoel is highly Admirableshantanugoel is highly Admirableshantanugoel is highly Admirableshantanugoel is highly Admirableshantanugoel is highly Admirable
Re: Why the Single Core Di?

Originally Posted by baba doga View Post
thanks.
pl. elaborate on point 2. is it a skill issue or something around licensing?

the goal is to run say, 10 services . 3-4 monitor a whole lot of signals (could go upto 50 per second) being broadcasted on two networks ( not lan/wifi). the rest do specific tasks.

not much number crunching involved. just a lot of real time monitoring. and the power consumption needs to be as low as possible.
Licensing. If WP7 "could" run on ARM v6, you would still need to license it from MSFT at a cost which would defeat your purpose of a low cost system. (Edit: And you'd also need to convince MSFT to let you use WP for the purpose in the first place and help you by providing relevant binaries)

Also, the type of work that you describe would be more suited for a linux distro than WP or even Android.

Last edited by shantanugoel; 27-03-12 at 04:55 PM.
shantanugoel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-12   #18
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian
trolling around

baba doga is Notable

c++ is unavoidable
baba doga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-12   #19
teh smartie pantS!
Tinkering...

shantanugoel is highly Admirableshantanugoel is highly Admirableshantanugoel is highly Admirableshantanugoel is highly Admirableshantanugoel is highly Admirable

c++ is unavoidable
Why? You could work in C or for that matter any other language as long as you use linux.
Old 27-03-12   #20
Lead Lead
Administrator
12 years a admin!

Rig Gallery

KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!
KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!

c++ is unavoidable
This is always there: .NET Micro Framework - Home

You can buy cheap development boards with tonnes of RAM capabilities for this as well.
Old 27-03-12   #21
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian
trolling around

baba doga is Notable

those boards cost $35 and run on usb 700mA? if yes, please share links

oh , and they must have USART!
Old 27-03-12   #22
Lead Lead
Administrator
12 years a admin!

Rig Gallery

KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!
KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!

those boards cost $35 and run on usb 700mA? if yes, please share links

oh , and they must have USART!
There you go: Turnkey Hardware

A whole range of boards are available.

Catalog - GHI Electronics

ManISinJpr likes this.
Old 27-03-12   #23
iEvangelist
GET PEBBLE.

Rig Gallery

Ad1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply Great

People may argue that Microsoft optimises it's OS for the S2 Chips.

But I've seen my friends HD7, and I definitely notice it's choppiness. Don't like it very much. It needs moar power.
Misc : Playstation 3, Xbox 360, iPhone 5, Nexus 4, iPad (3rd gen) 32GB.
Ad1tya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-12   #24
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian
trolling around

baba doga is Notable

Originally Posted by KiD0M4N View Post
There you go: Turnkey Hardware

A whole range of boards are available.

Catalog - GHI Electronics

staff lead unkil (uncle ) , y yu no check? i can haz a whole grid of raspi's for the cost..
Old 27-03-12   #25
teh smartie pantS!
Tinkering...

staff lead unkil (uncle ) , y yu no check? i can haz a whole grid of raspi's for the cost..
yeah, a raspberry is a an awesome device at that price point. It might just blow out arduino as well as the king of the hobbyist boards
Post New Thread  Reply