Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Gaming Zone > x Gaming
Register Forgot Password?

Old 26-12-11   #1
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
what would gods do when they a

Where Iis Half Life!

I want to know what is happening with Half Life game! anyone has any idea!

I am sorry if this has been discussed here before. my intenet at office blocks most of the websites so I can not google.
chicha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-11   #2
Lead Lead
Administrator
12 years a admin!

Rig Gallery

KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!
KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!
Re: Where Iis Half Life!

Even I am eagerly waiting for Episode 3 or Half Life 3.

Since VALVe's policy is 'It's done when it is done', I guess we will only see it once they feel comfortable with the quality of the game.

KiD0M4N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-11   #3
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian

chicha is Mysterious

I hope they make it BIG. I am tired of buying games and they turning out to be really small single player game play
Old 29-12-11   #4
teh geeK!
[E]onian
Time has come to show

ronnie_gogs is simply Greatronnie_gogs is simply Greatronnie_gogs is simply Greatronnie_gogs is simply Greatronnie_gogs is simply Greatronnie_gogs is simply Greatronnie_gogs is simply Greatronnie_gogs is simply Greatronnie_gogs is simply Greatronnie_gogs is simply Great

Originally Posted by chicha View Post
I hope they make it BIG. I am tired of buying games and they turning out to be really small single player game play
Try the rpg games like Skyrim or Fallout and you would get super long gameplay

But I am also waiting for HL EP 3
Old 29-12-11   #5
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian

chicha is Mysterious

I tried fallout, I just did not like the game at all. I don't know why it just did not appeal to me. I then tried Oblivion in about 40 Mins I told myself NEVER to play games like those. I am very impatient and I need to run-n-gun, or to tactical shoot with a team. .

By the way I heard the last time that HL EP3 will be the concluding game in the Half Life. I sure don't want it to end.
Old 29-12-11   #6
dattebayo!
Community Moderator
Kaizoku Ou Ni Ore Wa Naru

Rig Gallery

Prash is highly FamedPrash is highly FamedPrash is highly FamedPrash is highly FamedPrash is highly FamedPrash is highly FamedPrash is highly FamedPrash is highly Famed

I want to know what is happening with Half Life game! anyone has any idea! I am sorry if this has been discussed here before. my intenet at office blocks most of the websites so I can not google.
HL2 had me hooked up till the end, though I havent played the Ep 1 & 2. Thanks to you, now I remembered about the series and want to relive that moment, so have to play them before the next one is out.

Originally Posted by ronnie_gogs View Post
Try the rpg games like Skyrim or Fallout and you would get super long gameplay. But I am also waiting for HL EP 3
OT: Skyrim or even Oblivion. It ate up almost a year of my engineering degree. So proceed with caution (IMO everyone should seriously try the Oblivion/Skyrim experience or the likes, atleast once in their lives - while keeping in mind that they must also maintain a good life outside in the real world).

Guide to write an Article at [E]
(And win prizes !)

"Well done is better than well said"

Last edited by Prash; 29-12-11 at 12:43 PM.
Prash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-11   #7
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian

chicha is Mysterious

hahahaha. I really think Skyrim will take all the time I have. I will try again. This time I will try Skyrim.
Old 29-12-11   #8
dattebayo!
Community Moderator

Rig Gallery

Prash is highly FamedPrash is highly FamedPrash is highly FamedPrash is highly FamedPrash is highly FamedPrash is highly FamedPrash is highly FamedPrash is highly Famed

I tried fallout, I just did not like the game at all. I don't know why it just did not appeal to me. I then tried Oblivion in about 40 Mins I told myself NEVER to play games like those. I am very impatient and I need to run-n-gun, or to tactical shoot with a team. . By the way I heard the last time that HL EP3 will be the concluding game in the Half Life. I sure don't want it to end.
Ohboi, I dont think you have given it a serious try. The first time I played Oblivion, I absolutely hated the game. But I just spent some more time with the game (about 4-5 hours) just exploring and understanding the game, and the game consumed me! I feel HL3 will be not very long, just like previous ones.

OT2: Btw, have you played any of the S.T.A.L.K.E.R games? another one of my favorites (though, just like Oblivion - I hated it initially later loved it after giving it few hours). But again, it's an RPG which generally seems slow.
Old 29-12-11   #9
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian

chicha is Mysterious

Ah thank god, I knew I played an open world game, which had guns and stuff, I forgot the name and it was killing me. Its STALKER. I HATED the game . Loathed it actually. Anyways you seem to have hated it and then liked it. So I will give it a shot again. can you tell me the BEST of the BEST looking open ended game! I want to play it at the highest settings possible. at least the eye candy should keep me interested in the game until the game play takes over
Old 29-12-11   #10
teh smartie pantS!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.

ksgehlot is highly Admirableksgehlot is highly Admirableksgehlot is highly Admirableksgehlot is highly Admirableksgehlot is highly Admirableksgehlot is highly Admirable

I have been hooked on this since 1997 . I took a good 3 months to finish the first game , as it was the first time I used a mouse to aim . Have all the episodes with me , just eagerly waiting for episode 3 . There was some announcement relating to CS2 , but valve is claiming that it will take a good 1-2 more years for it . So i am guessing that should be half - life 3 .

CPU : Intel Q9550 @ 2.83 GHz OC 3.4 GHz
CPU Cooler : Zalman CNPS9500A LED
Motherboard : eVGA 750i SLI FTW
RAM : 4 GB - 2GB x 2 OCZ Reaper 8500 1066
Video Card : eVGA GTX 285 Superclocked
Asus GTX 285 TOP IN SLI
Cabinet : Cooler Master CM690 Modded
Power Supply : Corsair HX 850

ksgehlot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-11   #11
dattebayo!
Community Moderator

Rig Gallery

Ah thank god, I knew I played an open world game, which had guns and stuff, I forgot the name and it was killing me. Its STALKER. I HATED the game . Loathed it actually. Anyways you seem to have hated it and then liked it. So I will give it a shot again. can you tell me the BEST of the BEST looking open ended game! I want to play it at the highest settings possible. at least the eye candy should keep me interested in the game until the game play takes over
Hehehe no one can answer this question right. You'd have to find out for yourself, by picking the better ones out there and choosing the one which you like the most. And the list is not so long. Some which come to my mind are,

• Oblivion - I've played it, great game. Definitely playable in highest settings provided the hardware is decent
  • Stalker series - I've played 3 of the games, and loved them all. Though many opine that the eye candy is not all that great, the game has the ability to bring even the best setups to a crawl!
  • Dragon age series - I havent played, but I've seen many who have rated it up there with the other biggies. Very playable in high settings I guess.
  • Witcher series - I have played and loved some of the things. If I rate Oblivion at 9, I might vote Witcher 8 out of 10. They are that close and its my personal opinion. The visuals are a bit different from the previously mentioned games here. They are beautiful, no doubt, but the entire game is setup in a murky, damp vintage-europian-ish environment. Some love it, some loath it. Easily playable at highest settings with good hardware setup.
  • Skyrim - well the reviews say it all, I havent played it though and dont plan on it because I can assume how addictive it might turn out to be. I have seen people describing the game a bit repetitive at times, but the same goes for Oblivion and even most other games. In an RPG, the way you take the game forward also matters in making/breaking the overall experience. That's why I love RPGs and RTS games.
  • I will probably add some more this weekend after some brain raking.

- Prash
Old 30-12-11   #12
teh smartie pantS!
[E]onian
I have no status

baccilus is highly Prominentbaccilus is highly Prominentbaccilus is highly Prominent

@Prash: You like Witcher 1 too? I played it for some time but found the fighting mechanics to be absolutely lame. Didn't play it any further once I realised the fighting in it will just suck.
Core i5 2500K|| Gigabyte GA-P67-DS3-B3|| 8GB DDRIII 1600 MHz RAM||CORSAIR GS600|| Zotac GTX560 Ti|| Samsung 2233sw|| Razor Abyssus mouse|| Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus CPU Cooler|| Clip Zip with Audio Fishcher DBA-02
Proud owner of a Kindle 3 WiFi
baccilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-11   #13
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.

Rig Gallery

Aragorn is extremely Renowned
Aragorn is extremely RenownedAragorn is extremely RenownedAragorn is extremely Renowned

how is anno 2070 ???
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-12   #14
dattebayo!
Community Moderator

Rig Gallery

Originally Posted by baccilus View Post
@Prash: You like Witcher 1 too? I played it for some time but found the fighting mechanics to be absolutely lame. Didn't play it any further once I realised the fighting in it will just suck.
Yup - but not because of the fighting mechanics. The fights are definitely lame, but it grew on me after I continued going through a good amount of the story, plus you get a few extra combo moves eventually and you can use magic which makes it less lame.

Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
how is anno 2070 ???
Haven't tried it yet, but looking at the reviews its pretty good I guess.
Post New Thread  Reply