Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Lounge > Everything Under the Sun
Register Forgot Password?

View Poll Results: When will the U.S Economy collapse?
2011 2 6.06%
2012 4 12.12%
Within the next 5 years 12 36.36%
Never 15 45.45%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 30-01-11   #1
Unelected
Administrator
Meum pactum dictum

Rig Gallery
When Will the U.S Economy Collapse? - Place Your Bet Here

Obama in 2012 - Change you can believe in

Ok, So I am quite sure that if things keep going the way they are (and Im quite sure they will) then the U.S economy will collapse in 2011-2012.

If you have any prediction to make about this then do put it in this thread.

Among my predictions:

1. The U.S economy will collapse and go into deep depression. Hyperinflation will set in the U.S economy.
2. Some of the European economies will go down with the U.S, Japan will do badly for a small period but then recover.
3. The U.S dollar will become completely worthless and lose its status as the worlds reserve currency.
4. The Chinese Yuan will become the worlds reserve currency along with gold.
5. China will become the new world superpower.
6. There wont be an iPhone 6/7 for Apple because they couldn't learn to operate outside the U.S.
7. The U.S becomes a third world country, we will see Americans driving taxis in other countries.

Do let us know of your thoughts/predictions.
Old 30-01-11   #2
Xeo
Th[E] Troll
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
Papa Donger

Xeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply Great
Re: When Will the U.S Economy Collapse? - Place Your Bet Here

Intel will start roadside hawking shops to sell of their "high" end processors to get money.
You can bargain.
GTX580 Twin Frozr II
Silent Pro M700
Tempest 410 Elite
Xeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-11   #3
iEvangelist
GET PEBBLE.

Rig Gallery

Ad1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply Great

Lol. Lame.
Misc : Playstation 3, Xbox 360, iPhone 5, Nexus 4, iPad (3rd gen) 32GB.
Ad1tya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-11   #4
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
and life GOES on !!!

monisjaved is Mysterious

considering the things they are doing and the actions they are taking it wont be long enough for the US economy to collapse maybe next 5 years but i would like to employ a US citizen to do my household chores that would be a nice revenge for the things they are doing now to indian students
monisjaved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-11   #5
Unelected
Administrator
Meum pactum dictum

Rig Gallery

vijayninel is extremely Eminent
vijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminent

Originally Posted by Xeo View Post
Intel will start roadside hawking shops to sell of their "high" end processors to get money.
You can bargain.
I think demand will fall in the U.S but demand (as U.S cant afford these) will pick up in other countries esp China, so Intel will still have good sales. But yes initially there should be big fall in the prices of things. Some of Intels big fab plants are in the U.S, so they should benefit from this.
vijayninel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-11   #6
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
and life GOES on !!!

monisjaved is Mysterious

Originally Posted by Xeo View Post
You can bargain.
lol it will be like lelo xeon lelo
sirf 100 rupaye
customer : bhaya kya baat kar rhe ho 70 ka dena hai toh do warna chodo
sirf 100 ka khula nhi
customer : acha chalo ek i7 2600K bi de do
monisjaved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-11   #7
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian

Scorpion is highly AdmirableScorpion is highly AdmirableScorpion is highly AdmirableScorpion is highly AdmirableScorpion is highly AdmirableScorpion is highly AdmirableScorpion is highly Admirable

^lol
Scorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-11   #8
avi
teh priesT!
[E]onian
The [E] Boy :P

avi is highly Admirableavi is highly Admirableavi is highly Admirableavi is highly Admirableavi is highly Admirable

ROFLCOPTER

I will buy 20 iPhone 4s [as there will be no next gen of it ]
avi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-11   #9
Xeo
Th[E] Troll
Papa Donger

Xeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply Great

@Scorpy: Hold off buying your Sandy rig till 2012, if all goes according to Agent's predictions your new CPU should come in at roughly Rs. 500.
Xeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-11   #10
Unelected
Administrator
Meum pactum dictum

Rig Gallery

vijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminent

Originally Posted by Ad1tya View Post
Lol. Lame.
Please vote/elaborate.
Old 30-01-11   #11
teh smartie pantS!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.

DigitalDude is highly AdmirableDigitalDude is highly AdmirableDigitalDude is highly AdmirableDigitalDude is highly AdmirableDigitalDude is highly Admirable

my opinion is that US economy will not collapse again atleast for the next 8 years.

first it is because they just have the goddamn size of a consumer economy. it is of prime interest for china to keep that economy intact. and they have the largest no of US bonds. so on oneside they will make sure of this until the more populated economies like India and China itself reaches that much of a spending power. secondly they are just creating money out of thin air man (the fed) the debts will get tremendous but no one seem to care so a collapse will sure take time.

and remember the quote "the best way to rob a bank is to own one" (esp in the US) and there are many robbers who are waiting for the next bubble.

_

|| तमसो मा ज्योतिर्गमय ||
DigitalDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-11   #12
Unelected
Administrator
Meum pactum dictum

Rig Gallery

Originally Posted by DigitalDude View Post
first it is because they just have the goddamn size of a consumer economy. it is of prime interest for china to keep that economy intact.
Yes they are the largest consumer economy but they cant afford it. They are buying everything in debt. How long can you keep buying in debt. It has to end somewhere. Right now China is producing everything for them while they sit and consume it. Consuming is nothing without production. China can keep its own products and consume it themselves.

they have the largest no of US bonds.
The U.S bonds will be completely worthless. That the U.S can never pay it back is 100% sure. What is left to see is how long they can pay the interest on it. Imo they will pay if back with completely worthless dollars.

secondly they are just creating money out of thin air man (the fed) the debts will get tremendous but no one seem to care so a collapse will sure take time.
Yes they are just printing money out of thin air (and not printing money but creating it like in quantitative easing) They are therefore exporting inflation now. The U.S banks are holding the money right now but when they start lending it out then hyperinflation will set in and the dollar will go into free fall.
Old 30-01-11   #13
teh spamm[E]R!
I havent set my status yet.

Rig Gallery

thebanik is extemely Distinguished
thebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguished

remember Indian economy is not anymore as resolute as it once was. And atleast US government is doing something to try to stall the inevitable but I bet Indian economy will collapse before US if it comes to that..........
Maximus V Gene (MSI Z77-GD65, Gigabyte P67A-UD7, EVGA Classified E760,MSI Eclipse,DFI DK P45 Plus, Foxconn Mars, Asus P5Ne-SLI, Asus P5B Deluxe/Wifi AP), Intel 3770k Benched @ 6.7Ghz, Intel 2600K Benched @ 5.7 Ghz, AMD 8150 Benched @ 7.45 Ghz, Intel 980X Benched @ 6.07Ghz, AMD 970BE Benched @ 6.63Ghz, (Intel i5 680 Benched @ 6.44Ghz, Intel i7 950 Benched @ 5150Mhz, Intel E8600 Benched @ 5.71Ghz, Intel QX9650 Benched @5.41Ghz, Intel Core2 Duo E8400@4.6Ghz, e4300 @ 3.52 Ghz), Thermalright Venomous X, GSkill 6400 2 x 1 GB @ 1260Mhz , HIS 7970 (MSI GTX 580, MSI GTX 480, EVGA GTX295, Asus 4870 x2, EVGA 9800GX2, Visiontek 3870 x2, XFX 8800GT, Nvidia 7900GTX, XFX 8600GT), DELL E248WFP Monitor, CoolerMaster Benchtable, Antec HCP 1200W, Altec Lansing 641 400 RMS Watts with Auzentech X-Plosion

SVGTECH HOC40 and HOC20 Review

Corsair Vengeance K90, M90 and M60 Review

Gigabyte P67 UD7 + Intel i7 2600k Preview

Strontium Ultra Speed 128GB SSD Review

Gigabyte GX-X58A-UD9 Review
thebanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-11   #14
teh priesT!
[E]onian
Psychologizing.

Godlike! is highly AdmirableGodlike! is highly AdmirableGodlike! is highly AdmirableGodlike! is highly AdmirableGodlike! is highly Admirable

This is a good way to please ourselves and have an evil grin for a while. Its not happening for sure

I wonder how the economics professors at college would react. They would die laughing

Take a picture of this thread and you can make a motivational picture on "Hope"

Godlike! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-11   #15
Unelected
Administrator
Meum pactum dictum

Rig Gallery

Originally Posted by thebanik View Post
remember Indian economy is not anymore as resolute as it once was. And atleast US government is doing something to try to stall the inevitable but I bet Indian economy will collapse before US if it comes to that..........
The U.S govt is doing everything to make sure it happens Banik. Part of the inflation problem here is because the U.S is exporting inflation to other countries. I think our economy will suffer (esp service exports based industries) but it wont be as bad as in the U.S.

Ok so we dont have a countdown clock to the collapse as yet but here is a debt clock ... do have a look at it. U.S. National Debt Clock : Real Time

Post New Thread  Reply