Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Lounge > Everything Under the Sun
Register Forgot Password?

Old 10-06-14   #1
teh priesT!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.

What Would I Like to Read on [E]??

There are lot of interesting news that i would like to read on Erodov, also share with eonians here. But sometimes i am too busy/lazy to create a thread.

We can use this thread to list such topics, so that someone can create threads on them.

just to begin with

Google's Project Tango Tablet Kit
Finally Rockstar confirms GTA V coming to PC and new gen consoles
Far Cry 4 game play footage
updates from E3 2014
Old 10-06-14   #2
Unelected
Administrator
Meum pactum dictum

Rig Gallery

vijayninel is extremely Eminent
vijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminent
Re: What Would I Like to Read on [E]??

Hmmm .....I've been thinking on creating a thread on the new Surface pro 3. The thing which is holding me back is that there is little interest in the Surface in India - not that one can blame anyone but Microsoft for that. Mostly no one even sells the Surface here and very few people have even seen one.
Old 10-06-14   #3
teh priesT!
[E]onian

MadDog is highly ReputableMadDog is highly ReputableMadDog is highly ReputableMadDog is highly Reputable

any interesting updates from WWDC 2014? i didn't follow that
MadDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-14   #4
Unelected
Administrator
Meum pactum dictum

Rig Gallery

vijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminent

Originally Posted by MadDog View Post
any interesting updates from WWDC 2014? i didn't follow that
I cant believe you didnt follow that. It was all about OS X Yosemite (which is a non factor in India) and iOS. Now there were some interesting changes and new features in iOS 8 that can be discussed. I wish some iOS enthusiast take these up in a thread. We used to have quite a few iOS fans here earlier, now it seems Android has engulfed the iOS fans as well.
vijayninel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-14   #5
teh smartie pantS!
[E]onian
Proud Nexu5 Fanboy

Sobirvs is very Notable

Surface comes in tablet like area and people mostly prefer either android based or iOS based tablets. So good call on not making a thread for surface.
Sobirvs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-14   #6
teh priesT!
[E]onian

MadDog is highly ReputableMadDog is highly ReputableMadDog is highly ReputableMadDog is highly Reputable

Originally Posted by vijayninel View Post
I wish some iOS enthusiast take these up in a thread. We used to have quite a few iOS fans here earlier, now it seems Android has engulfed the iOS fans as well.
i also notice that we see very less update on iOS product on our forum, either all have switched to android, or may be silenced by the vast majority..

Originally Posted by Sobirvs View Post
So good call on not making a thread for surface
that is too harsh on a premium device
Old 10-06-14   #7
teh priesT!
[E]onian
does this count as annoying?

bharat14101991 is very Honorablebharat14101991 is very Honorable

Originally Posted by vijayninel View Post
I cant believe you didnt follow that. It was all about OS X Yosemite (which is a non factor in India) and iOS. Now there were some interesting changes and new features in iOS 8 that can be discussed. I wish some iOS enthusiast take these up in a thread. We used to have quite a few iOS fans here earlier, now it seems Android has engulfed the iOS fans as well.
another big thing apple announced at wwdc is the new programming language 'swift', its a huge news for developer community as i have read at many developer sites. some even claim that this will give a huge boost to apple, as app store will flourish with it.
bharat14101991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-14   #8
Unelected
Administrator
Meum pactum dictum

Rig Gallery

Originally Posted by Sobirvs View Post
Surface comes in tablet like area and people mostly prefer either android based or iOS based tablets. So good call on not making a thread for surface.
Actually it flopped badly as a tablet so now they are marketing it as a laptop replacement even though they still call it "the tablet that can replace your laptop". In particular their target is Apples Macbook Air though it is more likely to eat into the Windows ultrabook market. The thing is that there is scarce awareness or demand for the Surface here in India. Not a single shop or reputed site sells it over here and Microsoft India dont care about it ... consequently interest in this topic is very low here.

i also notice that we see very less update on iOS product on our forum, either all have switched to android, or may be silenced by the vast majority..
There are still iOS/Apple fans here but there is no doubt that India is by an large an Android nation. Apple still held a lot of respect in the early days when Android was in its infancy and didnt have so many apps. People used to look at iPhones with awe ... fast forward today, I have noticed that the iPhone sometimes draws scorn and ridicule for its high price. It doesnt have the same aura it had earlier.

Originally Posted by bharat14101991 View Post
another big thing apple announced at wwdc is the new programming language 'swift', its a huge news for developer community as i have read at many developer sites. some even claim that this will give a huge boost to apple, as app store will flourish with it.
True true ... Lets see how it works out. Google also has some great languages btw.
vijayninel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-14   #9
teh priesT!
[E]onian

Oppo launches Find 7 ,Find 7a in India
Old 11-06-14   #10
Cat in the rat race
Community Coordinator
Incognito

ChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly Famed

Write ups are indeed a nice option. Game trailers do not require much in terms of a build up text, but if we're covering E3 news, there needs to be one central thread and some good writeups.

Just my two cents on this. WWDC can be an interesting writeup opportunity as well.
Old 12-06-14   #11
teh priesT!
[E]onian

Intel's Latest Roadmap for 2014-2015 (LEAKED)

Old 12-06-14   #12
Cat in the rat race
Community Coordinator
Incognito

ChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly Famed

We need to write a complete article instead of just links and pictures.

Sent from my G.Two.
ChironX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-14   #13
teh priesT!
[E]onian

We can use this thread to list such topics, so that someone can create threads on them.
i was only planning to list topics on this thread.. write ups will be time consuming

---------- Post added at 03:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:00 PM ----------

Was planning to do a write u on artificial ripining of mangos. Reasons for using artificial methods.
How to identify such mangos, its ill effects on nervous systems.

Not sure if anyone would be interested in reading it.
Old 12-06-14   #14
Cat in the rat race
Community Coordinator
Incognito

Not sure if anyone would be interested in reading it.
Actually therein lies the catch. How interesting you can make even the most boring topics depends on your credibility. no?

Writeups do take time as you need to find the exact data, make everything palatable for the readers and present things in a way that even someone with less expertise won't face any problems understanding.

Why don't you write both articles? On Intel's new processors as well as on artifical ripening? That will be a very good start.
ChironX is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread  Reply