Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Lounge > Everything Under the Sun
Register Forgot Password?

Old 04-01-08   #1
Certified Insane
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.

what if a GROUP ORDER goes wrong????

Dont be negative after reading the title mods and admins :-). A great man from this site once told me one should not be afraid to ask questions. Erodov does take radical steps to look and be good, which is good for the site and for the economy of the Dealers who post their sale here for free!!

Coming more specific to the point, many people and "reps" from their sites are coming and selling their stuff here as a Group order. Now, eventually no1 will be suprised that there will be more and more people who own these kind of sales sites will collaborate with you guys. But alas-worse case scenario: A dealer (whether its an individual or a rep) collects all the money and....you dont get the stuff. The guy dissapears.... the site is cancelled, the account is opened with bogus details (one will never know) what would happen? Who will be responsible if something like this happens?? Wouldnt it be easier if a group order rules and regulations is posted and stickied just like for classified rules??

Last edited by The Sorcerer; 04-01-08 at 09:45 PM.
The Sorcerer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-08   #2
teh priesT!
[E]onian

TheIndian is highly AdmirableTheIndian is highly AdmirableTheIndian is highly AdmirableTheIndian is highly AdmirableTheIndian is highly Admirable
Re: what if a GROUP ORDER goes wrong????

This is nothing to be annoyed about, its a very valid point and topic for discussion.
Old 05-01-08   #3
TheITWares.com Rep
Registered Vendor

TheITWares is highly AdmirableTheITWares is highly AdmirableTheITWares is highly AdmirableTheITWares is highly AdmirableTheITWares is highly AdmirableTheITWares is highly Admirable

I think Erodov should start an Registration Form kinda thing for us where in the dealers like us will Register Themselves , providing with their Office Address , Residential Address and Contact No. If Possible PAN No. and some Identity Proof.

Also there can be someone who can go there in person and check the stuff out like the stuff happens whn you take a Billing Connection a representative comes and checks you and takes ur signature.

So Erodov can send someone to that guys place and then the guy goes back and reports to the Admins or Mods abt him.
TheITWares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-08   #4
iEvangelist
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
GET PEBBLE.

Rig Gallery

Ad1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply Great

Nothing stupid about that question. Very valid point, which never crossed my mind actually.

Will brain storm about this as well.

I like Rahul's Idea. Except for the part about sending a guy, I mean thats really not possible, as were not a profitable forum. We dont get anything out of this.

We can always cross-check, yes.
Office and Residential Address both, is a good idea. Ofcourse, we wont give out that info. . Lol.
Misc : Playstation 3, Xbox 360, iPhone 5, Nexus 4, iPad (3rd gen) 32GB.
Ad1tya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-08   #5
Most Valued [E]onian
Most Valued [E]onian
-

Rig Gallery

Free Radical is extemely Distinguished
Free Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely Distinguished

But for this, there should be a member/admin/mod who can verify the dealers's locale, i.e. a member who lives near the dealer's place and can vouch for him/her.
However, it is unlikely that [E] can visit every nook and cranny to verify the dealer's address, say if the dealer is located in Kavaratti, I doubt ne1 will take the pain to check.
GOs are a risky proposition and I feel it is totally the onus of the buyer to be sure where he is putting his hard earned money
[E] is just a platform and at the end of the day won't be responsible if a GO fails.
I understand that. But I do want some sort of consolation to sleep while I am in a GO.
Holy admins, do sing me a lullaby.
Free Radical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-08   #6
teh smartie pantS!
[E]onian

katmandude is highly Admirablekatmandude is highly Admirablekatmandude is highly Admirablekatmandude is highly Admirablekatmandude is highly Admirablekatmandude is highly Admirable

Verification of a dealers locale or identity is going to be of no use. A person who is set out to fraud people will find a way to cheat through there verification measures too. Even after passing all the verification checks if a dealer still commits a fraud...what is [E] really going to do with all the information they have? [E] does not that kind of resources to track down that dealer to get the customers money back. A guys could very well shut shop one day and run away to Dubai ...lol

Here is my suggestion. Take a considerable amount of Initial security deposit from each dealer who wants to organize GO's on [E]. If ever the dealer commits a fraud or backs out from his promises atleast you have his money to cover the damages incurred by the customer.

The security deposit can be refundable and when the dealer decides to stop organizing GO's on [E], the money can be refunded back to him.

Preferred sites (but not restricted to) include:
newegg.com | amazon.com (products shipped by amazon only) | crazypc.com

Last edited by katmandude; 05-01-08 at 02:27 AM.
katmandude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-08   #7
teh priesT!
[E]onian
LCmediaHouse

Dinesh_Malhotra is highly AdmirableDinesh_Malhotra is highly AdmirableDinesh_Malhotra is highly AdmirableDinesh_Malhotra is highly AdmirableDinesh_Malhotra is highly AdmirableDinesh_Malhotra is highly Admirable

+++ 1 to what Kmd said above.

even i have faced a few ppl who can go to any level in case they wana cheat ppl.

in navi mumbai u can get urself a false pan card made for as low as 50-100 bucks. it sux
Dinesh_Malhotra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-08   #8
TheITWares.com Rep
Registered Vendor

TheITWares is highly AdmirableTheITWares is highly AdmirableTheITWares is highly AdmirableTheITWares is highly AdmirableTheITWares is highly AdmirableTheITWares is highly Admirable

M kool with whatever Admins & Mods decide.
TheITWares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-08   #9
geo
teh smartie pantS!
[E]onian

geo is very Honorablegeo is very Honorable

Originally Posted by katmandude View Post
Here is my suggestion. Take a considerable amount of Initial security deposit from each dealer who wants to organize GO's on [E]. If ever the dealer commits a fraud or backs out from his promises atleast you have his money to cover the damages incurred by the customer.

The security deposit can be refundable and when the dealer decides to stop organizing GO's on [E], the money can be refunded back to him.
whoa! Its gonna scare away lot of startup dealers. i mean, Its not like wholesale deals happen here [i could be wrong]. Most dealers wouldn't make that kinda money, in the first place, atleast initially.

I think [E] should just put up a notice that, "you are buying at your own risk" and be done with it. [E] shouldn't try to control whats beyond its scope. IMHO

The ownership mentality creeps in becuase [E] staff approve the G0s. Some people may interpret that as [E] is somehow responsible. Maybe be the approval system could be taken off, instead of making new rules, cloak and dagger verification or deposit.

Last edited by geo; 05-01-08 at 05:58 AM.
geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-08   #10
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
ill be back to see you in the

sierrafox is Mysterious

wont it be a problem to deal with the banking accounts too for the deposit that [E] will require. Who's gonna own that account and stuff... and there could be complications with accusations of gains etc if somebody wants to create trouble or theres a misunderstanding with the deposit stuff and what not.

sierrafox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-08   #11
teh smartie pantS!
[E]onian

katmandude is highly Admirablekatmandude is highly Admirablekatmandude is highly Admirablekatmandude is highly Admirablekatmandude is highly Admirablekatmandude is highly Admirable

Originally Posted by geo View Post
whoa! Its gonna scare away lot of startup dealers. i mean, Its not like wholesale deals happen here [i could be wrong]. Most dealers wouldn't make that kinda money, in the first place, atleast initially.
Its only a "refundable security deposit" and not a "fee". So, its not like the money is going away from the dealer. He's still going to get the money back at the end of the day. Yes, maybe the profit margins in this business are slim but consider the cost price on the end high end items that get sold on these forums. A dealer still has to pay the cost price on these items to his suppliers if he wants to keep these items in stock with him...which runs into lakhs or even crores of rupees. If a dealer is capable of making such high end purchases to begin with ...you think he is going to be scared off with a security deposit that is refundable? If he is scared of a measly refundable security deposit then you need to question the viability of this dealer organizing GO's to begin with. I believe it acts as an entry check point and is better than just waving the green flag to anyone and everyone who approaches [E]. Imagine at one point if there are 100 dealers on this forum creating 20 threads for the same item...how confusing is it going to get? If you are going to give entry to anyone and everyone then its just going to turn into another ebay and the essence of a tech forum is lost. You also need to limit the number of dealers that can sell on a tech forum and you need to create some entry barrier points. yes, now it doesn't look like a big issue...but wait for others to join the bangwagon and you will start seeing chaos.

Just waiving itself off all responsibilities is also not going to work in the best interest of [E]. after all as the owners of the forum, they hold some responsibility over the members that visit their forum. A dealer on [E] who runs away with the customers money can taint the reputation of [E] and this also effects other dealers selling on. How many times have you been cheated on ebay and sworn never ever to buy again from ebay again? even though other genuine dealers exists on ebay, the fact that one dealer cheated on you remains in your mind and you simply avoid buying from ebay anymore. The same would work on [E] too. So, providing some kind of buyer protection is not only in the interest of [E], but it also works in the interest of the dealers.

Originally Posted by sierrafox View Post
wont it be a problem to deal with the banking accounts too for the deposit that [E] will require. Who's gonna own that account and stuff... and there could be complications with accusations of gains etc if somebody wants to create trouble or theres a misunderstanding with the deposit stuff and what not.
come on...I'm quite confident that kid0m4n has a bank account ...lol and he can handle the money. What complications/acquisitions and gains are you talking about with a "refundable security deposit"? unless kid0m4n decides to run away with the dealers security deposit I don't see any other problem. Keep the security deposit is a risk free interest earning account and use the interest money to support your server costs or give some free goodies to the [E] members with that money

Last edited by katmandude; 05-01-08 at 06:51 AM.
katmandude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-08   #12
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
ill be back to see you in the

sierrafox is Mysterious

ok.. seems good. depends if they wanna implement it now.
sierrafox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-08   #13
Certified Insane
[E]onian

The Sorcerer is off the scaleThe Sorcerer is off the scale
The Sorcerer is off the scaleThe Sorcerer is off the scaleThe Sorcerer is off the scaleThe Sorcerer is off the scaleThe Sorcerer is off the scaleThe Sorcerer is off the scaleThe Sorcerer is off the scaleThe Sorcerer is off the scaleThe Sorcerer is off the scaleThe Sorcerer is off the scaleThe Sorcerer is off the scaleThe Sorcerer is off the scale

@ ad1: Lol...i said dont understand my point in a negative way, I didnt say it was stupid now did I??
They should have implemented this before putting out sales thread...which it is termed as GO. I am suprised that Ad1tya said he never thought about this, if this happens and someone puts an FIR-he will be the one under investigation. Erodov is lacking security and could fall in legal pit for any misconduct on Group orders.

Last edited by The Sorcerer; 05-01-08 at 10:13 AM.
The Sorcerer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-08   #14
A Guru
[E] Guru
tired and bored

Shripad is highly AdmirableShripad is highly AdmirableShripad is highly AdmirableShripad is highly AdmirableShripad is highly AdmirableShripad is highly AdmirableShripad is highly Admirable

Well taking security deposit can be very difficult legally for E. They will have to provide receipts for the same. Dont know if kido is ready to do that.
If it has to be legal and on paper, it has to be done properly.

Also there are simple things you can do to avoid being scammed. We already know most of the dealers here personally and have identified them. I suggest staff here be little patient in offering anyone a dealer tag unless the info provided is verified by 1 way or other which is not that difficult as members from all around the country are part of E.
And those who keep track of the market mostly will know a dealer from his city or must have heard about him anyway.e.g i knew about rahul and itwares way before he ever registered here.

In the end just ask for a identity proof, there are plenty of ways to verify the identity and credentials. Taking money even as security deposit means E is liable. And in times like this we never know whats gonna happen to us, god know how free or busy Kido or adi will be 2 years down the line to keep track of all this.

Angry at Apple for using part of my name for iPad. Stealing buggers
Shripad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-08   #15
teh geeK!
[E]onian
Love < Orange San Francisco

vajm1234 is highly Admirablevajm1234 is highly Admirablevajm1234 is highly Admirablevajm1234 is highly Admirablevajm1234 is highly Admirablevajm1234 is highly Admirable

evry1 is correct in his own ways but i guess its better to have some deposit but with a bit id proof ...but the most imp acc. to me IN the MAIN SECTION THERE SHOULD BE A PREFFERD MEMBERS LIST ACCORDING TO THEIR PAST ACTIVITIES THEIR PARTICIPATION IN ERODOV (for whom e-dov can take some guarantee) ..now what! a dealer collects 10,000rs in advance and security depositd 2000 rs lol on the otr side people who just put on individual non profit or lil profit GOs occasionally dont have a huge amt. to security deposited...

ther are lots of valid point that shud be taken care of

Love ATI :armyguy: Nvidia oOO
... now after my GTX460
Love Nvidia :armyguy: ATI oOO

vajm1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread  Reply