Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.
Loading

navigation
  • Home
  • Forums
  • Articles
  • News
  • Gaming
  • Bazaar
  • Community
  • What's New
  • My Erodov
  • Help
navigation
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Gaming Zone > x Gaming
Register Forgot Password?

 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-09-11   #1
.
Banned
I havent set my status yet.
 
 
Sumonpathak's Avatar
Rig Gallery
What Happend to Gaming in INDIA???


well...found an article when trolling the nets......some nice points are given here...check it out
GameBashing | Blog | What the Hell is Wrong With Gaming in India?
__________________
No regret for the confidence betrayed
No more hiding in shadow

Cause I won't wait for the debt to be repaid

Time has come for you


Sumonpathak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-11   #2
Section Moderator
Community Moderator
I havent set my status yet.
 
 
invader's Avatar

 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Patna
Posts: 3,032
invader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Great
Re: What Happend to Gaming in INDIA???

What happened to it ?
invader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-11   #3
Back to [E]
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
HHHHHHAAAAA!!!!!!!!!
 
 
syedthedevil's Avatar
Rig Gallery
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: chennai
Posts: 2,259
syedthedevil is extremely Renowned
syedthedevil is extremely Renownedsyedthedevil is extremely Renowned
Re: What Happend to Gaming in INDIA???

i dont like the article. If they price the games well, i am sure many will buy original game.
for example any new gta series game(pc) are priced at 500/- which is really good compared to ea games which cost a bomb. I own all gta series originals
__________________
Originally Posted by megan View Post
guys i have hacked my neighbours wifi . but internet is not working . it says you have limited connectivity everytime . what to do ??
Originally Posted by megan View Post
im really not lying , i have hacked his wifi
Originally Posted by megan View Post
i just want to see if i can use his net in emergencies . i already have internet in my house
http://i53.tinypic.com/289bt5e.jpg
syedthedevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-11   #4
Heligoland
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
Hibernating.
 
 
SidK!!'s Avatar

 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 4,432
SidK!! is highly FamedSidK!! is highly FamedSidK!! is highly FamedSidK!! is highly FamedSidK!! is highly FamedSidK!! is highly FamedSidK!! is highly FamedSidK!! is highly Famed
Indian gaming scene is sad.today i heard that city qualifiers for wcg in india were cancelled becoz the sponser backed out.they re holding online qualifiers for a international event now lol

__________________
Originally Posted by stonedsurd View Post
Yes thank you.

I was commenting on the absurdity of the assumption that Mario>Freeman

To qualify my statement - Mario is an Italian immigrant plumber who spends his life chasing a dame who refuses to let him bang her.

Freeman is a physicist who saves the world (multiple times) with a crowbar. And he manages to get Alyx Vance to fall in love with him without needing mushrooms, stars or jumping on enemies.
SidK!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-11   #5
Section Moderator
Community Moderator
I havent set my status yet.
 
 
invader's Avatar

 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Patna
Posts: 3,032
invader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Great
Re: What Happend to Gaming in INDIA???

gaming is not at a sad state its the competitive form of gaming which is dieing ...
invader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-11   #6
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
iDota
 
 
1Sarath's Avatar
Rig Gallery
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 287
1Sarath is Notable
Re: What Happend to Gaming in INDIA???

I still play dota :-D Thats freaking old. Competitive gaming as in what? Which kinda games?
1Sarath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-11   #7
.
Banned
I havent set my status yet.
 
 
Sumonpathak's Avatar
Rig Gallery
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 6,621
Sumonpathak is extremely Renowned
Sumonpathak is extremely RenownedSumonpathak is extremely RenownedSumonpathak is extremely Renowned
Re: What Happend to Gaming in INDIA???

tf2,css
Sumonpathak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-11   #8
Section Moderator
Community Moderator
I havent set my status yet.
 
 
invader's Avatar

 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Patna
Posts: 3,032
invader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Great
Re: What Happend to Gaming in INDIA???

competitive gaming as in tourneys and all ...
invader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-11   #9
teh smartie pantS!
[E]onian
F@@$K
 
 
devvfata1ity's Avatar

 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 445
devvfata1ity is very Notable
Re: What Happend to Gaming in INDIA???

gaming scene in india is still largely pathetic. This is mainly because of the attitude of the general public towards gamers. People act all shocked when they hear someone is buying a pc just for gaming.
tejas137 likes this.
__________________
2014 RIG: i5 4670k | Maximus VI Gene | Ripjaws X 2133 CL9 16GB | R9 290 Tri-X OC 4GB | TX 850V2 | Force GT 120GB | 840 EVO 120 GB | WD Green 500 GB | Seagate Barracuda 500 GB | Spire Thermax Eclipse II P/P | NZXT Tempest EVO |
devvfata1ity is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-11   #10
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian
bleh
 
 
Aumkar's Avatar

 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 7,533
Aumkar is highly AdmirableAumkar is highly AdmirableAumkar is highly AdmirableAumkar is highly AdmirableAumkar is highly Admirable
Re: What Happend to Gaming in INDIA???

Not only that. Its that gamers are pressurized by others that they will fail in life if they play games, and what not. My parents tend to say that. Even after appearing/winning tournaments. Everyone wants to "succeed" and hence games "hinder" that success. To me, it would seem like people can't prioritize properly.

But I think the primary cause of piracy with relation to gaming is that people are either cheap or they don't have the PC to run it, but want to play the game. They don't see it as entertainment investments. The games are priced fine over here. Even console games are priced on par with their American counterparts.
invader and syedthedevil like this.
__________________
Desktop - Core i5 4670K - 4.2Ghz @ 1.16v | CoolerMaster Hyper 212X | 8GB Kingston HyperX 1600 | Gigabyte Z87-D3HP | Sapphire R7 250X 1GB DDR5 | HD555 | Fiio E7 | Ikari Optical | TVS Gold | Samsung 840 Evo 120GB SSD + Seagate 7200.10 500GB | Seagate Expansion 2TB USB3 | BenQ GW2255HM

Mobile - iPhone 5S Gold 16GB - 7.0.3 Jailbroken; Nexus 7 - Stock 4.4.2; Skullcandy Ink'd 2 Headset.
Aumkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-11   #11
teh priesT!
[E]onian
Semper Solus
 
 
modeSEVEN's Avatar

 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Singapore
Posts: 819
modeSEVEN is highly AdmirablemodeSEVEN is highly AdmirablemodeSEVEN is highly AdmirablemodeSEVEN is highly AdmirablemodeSEVEN is highly AdmirablemodeSEVEN is highly AdmirablemodeSEVEN is highly Admirable
Re: What Happend to Gaming in INDIA???

Who is this troller? Is he an idiot? The link name pretty much summarizes the ignorance of this guy.
Is he a gamer? I don't think this guy plays anything more than the flash games he mentioned. Just because he is not aware of the reality of life does not mean he makes ignorant rants.
So what if gaming did not grow the way he wanted it to? Baap ka raj hai kya?

To put it into perspective, I've been to 3 BYOCs and I'm happy to report the growing number of gamers appearing along with NON-gamers. Actually, the number of normal people coming to BYOC seems to have increased.

The other part which he doesnt seem to understand that different societies face different challenges. Why does he not question the fact that Indian youth remains dependent on parents longer than youth of developed countries? Why does he not realise the fact that with 1.2 Billion people competing with you for a decent life, gaming isn't exactly this country's top priority.
To give an extreme example, why isn't he bashing African countries for not participating in the gaming scene? It's because people are too busy fending for their lives to look past the basics onto some tertiary form of spending time - entertainment.

Moreover, he seems to be unaware of the fact that Europe and America, the places we consider gamer utopia, are as such because survival is not a challenge for them. And even there, gamers (the passionate ones he talks about) belong to the same age group as the world over, the 15-25 age group. People there will give you the look if you say you are a gamer at 30 years of age. Heck, even gamers will give you the look if you say that there. Case in point being WhiteRa, a 28 year old Starcraft 2 gamer in Europe. He gets a special mention in every tourney simply because of his age!

Take a proper look around you gamebashing moron and you will realise that all your rant can be summed up with this:
"The grass is always greener on the other side"
syedthedevil and D[E]4THL0|2D like this.
__________________
my rig | (((d-_-b))) <3 music | [E] DotA 2 group member
modeSEVEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-11   #12
Back to [E]
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
HHHHHHAAAAA!!!!!!!!!
 
 
syedthedevil's Avatar
Rig Gallery
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: chennai
Posts: 2,259
syedthedevil is extremely Renowned
syedthedevil is extremely Renownedsyedthedevil is extremely Renowned
Re: What Happend to Gaming in INDIA???

Originally Posted by modeSEVEN View Post
Who is this troller? Is he an idiot? The link name pretty much summarizes the ignorance of this guy.
Is he a gamer? I don't think this guy plays anything more than the flash games he mentioned. Just because he is not aware of the reality of life does not mean he makes ignorant rants.
, you have good sense of humor
syedthedevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-11   #13
teh nuB!
I havent set my status yet.
 
 
chupchap's Avatar

 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3
chupchap is Mysterious
Re: What Happend to Gaming in INDIA???

Originally Posted by modeSEVEN View Post
Who is this troller? Is he an idiot? The link name pretty much summarizes the ignorance of this guy.
Is he a gamer? I don't think this guy plays anything more than the flash games he mentioned. Just because he is not aware of the reality of life does not mean he makes ignorant rants.
So what if gaming did not grow the way he wanted it to? Baap ka raj hai kya?

To put it into perspective, I've been to 3 BYOCs and I'm happy to report the growing number of gamers appearing along with NON-gamers. Actually, the number of normal people coming to BYOC seems to have increased.

The other part which he doesnt seem to understand that different societies face different challenges. Why does he not question the fact that Indian youth remains dependent on parents longer than youth of developed countries? Why does he not realise the fact that with 1.2 Billion people competing with you for a decent life, gaming isn't exactly this country's top priority.
To give an extreme example, why isn't he bashing African countries for not participating in the gaming scene? It's because people are too busy fending for their lives to look past the basics onto some tertiary form of spending time - entertainment.

Moreover, he seems to be unaware of the fact that Europe and America, the places we consider gamer utopia, are as such because survival is not a challenge for them. And even there, gamers (the passionate ones he talks about) belong to the same age group as the world over, the 15-25 age group. People there will give you the look if you say you are a gamer at 30 years of age. Heck, even gamers will give you the look if you say that there. Case in point being WhiteRa, a 28 year old Starcraft 2 gamer in Europe. He gets a special mention in every tourney simply because of his age!

Take a proper look around you gamebashing moron and you will realise that all your rant can be summed up with this:
"The grass is always greener on the other side"


Hi there, I wrote the story to begin with I'm not a troll. I'm a journalist by profession and gamer because I bloddy hell like being one. The blog post wasn't an ignorant rant. I've been covering gaming scene in India for the past 3 years in whatever way I can along with my real job.
Since you mentioned, BYOC I suggest you check out our BYOC coverage too.
I would like to argue with you point by point, but I don't think it's worth it as you haven't read the whole post and the comment thread (where I have further explained some of my points.)

PS: Bashing africa? Really? I'm an Indian and I care about gaming scene here so why did you bring in Africa? The blog is about gaming scene in India for godsake how ignorant could you be? Seriously? Next time read up a little bit before you criticise.

PPS: You realise it's a year old post right?
chupchap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-11   #14
teh priesT!
[E]onian
Semper Solus
 
 
modeSEVEN's Avatar

 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Singapore
Posts: 819
modeSEVEN is highly AdmirablemodeSEVEN is highly AdmirablemodeSEVEN is highly AdmirablemodeSEVEN is highly AdmirablemodeSEVEN is highly AdmirablemodeSEVEN is highly AdmirablemodeSEVEN is highly Admirable
Re: What Happend to Gaming in INDIA???

Originally Posted by chupchap View Post
PS: Bashing africa? Really? I'm an Indian and I care about gaming scene here so why did you bring in Africa? The blog is about gaming scene in India for godsake how ignorant could you be? Seriously? Next time read up a little bit before you criticise.
....I did mention this as an extreme example, as in a hypothetical example. This was done to underline the general attitude your post took: the grass is greener on the other side and I'm cribbing about mine without doing anything about it.

And yes, I read through the entire blog as well as the following comment thread. You sound like one of those who see the glass half empty IMO whereas I'm on the other end of the spectrum.

Edit: Journalist? my 10 year old cousin has better understanding of english. How do you tie ignorance with my mentioning Africa as an "extreme/hypothetical example"? Seriously, how? Am I ignorant of your lack of intelligence? If you read my post you would realise that I have the cognitive/linguistic skills to understand what your post and subsequent discussion is about. Otherwise I wouldn't write such a long response.

At least use the correct adjective; "foolish" would fit better in this context.
No wonder print/digital media content quality has been going to the dogs these past couple of years. All bad hires I suppose...

PS: No intention of starting a flame war. I do these shenanigans every once in a while to keep those grey cells busy.
Awaiting your rebuttal.

PPS: I do believe the person who wrote the post has not changed. I would be right in assuming that said person does not have a split personality. Hopefully, my thinking that the person has a mind of his own which can stick to his opinions is also right.
If I were to look deeper into your statement (what we write can also be interpreted as body language in words), it seems you are on a defensive/passive stance which indicates lack of confidence in your opinion which you presented so garishly.

May you see the light.
syedthedevil likes this.

Last edited by modeSEVEN; 09-09-11 at 03:10 AM.
modeSEVEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-11   #15
teh nuB!
I havent set my status yet.
 
 
chupchap's Avatar

 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3
chupchap is Mysterious
Wtf Re: What Happend to Gaming in INDIA???

Originally Posted by modeSEVEN View Post
....I did mention this as an extreme example, as in a hypothetical example. This was done to underline the general attitude your post took: the grass is greener on the other side and I'm cribbing about mine without doing anything about it.

And yes, I read through the entire blog as well as the following comment thread. You sound like one of those who see the glass half empty IMO whereas I'm on the other end of the spectrum.

Edit: Journalist? my 10 year old cousin has better understanding of english. How do you tie ignorance with my mentioning Africa as an "extreme/hypothetical example"? Seriously, how? Am I ignorant of your lack of intelligence? If you read my post you would realise that I have the cognitive/linguistic skills to understand what your post and subsequent discussion is about. Otherwise I wouldn't write such a long response.

At least use the correct adjective; "foolish" would fit better in this context.
No wonder print/digital media content quality has been going to the dogs these past couple of years. All bad hires I suppose...

PS: No intention of starting a flame war. I do these shenanigans every once in a while to keep those grey cells busy.
Awaiting your rebuttal.

PPS: I do believe the person who wrote the post has not changed. I would be right in assuming that said person does not have a split personality. Hopefully, my thinking that the person has a mind of his own which can stick to his opinions is also right.
If I were to look deeper into your statement (what we write can also be interpreted as body language in words), it seems you are on a defensive/passive stance which indicates lack of confidence in your opinion which you presented so garishly.

May you see the light.
To begin with I don't believe the grass is on the other side, I'm only questioning the attitude of gamers at times. More than anything, when I wrote that post, I was frustrated that the scene hadn't changed much over the years, rather were scared of change.
All said and done it was a rant (most of my blog posts are) and I agree that it was poorly written. I don't see a point in editing such rants because the purpose is lost; don't you think so? :-D
Regarding your PPS, it's so WTF that I'm not even replying to it. Seriously... do you even know me to judge me like that? If you want to criticise any of the points I have made, I will happily listen to you, but please avoid such barbs they don't help take the discussion forward.

PS: Journalism is not just about writing correct english :-D Plus I'm tired of writing correct english for a job, so I write crap and don't bother editing them on my blog. =P
KiD0M4N likes this.
chupchap is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread  Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Weird Thing Happend to My iPhone 4 Manomax Mobile Phones 24 17-10-11 12:50 AM
QUERY: What Happend to This Sites? Sumonpathak Feedback and Test Drive 6 06-08-10 05:57 PM
Is gaming (as a career) possible in India? KiD0M4N x Gaming 79 19-08-09 06:55 AM


Tags
bout, gaming, happend, india
All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 05:20 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.