Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Electronics and Consumer Durables > Mobile Phones
Register Forgot Password?

Old 21-06-13   #16
Neo[t]
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
SteelSeries SenSei <3

Re: What to Do if I Lose My Phone?

Originally Posted by aayush151 View Post
Mobile trackers Can easily be uninstalled by Flashing the phone , so they are useless
No mate. Avast anti theft tracking is flash proof. Even cm flash proof.

Sent from my Micromax Canvas HD using tapatalk
prateekS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-13   #17
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
Looking for 21"+ LED

rohitshakti is Mysterious

Originally Posted by cybertron View Post
Police usually do not do anything, unless you say the phone was robbed. If you say you lost it, they usually drop the case saying that you are careless and they have better things to do. My samsung phone was robbed last year and I too filed an FIR, till date there is no response.

If police are determined, they can track the phone via IMEI and Vodafone/Airtel help in a few hours. They are just lazy and lethargic.
Unless there is a serious crime associated with the phone, they will not investigate.

Bottomline: If police want to help you, they can recover any phone model. Even a nokia 1100 !!!
And if they don't, no matter how advanced your phone is, it will never come back.

Also, the apps method of securing your phone is next to useless. Most of the thieves today are smart, and reflashing a phone is child's play! The IMEI method is the most reliable method because you cannot modify the IMEI,

All the best to your friend, to get his phone back.
Police does not do anything for tracking. They contact Deptt. of Telecom TERM cell which can trace any phone in India. You can write application in your nearby TERM cell and ask them for help.
rohitshakti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-13   #18
teh nuB!
I havent set my status yet.

cybertron is Mysterious

Originally Posted by rohitshakti View Post
Police does not do anything for tracking. They contact Deptt. of Telecom TERM cell which can trace any phone in India. You can write application in your nearby TERM cell and ask them for help.
Thanks for your comments.

Ya, I do understand that the police do not directly trace it. It is quite obvious that some other agency will do it upon police request.

BTW, how is the process of writing an application in TERM cell ? Have any of your friends tried this before ? How successful is this method ? Is there any money to be paid ? If this method is so straight forward then this information should be shared with many people. Will a FIR be necessary prior to approaching TERM cell ?
cybertron is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread  Reply