Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation
  • Home
  • Forums
  • Articles
  • News
  • Gaming
  • Bazaar
  • Community
  • What's New
  • My Erodov
  • Help
navigation
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Articles > Reviews & Previews
Register Forgot Password?
Follow Erodov on Twitter Follow Us
Join us on FaceBook Join Us
Post New Article  Comment

Article Tools Search this Article

Old 05-06-14
Patient_Zero
Community Moderator
Zombie Enthusiast

realandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly Admirable
Watch_Dogs PC Game Review

Last edited by vijayninel; 09-06-14 at 06:04 PM.
By devvfata1ity 11-06-14
Re: Watch_Dogs PC Game Review

Originally Posted by realandR3cys View Post
Indeed

Thank You

Thanks man!

And yeah, truly (even though I encountered not even a single problem with UPlay) UPlay needs to die. I don't understand the reason why UBI is pushing it so hard against people's throats.

Sad.

Truly the Side Missions are quite THE best i've seen in an open world title. The variety is just ridiculous, and will make you just forget the Main Campaign.

That just takes the interaction with the game world to a whole new level.

Sad to hear that mate.

The game was conspired to run "Bad" on AMD GPUs, thanks to Nvidia Gameworks collaboration - and I suppose this would continue with UBI's next titles, continuing the UBI-Nvidia deal.

Anyways, you should wait up for upcoming patch.

Meanwhile, like Vijayninel said, try updating to 14.6 Beta, or if you're using CCC 14.6 Beta try going back to 14.4.

Also, set GPU Buffered frames to 1 and use Borderless Window.

Also make a new WD Desktop shortcut, and add "-disablepagefilecheck" (without quotes) to the end of it's Target line.

Now launch UPlay normal, and instead of launching WD via the client, double click on that shortcut.

Done all that but to no avail. I don't know the patch will fix things or not. As far as I can tell it's not my gpu or cpu but a bug in the game that's causing a memory leak. The only way I have been able to get around d issue is by alt+tab whenever there's this massive frame drop. Surprisingly when it's running without this memory leak WD is pretty smooth for me wid no stutters.
I am trying modding d XML file to see which effect is causing the memory leak.

By realandR3cys 11-06-14

Originally Posted by devvfata1ity View Post
I am trying modding d XML file to see which effect is causing the memory leak.
Ah! Totally forgot about that infamous XML file. Thanks for reminding me again (aftereffects of not visiting /r/watch_dogs for over a week).

Have to tweak that. SweetFX isn't at all satisfying for me
By devvfata1ity 12-06-14

Ah! Totally forgot about that infamous XML file. Thanks for reminding me again (aftereffects of not visiting /r/watch_dogs for over a week).

Have to tweak that. SweetFX isn't at all satisfying for me
yup sweetfx aint that sweet for this game
By devvfata1ity 26-06-14

The only thing that has made the game somewhat playable now is to leave the textures at high and rest everything at ultra...m now getting between 30-40 fps...but those frequent drops to 5 fps have been thankfully minimized

---------- Post added at 10:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 AM ----------

Also there's a quite obvious memory leak as if I use ultra textures , the vram usage reaches 4gb within no time n keeps rising...the only way to fix this is by alt tabbin to flush thr vram

By realandR3cys 26-06-14

The only thing that has made the game somewhat playable now is to leave the textures at high and rest everything at ultra...m now getting between 30-40 fps...but those frequent drops to 5 fps have been thankfully minimized

Also there's a quite obvious memory leak as if I use ultra textures , the vram usage reaches 4gb within no time n keeps rising...the only way to fix this is by alt tabbin to flush thr vram

The latest WD patch, which was released last week do fixed some shuttering for me.
I'm guessing that patch didn't worked out for you, sadly.

You can try TheWorse mod, which fixes a lot of shuttering and frame drops. Sadly the mod isn't for me, as i quite dislike it's bloom effect.
By sourav 26-06-14

Is this game playable on systems with 4GB Ram?
By Fenix 26-06-14

Thats one of the best part of having a console,the review was nice and i have yet to play the game . Glad to know that it has the element of stealth .
By realandR3cys 26-06-14

Originally Posted by sourav View Post
Is this game playable on systems with 4GB Ram?
I wouldn't say flawless, but it'll run pretty okay with 4GB of system memory at 720p.

Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
Thats one of the best part of having a console,the review was nice and i have yet to play the game . Glad to know that it has the element of stealth .
Thank man
As you love stealth, you'll quite love the way WD gives you numerous options at your disposal, that makes playing stealthly more interesting than full on "run & gun".
By Fenix 27-06-14

Thats one of the reasons why i am a big fan of MGS/Batman . Will check it out for sure .
By supersourav99 27-06-14

Hey everyone
If anyone would like to try this patch out !
By mohitgamer 27-06-14

If anyone would like to try this patch out !
What difference does the patch do ?

Originally Posted by mohitgamer View Post
What difference does the patch do ?
check out this thread sir ,everything is mentioned along with screenshots!
By devvfata1ity 27-06-14

The latest WD patch, which was released last week do fixed some shuttering for me.
I'm guessing that patch didn't worked out for you, sadly.

You can try TheWorse mod, which fixes a lot of shuttering and frame drops. Sadly the mod isn't for me, as i quite dislike it's bloom effect.
I have already created my own mod by taking bits & parts of theworse mod, lunyah mod, maldo mod, & vaas mod. The game is playable & looks good too but I seriously hope Ubi patches the memory leak in the next update

I have already created my own mod by taking bits & parts of theworse mod, lunyah mod, maldo mod, & vaas mod. The game is playable & looks good too but I seriously hope Ubi patches the memory leak in the next update

Maldo's stutter fix v2 patch fixes the stuttering completely unless you are on SLI/Crossfire!
Try out my mod once! It looks great too.I have just borrowed the fog and colourgrading.lib from TheWorse Mod (all versions) ! Took the Depth of Field from Vaas ! Except that TheWorse mod is completely dull for me!
By Amitfuriousgam 14-09-14

Unoptimized Shit!
Post New Article  Comment
Please share with friends!

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search