Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation
  • Home
  • Forums
  • Articles
  • News
  • Gaming
  • Bazaar
  • Community
  • What's New
  • My Erodov
  • Help
navigation
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Hardware Zone > Cooling and Overclocking
Register Forgot Password?

Old 26-02-11   #16
Idiki gold ftw.
Community Moderator
I havent set my status yet.

Rig Gallery
Re: Wake Up! India's Ramking on HWBOT.org is Too Low!!

Originally Posted by thebanik View Post
See, modding is mostly a 1 man show of skills and ideas anyways. And what kind of promotion are you talking about??? You think hosting a modding competition would somehow make modders out of general members??? Even internationally there are very few modding competition. But there is one modding competition(which is yearly btw) hosted by CoolerMaster right now with prize money worth $15000 which is open to Indians, but I am sure response from India would be very poor just like previous years.
Even internationally if you go to a Lan event, 99% of the rigs will be standard cases, so nothing different there.
You misunderstand me, sir. I do not mean to imply that hosting one modding contest will make modders out of the general public- I wish it could but it will not, but it will garner some attention at least, which would be a start. I'm not talking of international contests or even pan-india contests, but rather a small scale one on E. I don't expect to see any participation like an OC contest- there'll probably be four or five people or even less, but it will be something. Initially, it was the same for OC, but due to the hard work of people, its relatively popular.

The international scene is very different from India, since their economy, as well as the resources available are conducive to modding. It is by now way mainstream, but it is sizeable, sizeable enough to get attention by manufacturers. Here, the mentality is that modding takes up a lot of time and money and effort, which is not really the case. In fact, its the money and lack of resources that is the major deterrent, and contrary to beliefs, it doesn't really cost a lot to mod.

As for the CM contest, I don't think there'll be any participation from India simply because honestly speaking, there's really isn't any thing to show, or anything that stands a chance- which is why I say that we need to have something localised. The CM contest will not be fair, simply because the people participating there would be lightyears ahead in terms of experience and resources available, whereas a local contest would put everyone at more or less equal footing. Heck, I'm willing to pay for the prize and expenses involved, and lest people think I'm doing this to gain attention for my self, i won't even participate.
Project: reWenge
On Hold: Project: Flux

Xanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-11   #17
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian

Rig Gallery

thunder.02dragon is highly Admirablethunder.02dragon is highly Admirablethunder.02dragon is highly Admirablethunder.02dragon is highly Admirablethunder.02dragon is highly Admirablethunder.02dragon is highly Admirable

Originally Posted by Xanan View Post
You misunderstand me, sir. I do not mean to imply that hosting one modding contest will make modders out of the general public- I wish it could but it will not, but it will garner some attention at least, which would be a start. I'm not talking of international contests or even pan-india contests, but rather a small scale one on E. I don't expect to see any participation like an OC contest- there'll probably be four or five people or even less, but it will be something. Initially, it was the same for OC, but due to the hard work of people, its relatively popular.

The international scene is very different from India, since their economy, as well as the resources available are conducive to modding. It is by now way mainstream, but it is sizeable, sizeable enough to get attention by manufacturers. Here, the mentality is that modding takes up a lot of time and money and effort, which is not really the case. In fact, its the money and lack of resources that is the major deterrent, and contrary to beliefs, it doesn't really cost a lot to mod.

As for the CM contest, I don't think there'll be any participation from India simply because honestly speaking, there's really isn't any thing to show, or anything that stands a chance- which is why I say that we need to have something localised. The CM contest will not be fair, simply because the people participating there would be lightyears ahead in terms of experience and resources available, whereas a local contest would put everyone at more or less equal footing. Heck, I'm willing to pay for the prize and expenses involved, and lest people think I'm doing this to gain attention for my self, i won't even participate.
I agree not all started with a Bang... OCing has the same past I agree.. We need to promote I guess whatever it be..
|| XandrA-XT || Intel i7 3770 || ASUS P8Z77-I Deluxe || Galaxy GTX 660Ti OC || Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB 1866C9 || Kingston 120GB SSDx2 || WD 1TB Black || Corsair H80 || Bitfenix Recon || Bitfenix Prodigy || Corsair AX760 || Logitech G500s || X-mini || Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2013 || LG D2342P ||

|| Sony Vaio CEB16FG || XBOX360 250GB+Kinect || Sony PS3 500GB || Sony PS Vita || Galaxy Tab 2 || Canon 550D+50mm1.8F+18-200mm || XBOX One & PS4 coming November - PreOrdered
thunder.02dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-11   #18
teh spamm[E]R!
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r

Rig Gallery

thebanik is extemely Distinguished
thebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguished

See, I believe competition is not the way to go forward for modding. When I see build logs by others even I hope I can make something of that sort, but neither have the time nor the tools to get started. Whereas for a modding competition I do not even take a peek to look at the rules. With ocing its anyways about sort of a race so it makes more sense IMO. But modding needs time if nothing else, and for a prize worth a few hundreds, I dont think even modders would get interested in building up something new, let alone the general members. According to me what we need is threads on modding, which tells newbies the tool required, for how much and from where to buy. Some basics on modding, some ideas shared and regular build logs(dont know from where the regular would come though, ).

---------- Post added at 10:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 AM ----------

Originally Posted by thunder.02dragon View Post
I agree not all started with a Bang... OCing has the same past I agree.. We need to promote I guess whatever it be..
Ocing in India had a far better past, a few years ago than the present. Its simply dying down because everyone I see now keeps talking about it but no top results,
Maximus V Gene (MSI Z77-GD65, Gigabyte P67A-UD7, EVGA Classified E760,MSI Eclipse,DFI DK P45 Plus, Foxconn Mars, Asus P5Ne-SLI, Asus P5B Deluxe/Wifi AP), Intel 3770k Benched @ 6.7Ghz, Intel 2600K Benched @ 5.7 Ghz, AMD 8150 Benched @ 7.45 Ghz, Intel 980X Benched @ 6.07Ghz, AMD 970BE Benched @ 6.63Ghz, (Intel i5 680 Benched @ 6.44Ghz, Intel i7 950 Benched @ 5150Mhz, Intel E8600 Benched @ 5.71Ghz, Intel QX9650 Benched @5.41Ghz, Intel Core2 Duo E8400@4.6Ghz, e4300 @ 3.52 Ghz), Thermalright Venomous X, GSkill 6400 2 x 1 GB @ 1260Mhz , HIS 7970 (MSI GTX 580, MSI GTX 480, EVGA GTX295, Asus 4870 x2, EVGA 9800GX2, Visiontek 3870 x2, XFX 8800GT, Nvidia 7900GTX, XFX 8600GT), DELL E248WFP Monitor, CoolerMaster Benchtable, Antec HCP 1200W, Altec Lansing 641 400 RMS Watts with Auzentech X-Plosion

SVGTECH HOC40 and HOC20 Review

Corsair Vengeance K90, M90 and M60 Review

Gigabyte P67 UD7 + Intel i7 2600k Preview

Strontium Ultra Speed 128GB SSD Review

Gigabyte GX-X58A-UD9 Review
thebanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-11   #19
Idiki gold ftw.
Community Moderator

Rig Gallery

Xanan is simply GreatXanan is simply GreatXanan is simply GreatXanan is simply GreatXanan is simply GreatXanan is simply GreatXanan is simply GreatXanan is simply GreatXanan is simply GreatXanan is simply GreatXanan is simply Great

See, I believe competition is not the way to go forward for modding. When I see build logs by others even I hope I can make something of that sort, but neither have the time nor the tools to get started. Whereas for a modding competition I do not even take a peek to look at the rules. With ocing its anyways about sort of a race so it makes more sense IMO. But modding needs time if nothing else, and for a prize worth a few hundreds, I dont think even modders would get interested in building up something new, let alone the general members. According to me what we need is threads on modding, which tells newbies the tool required, for how much and from where to buy. Some basics on modding, some ideas shared and regular build logs(dont know from where the regular would come though, ).
I get what you mean. However, I did not imply that the competition or something similar that I'm taking about requires a NEW mod- just about anything that someone has built will qualify, even if its only a cathode kit or paint job or window mod.

I hope you do build something...trust me when I say all you need is will. The first mod that I made, was made while I was working a 12 hour shift, with the only tools at my disposal being a knife, a small saw and a screw driver. The result wasn't spectacular, but downright ugly (dunno whether you've seen it or not), the total amount spent was 900 buck on the acrylic sheet and another 120 on buying a soldering iron and wire.

We have already have quite a few threads on modding and a few worklogs (I think about 8 or nine), with Mav's work being the most regularly updated. However, not many people are aware of it because its never advertised on the forums. Regular build logs are possible only with more participation, and more participation will come from more awareness, and not waiting for someone to keep updating the threads. Without support from E on this, i don't see how this will happen. Whenever I say something to popularise modding (please do not take it in the wrong vein), I'm met with a barrage of reasons, a litany of problems that tell me what I'm suggesting is impractical, implausible or unfeasible, but never have I seen anyone suggest anything to work around the problem. The standard answer I get is that we need more threads- where are all these threads and builds going to come from if no one does anything to create awareness? I can create a thread will all the info required to make a mod (in fact, there are many threads which already serve the purpose), but whats their use if no one even knows that they exist? Just click on the E-spy link- you'll see threads from EUTS, spam, OC, Deals etc, but never anything from the modding section? Why? Because people either don't know its there, or because there is nothing new there, or perhaps because they just don't know what it is.

You people are in a position to make a change, if you are willing to. I don't say that its going to be easy, or that you'll get instantaneous results, but things will surely change over time. Please, please, take up the initiative- its easy to ignore a lone gunman, but an army never goes unnoticed.

Last edited by Xanan; 26-02-11 at 11:19 AM.
Old 26-02-11   #20
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian

Rig Gallery

thunder.02dragon is highly Admirablethunder.02dragon is highly Admirablethunder.02dragon is highly Admirablethunder.02dragon is highly Admirablethunder.02dragon is highly Admirablethunder.02dragon is highly Admirable

I get what you mean. However, I did not imply that the competition or something similar that I'm taking about requires a NEW mod- just about anything that someone has built will qualify, even if its only a cathode kit or paint job or window mod.

I hope you do build something...trust me when I say all you need is will. The first mod that I made, was made while I was working a 12 hour shift, with the only tools at my disposal being a knife, a small saw and a screw driver. The result wasn't spectacular, but downright ugly (dunno whether you've seen it or not), the total amount spent was 900 buck on the acrylic sheet and another 120 on buying a soldering iron and wire.

We have already have quite a few threads on modding and a few worklogs (I think about 8 or nine), with Mav's work being the most regularly updated. However, not many people are aware of it because its never advertised on the forums. Regular build logs are possible only with more participation, and more participation will come from more awareness, and not waiting for someone to keep updating the threads. Without support from E on this, i don't see how this will happen.

You people are in a position to make a change, if you are willing to. I don't say that its going to be easy, or that you'll get instantaneous results, but things will surely change over time. Please, please, take up the initiative- its easy to ignore a lone gunman, but an army never goes unnoticed.
So true man!! Thats why we need to promote all these stuffs!!

@banikda

My sole intension was to create awarness... I see everyday people going for highend stuffs but what they do with it at the end of the day?
They end up playing games a little rest all that power is unused....whereas their previous stuff was more than enough for the most games...though at times they might need small upgade but they opt for whole update! :s

Well al these gyaans doesnot mean I was diff, I use to do the same year back or even now! Still I find time to put my power to use, test it's limits

Put the power to some use guys!
Old 26-02-11   #21
Banned

Rig Gallery

Sumonpathak is extremely Renowned
Sumonpathak is extremely RenownedSumonpathak is extremely RenownedSumonpathak is extremely Renowned

well......how bout we start up an in-house benching competition for ourselves?
and sadly.....OVERCLOCKING IS DYING at least in India..........
talking bout overclocking in India is something like banging your head against the wall.....
all people here want to do is...showoff.....and play movies.....
how lame is that?
so unless...the interesting member's collaborate....we will slip down further....
i for myself have tried numerous things to promote overclocking in {e]....but am demotivated as of now..........
@thunder/banikdada...come back to [e]'s team......
atleast then people will take some notice of use......
when i started....erodov had 44points....now its standing @ 58[approx]....plz help me to increase it more

Cause I won't wait for the debt to be repaid

Time has come for you

Sumonpathak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-11   #22
Idiki gold ftw.
Community Moderator

Rig Gallery

Xanan is simply GreatXanan is simply GreatXanan is simply GreatXanan is simply GreatXanan is simply GreatXanan is simply GreatXanan is simply GreatXanan is simply GreatXanan is simply GreatXanan is simply GreatXanan is simply Great

Be thankful the OC scene is better than the modding scene- at least people do get to know about OC.
Old 26-02-11   #23
Banned

Rig Gallery

Sumonpathak is extremely RenownedSumonpathak is extremely RenownedSumonpathak is extremely Renowned

they dont.....as far is modding is concerned....i will be bombarding you with question soon...add me to gtalk
Old 26-02-11   #24
Idiki gold ftw.
Community Moderator

Rig Gallery

Originally Posted by Sumonpathak View Post
they dont.....as far is modding is concerned....i will be bombarding you with question soon...add me to gtalk
don't have gtalk but you can add me on FB...we can chat there.
Old 26-02-11   #25
Banned

Rig Gallery

done......get gtalk man...........
back to topic.......
@vijay/banik/kido/who ever it may concern.....
can you guys give the overclocking section a bit more highlighting?
Old 26-02-11   #26
Unelected
Administrator
Meum pactum dictum

Rig Gallery

vijayninel is extremely Eminent
vijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminent

Dont have Gtalk ..? That's sacrilege !!! how can someone not have Gtalk these days !!!
Old 26-02-11   #27
Banned

Rig Gallery

@op.....major typo on the title
Old 26-02-11   #28
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian

Rig Gallery

@Suman...

Yup thats Typo kinda.. still RAM is there!!
Old 26-02-11   #29
Idiki gold ftw.
Community Moderator

Rig Gallery

Originally Posted by vijayninel View Post
Dont have Gtalk ..? That's sacrilege !!! how can someone not have Gtalk these days !!!

i hate chatting...that's why
Old 26-02-11   #30
MOZ
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian
That's Me!

Rig Gallery

MOZ is highly ProminentMOZ is highly ProminentMOZ is highly Prominent

Damn nice summary, completely agree, people who seem to be interested in modding and overclocking, do not have money. People who have money are not interested in these niche hobbies,
Speaking on my behalf there?
MOZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread  Reply