Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Lounge > Upgraditis
Register Forgot Password?

Old 12-01-12   #1
Xeo
Th[E] Troll
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
Papa Donger

Vulcanic Fury!

Got these in my mail today!

Short review: Will make a better one if somebody helps me take decent pics.
The soundstage is a closed one with slightly bright highs and the decent bass, nothing ground breaking but the soundstage and the highs clinch it for me. It sounded vaguely similar to the M50 with less bass and a slightly smaller soundstage.
The ANC or Active Noise Cancelling is a feature I have tested and have found to be effective, while this sobers up the highs and mutes down the mids a bit it did noticeably reduce the outside noise leakage.
The 3.5mm cable is detachable with a clip on volume adjuster which also doubles up as a mic muting tool. The mic (tested in TS and Mumble not for singing) does a a very good job of filtering out background noise and outputting what I say and not the sound of my fan as @SEB47 might know.
Detailing is very nice many things I failed to notice in my AD-300 have shown up here, is it worth the Rs.6900 you pay for it? I wouldn't know since I got it for free!
But considering the M50 retails for only slightly more this makes it a tough decision, but the Vulcan gets my vote. The problems of installing the right drivers for getting the Mic to work and all have disappeared with the arrival of the Vulcan.

Only two pics because I iz too lazy.
BIKeINSTEIN likes this.
GTX580 Twin Frozr II
Silent Pro M700
Tempest 410 Elite
Xeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-12   #2
MOZ
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian
That's Me!

Rig Gallery

MOZ is highly ProminentMOZ is highly ProminentMOZ is highly Prominent
Re: Vulcanic Fury!

Congrats!

Lady luck seems to have moved on.
MOZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-12   #3
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
figuring out a movie to watch

KrashNBurn is extremely Eminent
KrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely Eminent

I am still waiting for my goodie for scoring second in the OC competition. *Sigh*

You can run, but you can't hide!

KrashNBurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-12   #4
Konkey Dong
Lawlz?

ViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply Great

Congrats man!

ASUS is sending me one for a review!

@krashnburn dont worry, other guys are waiting for their goodies too!

Last edited by ViKiD; 12-01-12 at 09:16 PM.
ViKiD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-12   #5
Xeo
Th[E] Troll
Papa Donger

Xeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply Great

@MOZ:
Aisa tujhe lagta hai.
@krashnburn: :O
Late latif [E]!
@ViKiD: Do let me know how off my sound analysis is.
I just wrote what I felt while that might not be the case at all.
Post to self: Check ANC with a source with an increasing volume like a tv or something.
Old 12-01-12   #6
Konkey Dong
Lawlz?

ViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply Great

Aye Saar!
Old 12-01-12   #7
teh geeK!
[E]onian
Master Jedi

SEB47 is highly ProminentSEB47 is highly ProminentSEB47 is highly Prominent
Grats :-) yep the mic quality was good :-)

http://bfbc2.statsverse.com/sig/clean9/pc/SEB47.png
http://www.speedtest.net/result/1301111051.png
SEB47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-12   #8
Xeo
Th[E] Troll
Papa Donger

Xeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply Great

@SEB47: Next time I come over Subway's on me.
Old 12-01-12   #9
teh geeK!
[E]onian
Master Jedi

SEB47 is highly ProminentSEB47 is highly ProminentSEB47 is highly Prominent
Originally Posted by Xeo View Post
@SEB47: Next time I come over Subway's on me.
=D

SEB47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-12   #10
MOZ
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian
That's Me!

Rig Gallery

MOZ is highly ProminentMOZ is highly ProminentMOZ is highly Prominent

@MOZ:
Aisa tujhe lagta hai.
Mods have asked to refrain from using regional languages.
MOZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-12   #11
Xeo
Th[E] Troll
Papa Donger

@MOZ: That's what you feel. :/
n00b.
Old 13-01-12   #12
Xeo
Th[E] Troll
Papa Donger

Tested with ANC, its upto a certain threshold, it doesn't cover voices ka frequency but anything from background Bhajan chanting by my Grandma to my noisy fan it cancels out.
Old 22-02-12   #13
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.

BIKeINSTEIN is highly ProminentBIKeINSTEIN is highly ProminentBIKeINSTEIN is highly Prominent

Short review: Will make a better one if somebody helps me take decent pics.
The soundstage is a closed one with slightly bright highs and the decent bass, nothing ground breaking but the soundstage and the highs clinch it for me. It sounded vaguely similar to the M50 with less bass and a slightly smaller soundstage.
The ANC or Active Noise Cancelling is a feature I have tested and have found to be effective, while this sobers up the highs and mutes down the mids a bit it did noticeably reduce the outside noise leakage.
The 3.5mm cable is detachable with a clip on volume adjuster which also doubles up as a mic muting tool. The mic (tested in TS and Mumble not for singing) does a a very good job of filtering out background noise and outputting what I say and not the sound of my fan as @SEB47 might know.
Detailing is very nice many things I failed to notice in my AD-300 have shown up here, is it worth the Rs.6900 you pay for it? I wouldn't know since I got it for free!
But considering the M50 retails for only slightly more this makes it a tough decision, but the Vulcan gets my vote. The problems of installing the right drivers for getting the Mic to work and all have disappeared with the arrival of the Vulcan.
Finally found someone who liked what they got and is using it too.
Can you please check (/PM me your listening experience) in different usage scenarios- such as movies, music, gaming, chat/speech (skype, etc)
And what is that about installing drivers to get the mic to work? :S
Originally Posted by ViKiD View Post
Congrats man! ASUS is sending me one for a review!
Cool- awaiting that or is the review out already? Your listening experience of that should be a good read imho.

Last edited by BIKeINSTEIN; 22-02-12 at 12:22 AM.
BIKeINSTEIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-12   #14
Xeo
Th[E] Troll
Papa Donger

@Bikey: A long PM awaits you!
BIKeINSTEIN likes this.
Old 22-02-12   #15
Konkey Dong
Lawlz?

Originally Posted by BIKeINSTEIN View Post
Cool- awaiting that or is the review out already? Your listening experience of that should be a good read imho.
In the works, was busy with college work and then the Tritton A180 review. Which should be up by Saturday!

Initial impression - ANC and the mic are awesome! Build as well as the comfort is just amazing!

SQ- Pretty good for gaming, but lacks the wide soundstage, one would love. Apart from that pretty leveled across the frequencies. Just lacks the slight punch with the lows.

More soon!
BIKeINSTEIN likes this.
Post New Thread  Reply