Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation
  • Home
  • Forums
  • Articles
  • News
  • Gaming
  • Bazaar
  • Community
  • What's New
  • My Erodov
  • Help
navigation
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Articles > Reviews & Previews
Register Forgot Password?
Follow Erodov on Twitter Follow Us
Join us on FaceBook Join Us
Post New Article  Comment

Article Tools Search this Article
Vengeance 2000 Dolby 7.1 Wireless Gaming Headset Review
Date: 29-09-13
Topic: Reviews & Previews
Author: Haaris Shaikh

Index
Package contents 
Index

Like most enthusiasts/gamers, I have gone through a number of gaming headsets to find the perfect one. I started off with the ones from Steelsteries. I've had the 3H, the 5H, Siberia and then Siberia v2 (which I still have). I also tried a few from Razer. I've had the Carcharias & the Megalodon, then I moved on to the Corsair Vengeance 1500 and I thought I had finally found the one I can settle for. It was far more comfortable than the ones from Steelseries and better sounding than the ones from Razer. Then Corsair sent me the Vengeance 2000 for review.

Like most, I always thought of comfort, sound quality and looks as the things to look for in a headset. Little did I know about the most important thing to look for... the feature that makes the headset an integral part of you... something that you have on and don't even realize its there... something like your glasses or your watch. Lets see if the Vengeance 2000 can be or at least try to be something like that.

Corsair has one of the best enthusiast line up of computer accessories by the name of ‘Vengeance’. The Vengeance 2000 is the first 'wireless audio product' to be released by Corsair. A battery charge of 10 hours of usage, along with the detailed positional audio, reliable voice communication and 7.1 surround that brings in realistic gaming audio with revised USB drivers (version 2.0.7 supporting XP, Vista, W7 & W8) used in combination with a software suite to produce multiple channel surround sound, capable of offering 16-bit/48 KHz playback at a level that makes this absolutely astonishing.

The large 50mm closed-cup drivers with microfiber covered memory foam ear pads and padded headband are the most comfortable headsets I have ever used. Being totally wireless with a range of 40 feet, its absolutely amazing and hassle free. We all know how frustrating wired headsets can be... irritating cable on the shoulder that so often gets tangled. But with the Corsair Vengeance 2000, you not only enjoy the freedom of movement around your PC but you can get up to move around a radius of 40 feet and come back without having to take them off and still be connected, throughout. Lets check all this out in details, shall we...

Features:
  • Completely wireless with a range of up to 40 feet
  • 7.1 Surround sound recreation
  • Up to 10 hour battery life

Headphone Specifications:
  • Frequency Response: 20Hz to 20kHz
  • Impedance: 32 Ohms @ 1kHz
  • Sensitivity: 105dB
  • Drivers: 50mm
  • Connector: USB Type A
  • Wireless range: up to 40 feet (12m)
  • Battery life: Up to 10 hours

Microphone Specifications:
  • Type: Unidirectional noise-cancelling with adjustable, rotating boom
  • Impedance: 2.2k Ohms
  • Frequency Response: 100Hz to 10kHz
  • Sensitivity: -37dB

Index
Package contents 

Tools
Add to hawk's Karma
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
<< <    Next Page: Package contents (Page 1 of 5)    >  >>
By ManISinJpr 29-09-13
Re: Vengeance® 2000 Dolby 7.1 Wireless Gaming Headset

This is superb review by you Hawk..
what is the price of this ?
By vijayninel 03-10-13
Re: Vengeance 2000 Dolby 7.1 Wireless Gaming Headset Review

Great review Hawk I must say these are some of the best looking headsets that I've seen.

I dont know why there is a drop in audio quality just because it is wireless. For this short a range it is theoretically possible to build wireless headsets which are as good as wired ones. Also if Corsair added the ability to connect these to Android/iOS devices then it will be a huge plus.
By The Knight 03-10-13

Great Review!!
By shahbaaz_vision 14-10-13

Buddy.. i was planning to procure these but later decided to buy cm storm sirus true 5.1 wired.
I like wireless but i could not find a true 5.1 wireless headset.
Hence i dont know whether i was a good decision or bad one.
By hawk 14-10-13

I did try the CM Sirus recently and although it was rawking, I found the digital surround much better. Played the same mission on my Vengeance 1500 and the CM Sirus. I felt the virtual surround in the corsair was more precise than the real surround in CM, with positional audio that's essential for situational awareness and knowing where your enemies are.I felt that corsair was better at "emulating the surround sound" than the CM .. maybe coz stuffing a pair of headphones with 8 speakers is a lot less complicated and thou it gives U the real surround, its not successful in being precise with the positioning.

Apart from that, the Sirus was a pleasure to use. Pretty comfy, very nice sound and the "real" feel was noticeable. IMO, a v.good choice.

Originally Posted by hawk View Post
I did try the CM Sirus recently and although it was rawking, I found the digital surround much better. Played the same mission on my Vengeance 1500 and the CM Sirus. I felt the virtual surround in the corsair was more precise than the real surround in CM, with positional audio that's essential for situational awareness and knowing where your enemies are.I felt that corsair was better at "emulating the surround sound" than the CM .. maybe coz stuffing a pair of headphones with 8 speakers is a lot less complicated and thou it gives U the real surround, its not successful in being precise with the positioning.

Apart from that, the Sirus was a pleasure to use. Pretty comfy, very nice sound and the "real" feel was noticeable. IMO, a v.good choice.
Apart from Vengeance and Sirus, Can Razer Chimera 5.1 Wireless Headset come in comparison of this?
I don't know whether it is pure or virtual surround, but it has an respectable review.

I recently started getting pain in my ears after starting to use CM Sirus i dont know whether it is something else or only the headphones.
I am mostly on CS: Source, can that be a problem?
By hawk 14-10-13

No clue abt the Razer Chimera .. haven't seen it in person yet. But yes, I found the vengeance 2000 more comfortable than the Sirus. Dunno how exactly but the way it fits, is different.

My with vengeance, I did notice some pain over extended use when I had my BOSS Orange glasses (with a thick side arm that goes behind the ear) .. but that was only because of the glasses and the min. I change em for my Oxydo glasses (with thin side arm) it was all good

My Sirus use was only for abt an hr .. so I don't really know how it feels over extended use. I neva compared the cup size of the Sirus with the vengeance. Vengeance has a internal of ~6cm .. compare it to ur Sirus and we may find a reason for ur ear ache.
By realandR3cys 14-10-13

Nice review indeed Hawk!
Yes, although this virtualised Stereo 2.0 will never match up to the quality of a True 5.1/7.1, the headset is actually VFM due to being wireless.
But it all comes down to preference. I personally try to avoid virtual surround ones as they tend to rust-in over period of time.

Anyways, good job

Originally Posted by hawk View Post
No clue abt the Razer Chimera .. haven't seen it in person yet. But yes, I found the vengeance 2000 more comfortable than the Sirus. Dunno how exactly but the way it fits, is different.

My with vengeance, I did notice some pain over extended use when I had my BOSS Orange glasses (with a thick side arm that goes behind the ear) .. but that was only because of the glasses and the min. I change em for my Oxydo glasses (with thin side arm) it was all good

My Sirus use was only for abt an hr .. so I don't really know how it feels over extended use. I neva compared the cup size of the Sirus with the vengeance. Vengeance has a internal of ~6cm .. compare it to ur Sirus and we may find a reason for ur ear ache.
Thanks for the info and yup as everyone would not differ this indeed is a good short and clean review.
By uniquegamer 17-10-13

Very good review.
And price is okay.
But now i am happy with my old siberia v2.
Post New Article  Comment
Please share with friends!

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search