Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Lounge > Everything Under the Sun
Register Forgot Password?

Old 15-04-13   #46
Unelected
Administrator
Meum pactum dictum

Rig Gallery
Re: UID Project Set to Be Trashed

Originally Posted by shantanugoel View Post
I don't understand how Aadhar will help fight corruption. Can someone enlighten me?
BTW, I got my card made recently. The guy sitting at the counter was accepting all applications. The ones who had some missing documentation, he asked for 100 bucks and said he will get it done (and uploaded their data and gave them the receipt and all)
It is not meant to fight corruption, it is meant to establish ones identity. Also you need not pay any money for the card, it is free of cost. The person asking for Rs 100 for the card is cheating people and should be reported.
ManISinJpr likes this.
Old 15-04-13   #47
Jason Bourne
Community Moderator
Mushtakhanda !!!

ManISinJpr is extremely Noble
ManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely Noble

Yes it will help ( how much is a guess ) fight corruption, let me explain.

When the govt grants money for schemes or gives subsidies or passes the pds stuff for people ( and many other things ) it is mostly scuttled away by people who are corrupt, the politicians and the bureaucrats etc all hand in hand..
so to pass on max benefits directly to the person or citizen they would be opened a bank account and that will be a moveable one.. !
the money will for all schemes will be transferred to that account and the would get all products at market value..

now if a person in a village has to scuttle money, he would need to be superbly powerful to gather all people and loot their money or have as many people as the number of people having false and duplicate accounts who will pass on the money to him ! or them..

this will make the process very very difficult.. that is the point..
I don't understand how Aadhar will help fight corruption. Can someone enlighten me?
BTW, I got my card made recently. The guy sitting at the counter was accepting all applications. The ones who had some missing documentation, he asked for 100 bucks and said he will get it done (and uploaded their data and gave them the receipt and all)

ManISinJpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-13   #48
TNT
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
:censored:

TNT is very Notable

The UID project will fight corruption by monitoring all monetary transactions. No one shall be able to buy or sell anything without it. This will prevent people from stealing money, withholding money meant for others, or bribing their way out of messy situations. As for the holders of undisclosed rupees stored in foreign bank accounts, they won't be able to utilize any of it as no one will accept those currency notes from them.

Further, corrupt people and corporations will not be able to evade their taxes. The taxes will be deducted automatically by the electronic transaction system, which does not rely on manipulable chartered accountants or self-centered businessmen.

TNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-13   #49
teh smartie pantS!
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
Tinkering...

shantanugoel is highly Admirableshantanugoel is highly Admirableshantanugoel is highly Admirableshantanugoel is highly Admirableshantanugoel is highly Admirable

Thanks for the answers