Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation
  • Home
  • Forums
  • Articles
  • News
  • Gaming
  • Bazaar
  • Community
  • What's New
  • My Erodov
  • Help
navigation
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Hardware Zone > Cooling and Overclocking
Register Forgot Password?

Old 10-01-11   #1
teh geeK!
[E]onian
blah blah booooo @_@

Rig Gallery
Types of Cooling and Advice

hey guys i wanted to know what the different types of cooling options are available other than air,wc and lnc.also how much will a full system wc or an lnc setup cost in india?

Last edited by coolgame; 10-01-11 at 05:03 PM.
coolgame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-11   #2
Idiki gold ftw.
Community Moderator
I havent set my status yet.

Rig Gallery

Xanan is simply GreatXanan is simply GreatXanan is simply GreatXanan is simply GreatXanan is simply GreatXanan is simply GreatXanan is simply GreatXanan is simply GreatXanan is simply GreatXanan is simply GreatXanan is simply Great
Re: Types of Cooling and Advice

Originally Posted by coolgame View Post
hey guys i wanted to know what the different types of cooling options are available other than air,wc and lnc.also how much will a full system wc or an lnc setup cost in india?
Well, for starters, there's passive cooling, mineral oil cooling (I guess that comes under Liquid Cooling) and Dry Ice (similar to LNC but you don't get temps in minus). Aside from this, there's Peltier cooling as well.

LNC is not practical to incorparate for the entire system as it is an open-ended system- the LN evaporates and is lost, which means that you'll have to keep buying it all the time. It is suitable for benching only. A decent WC kit will cost you close to 10-15K or more for GPU, CPU and NB. You'll have to invest in WBs for CPU, NB and GPU, as well as a pump (or more if you plan to have multiple loops), one or more decent Rads and a reservoir. Premade kits are also available for as low as 5-6 K which cool only the CPU. Unless and until you plan to OC your system a lot, and absolutely cannot stand any noise, I'd recommend you spend the money on a good air-cooler. It has lesser maintainence, and a good cooler will match a premade kit in terms of performance and noise.
Project: reWenge
On Hold: Project: Flux

Xanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-11   #3
Banned

Rig Gallery

Sumonpathak is extremely Renowned
Sumonpathak is extremely RenownedSumonpathak is extremely RenownedSumonpathak is extremely Renowned

well......there are many options available.....if you need i can post an huge thread
for starters read this

Cause I won't wait for the debt to be repaid

Time has come for you

Sumonpathak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-11   #4
teh geeK!
[E]onian
blah blah booooo @_@

Rig Gallery

coolgame is highly Reputablecoolgame is highly Reputablecoolgame is highly Reputablecoolgame is highly Reputable

ill be buying a pc with haf x soon and wanna try some benching.as i wont be having any money left after buying my rig(including an h70 cpu cooler), i was thinking about trying to create a freezing mixture using salt+ice .it will give a drop upto -20 deg(studied in chemistry somewhere)
refer

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cooling_bath

my idea is to make some arrangement to keep the mixture very near to the side and front intake fans(outside the chassis) so that i can get cold air sucked into the chassis to cool the mobo.as availability is not a problem, i can try this setup for benching purpose only.will there be any adverse effects of this?
Old 10-01-11   #5
Banned

Rig Gallery

Sumonpathak is extremely RenownedSumonpathak is extremely RenownedSumonpathak is extremely Renowned

dont buy h70...try the noctua nhd14.......wayy better than the h70
Old 10-01-11   #6
teh geeK!
[E]onian
blah blah booooo @_@

Rig Gallery

coolgame is highly Reputablecoolgame is highly Reputablecoolgame is highly Reputablecoolgame is highly Reputable

price

---------- Post added at 06:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:47 PM ----------

i thot wc was better than air cooling
Old 10-01-11   #7
Idiki gold ftw.
Community Moderator

Rig Gallery

Xanan is simply GreatXanan is simply GreatXanan is simply GreatXanan is simply GreatXanan is simply GreatXanan is simply GreatXanan is simply GreatXanan is simply GreatXanan is simply GreatXanan is simply GreatXanan is simply Great

ill be buying a pc with haf x soon and wanna try some benching.as i wont be having any money left after buying my rig(including an h70 cpu cooler), i was thinking about trying to create a freezing mixture using salt+ice .it will give a drop upto -20 deg(studied in chemistry somewhere)
refer

Cooling bath - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

my idea is to make some arrangement to keep the mixture very near to the side and front intake fans(outside the chassis) so that i can get cold air sucked into the chassis to cool the mobo.as availability is not a problem, i can try this setup for benching purpose only.will there be any adverse effects of this?
Won't really work if you are thinking that the mix will chill the air near it and that cooled air will go inside the case and if you get colder air than room temp inside the case, you're inviting humidity as well.

What you can instead try is placing the cabbie near an ac- that'll work better. Or, if you are the patient and hardworking type, you can build a WC kit yourself from junk parts. Rads from cars, 12v fuel pump can be used as inline pump, a coolant container can be used as reservoir. The WB can be milled, and for tubing, well that's up to you.
Xanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-11   #8
Banned

Rig Gallery

WC is wayy better but if you custom built it.........Noctua wiil be priced somewhere in the range of 3.5k......

---------- Post added at 06:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:53 PM ----------

12v fuel pump
explain......................plz.............
Old 10-01-11   #9
teh geeK!
[E]onian
blah blah booooo @_@

Rig Gallery

thanx.n i will be putting a ram cooler to.so will the noctua be blocking it??cause i heard it is very big
Old 10-01-11   #10
Banned

Rig Gallery

dont think so...check the sizes of both the coolers.......
Old 10-01-11   #11
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
figuring out a movie to watch

KrashNBurn is extremely Eminent
KrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely Eminent

thanx.n i will be putting a ram cooler to.so will the noctua be blocking it??cause i heard it is very big
Depends on your motherboard layout IMO. Some boards have enough clearance between CPU socket and RAM slots, others dont. Noctua does give you the option to install the fan slightly high there by giving clearance for RAM coolers/RAM modules with tall heat sinks. However it would be hard to predict. If you post the details of the board and RAM cooler you plan to use some people might be able to suggest the possibility.

You can run, but you can't hide!

KrashNBurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-11   #12
Xeo
Th[E] Troll
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
Papa Donger

Xeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply Great

Fan placement isn't a problem.
One can place one fan in middle and the other fan near the rear of the HS.
But placement of this thread is a great problem.
I don't see how cooling types relates to Digital work.
@Krash: You should be work harder!
GTX580 Twin Frozr II
Silent Pro M700
Tempest 410 Elite
Xeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-11   #13
teh zeuS!
[E]onian

KrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely Eminent

Originally Posted by Xeo View Post
Fan placement isn't a problem.
One can place one fan in middle and the other fan near the rear of the HS.
But placement of this thread is a great problem.
I don't see how cooling types relates to Digital work.
@Krash: You should be work harder!
Haha. Knock it off Xeo.

But I really think the layout needs to considered before buying either the CPU cooler or the RAM cooler. Also you may be able to mount the CPU cooler such that it vents the air through the top exhaust.

Oh yeah, whats the thread doing in the lounge !?
Old 11-01-11   #14
teh geeK!
[E]onian
blah blah booooo @_@

Rig Gallery

i m planning to buy a sandy bridge setup wid a p67 mobo n ripjaws x ram.mobo not decided.what do u think of noctua ndh14 vs h70 vs Scythe Yasya?

Last edited by coolgame; 11-01-11 at 11:29 AM.
Old 11-01-11   #15
teh zeuS!
[E]onian

From what I have heard, I would bet on the Noctua more than the H70. Not sure about the Scythe Yasya.
Once you finalise the motherboard, post here and am sure people can look at it and make an educated guess.

EDIT: Can someone please move this thread to the right section please?
Post New Thread  Reply