Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation
  • Home
  • Forums
  • Articles
  • News
  • Gaming
  • Bazaar
  • Community
  • What's New
  • My Erodov
  • Help
navigation
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Articles > Reviews & Previews
Register Forgot Password?
Follow Erodov on Twitter Follow Us
Join us on FaceBook Join Us
Post New Article  Closed Article

Article Tools Search this Article
Twitter - what, why and how?
Twitter - what, why and how?
Date: 08-03-10
Topic: Reviews & Previews
Author: Prash

Index
Home 
Bit of history and stuff

Can't believe you made it all the way till here ! Hooray ! And I was beginning to think that people hated History. Anyway, I'm going to cut to the chase, again.

1. The twitter Trio

Twitter is the brainchild of Jack Dorsey and the idea was inspired by an SMS group messaging service called "TXTMob". Jack Dorsey started Twitter in 2006 along with co-founders Evan Williams and Biz Stone.

Williams, Stone and Dorsey - the Twitter Trio

2. The original name of Twitter - "twttr"
The actual name for this service was going to be "twttr" which was inspired by the famous photo sharing/streaming site Flickr.

3. An early blue print of the Twitter - Jack Dorsey's sketch.

This picture has lot of history attached with it, and it did take a lot of time for the twitter trio to take the idea from a sketch to what it is now. But that history will make an article by itself, so some other time. The project was started on March, 2006 and the first ever twitter message was "just setting up my twttr"

4. The last stuff:
This one doesn't fit anywhere else, but I thought it could be mentioned (may be for some dramatic effect eh?). The picture speaks for itself.

That's it for now folks, gotta sleep (it's 3.30 AM!). As it is rightly said, it is done when it is done, and when it is done, it is done (yeah, I really should sleep). Happy tweeting.

Oh, btw here's my twitter address - Prashanth (yourprash) on Twitter. Let's be friends there too. And as you might have already heard, we are coming up with a revamped [E] twitter space for you and I promise it will be a lot of fun to follow your [E]. Will keep you informed.

Ciao. More to come later.

Regards,
Prashanth

Index
Home 

Tools
Add to Prash's Karma
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
<<  <    (Page 3 of 3)    > >>
By vijayninel 08-03-10
Re: Twitter - what, why and how?

Oh so thats what its all about ...! I was just wondering why Shashi Tharoor keeps getting into trouble with this twitter thing..
By Cyn1c 08-03-10

Nice little writeup Prash! Should get people started and we shall be successful in our mission for world dominance while the squirrels die outside our window panes!
By blufox 08-03-10

Okay so you tweet randomly.
I am sure there will be a paranoid tweeting disorder where people will fart out anything they do and like or dislike... e.g
OMG...nooo... wtf was that... did you see that... you know... . [Oh no I just brainfarted :-/]

Well nice writeup, I ll skip the tweet wagon fro now .

Thank you very much.
By hgpras 08-03-10

nice one pk...
By stonedsurd 08-03-10

I must confess, I'm a bit of a twitter junkie

Great writeup, most enlightening.
By vinny_wills 17-08-10

Thats was a good write up.
By Stuge 17-08-10