Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Hardware Zone > Monitors and Displays
Register Forgot Password?

Old 21-01-14   #1
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
Looking for 21"+ LED

TV Cum Monitor Combo

Hi friends

I need a 22-24" monitor which also works as a TV such that if we insert a pen drive to play movies, there should not be the need to be it connected to the PC. I.e. it should be able to work independently and I should also be able to connect the dish tv connection to it.

My primary work is TV and secondary work is monitor.

Budget: 14K

Regards
rohitshakti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-14   #2
Patient_Zero
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
Zombie Enthusiast

realandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly Admirable
Re: TV Cum Monitor Combo

If your first preference is getting TV like experience, you should probably get a TV instead.
You'd easily get a 22" FHD TV in that budget, also along with your other requirements, and also can use it as a monitor via the HDMI.
Would suggest this
Samsung 22F5100 (Joy Series) 22 Inches Full HD Slim LED Television - Buy Online @ Snapdeal.com
realandR3cys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-14   #3
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
Looking for 21"+ LED

rohitshakti is Mysterious

Originally Posted by realandR3cys View Post
If your first preference is getting TV like experience, you should probably get a TV instead.
You'd easily get a 22" FHD TV in that budget, also along with your other requirements, and also can use it as a monitor via the HDMI.
Would suggest this
Samsung 22F5100 (Joy Series) 22 Inches Full HD Slim LED Television - Buy Online @ Snapdeal.com

I want to play games on my pc for 1-2 hrs a day and I can't do that on a TV I suppose.
Old 22-01-14   #4
Patient_Zero
Zombie Enthusiast

realandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly Admirable
Originally Posted by rohitshakti View Post
I want to play games on my pc for 1-2 hrs a day and I can't do that on a TV I suppose.
And why not?
Input lag was a problem in the older days, but now it dosen't anyway with the new crop of LED TVs. Just connect via HDMI and off you go.

If you still plan on getting a monitor, you can take the BenQ EW2430.
Comes with all the requirements you have.

And what DishTV setup box you have? The SD with only the composite output, or HD box with HDMI?
Old 22-01-14   #5
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
Looking for 21"+ LED

TVs are meant to be looked from fur distance as compared to a monitor. Pizexl density in monitor is much higher than that in a TV. if you sit close to a TV, you'll not be able to see things sharp. they will appear sharp only if watched from a distance.

I am currently using normal Dish Set top box without HD.

Does anything looks good from here:

http://www.pcworld.in/best-buys/top-...cd-monitors/mn
herecomesmaggi likes this.

Last edited by rohitshakti; 22-01-14 at 11:30 AM.
Old 22-01-14   #6
Patient_Zero
Zombie Enthusiast

Pizexl density in monitor is much higher than that in a TV.
That is ONLY and ONLY dependant on the size & res of the TV.
A 22" 1080p TV (in this case) will have the same pixel density as a 22" 1080p monitor.

It's only when you increase the size, they look awful (same with monitors too). A 27" 1440p/1080p monitor will obviously have better pixel density than a 32" 1080p TV.
So, it all depends on size & res.

And since you're using the SD box and if you get a monitor, get a VGA/HDMI-to-Composite adapters to plug that box to your monitor. The BenQ EW2430V (notice the "V") comes with composite connectors, but it's not available in India. If you get it locally, then fine.

Otherwise the EW2430 dosen't come with composite connectors and you've to get that adapter.
Old 22-01-14   #7
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
Looking for 21"+ LED

Originally Posted by realandR3cys View Post
That is ONLY and ONLY dependant on the size & res of the TV.
A 22" 1080p TV (in this case) will have the same pixel density as a 22" 1080p monitor.

It's only when you increase the size, they look awful (same with monitors too). A 27" 1440p/1080p monitor will obviously have better pixel density than a 32" 1080p TV.
So, it all depends on size & res.

And since you're using the SD box and if you get a monitor, get a VGA/HDMI-to-Composite adapters to plug that box to your monitor. The BenQ EW2430V (notice the "V") comes with composite connectors, but it's not available in India. If you get it locally, then fine.

Otherwise the EW2430 dosen't come with composite connectors and you've to get that adapter.
Other than 2430, which monitor come with composite connectors?

Old 22-01-14   #8
Patient_Zero
Zombie Enthusiast

Other than 2430, which monitor come with composite connectors?

None that i know of.
As composite function is totally obsolete these days and people have moved onto HDMI, you wouldn't find any new model today with those.

Either settle with the TV (that's why suggested in the first place) or get a Composite-to-VGA adapter
Old 22-01-14   #9
teh nuB!
I havent set my status yet.

meetdriver is Mysterious

you can use external tv tuner box with monitor

meetdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-14   #10
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
Looking for 21"+ LED

---------- Post added at 07:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:43 PM ----------

Is this composite connector?

After all the research I have done while buying a gaming monitor for myself.
I have realised this

21.5" - Philips IPS LED 227E3QPHSU/94
Firm link : Philips - Consumer Products
Review link: http://techforumindia.com/index.php?topic=7282.0

23" - AOC i2369Vm ( coz it has a HDMI-MHL input)
Firm link - AOC Product
Review link : AOC i2369Vm Review - PC Monitors

Others would suggest you Dell S2340L and Dell S2240L, AOC i2367FH, or Dell 2312HM. But the above 2 are best in their class.

AOC's 21.5 variant can also be considered - i2269vwm.

Read the above in a question on this forum...

Old 22-01-14   #11
Patient_Zero
Zombie Enthusiast

---------- Post added at 07:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:43 PM ----------

I have realised this

Firm link - AOC Product

Others would suggest you Dell S2340L and Dell S2240L, AOC i2367FH, or Dell 2312HM. But the above 2 are best in their class.

Read the above in a question on this forum...

Yes, those are composite cables.

And the models you listed, except the U2312HM, neither of them even has USB ports.
Are you totally sure what you actually want?
Old 23-01-14   #12
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
Looking for 21"+ LED

I think I need a monitor, external TV tuner card may do but what connectors, I m not sure.

---------- Post added at 10:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 AM ----------

[quote=rohitshakti;911286]

I have realised this

Firm link - AOC Product

Read the above in a question on this forum here:

Suggest a Good Monitor For Gaming

Secondly, there are converters avlb. in market for rca cable to dvi etc. so there should'nt be a problem (as per me)

Last edited by rohitshakti; 23-01-14 at 05:07 PM.
Old 23-01-14   #13
Patient_Zero
Zombie Enthusiast

Get the BenQ E2430 or the Dell U2312HM.
If you get the Dell, do remember it dosen't come with HDMI ports (the reason why i didn't suggested in the first place).

However both has USB ports as per your requirements.
Old 23-01-14   #14
teh priesT!
[E]onian
GPU !!! Kaput ... :( :(

herecomesmaggi is very Honorableherecomesmaggi is very Honorable

If you are going to use it for pc even for a 1 hour then I will suggest a ips panel..
Thing is I am using LG M2241A. It works gr8 as tv but as a pc monitor it's not sharp (not even like cheap panels) though it has all required by OP. But I won't recommend TV cum monitor for pc use. I can print screen and upload if requested.. though it won't be visible as you all will be looking it from your HD monitors

Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor Overclocked @ 4.2GHZ. |||| Corsair CWCH60 CPU Cooler. |||| Gigabyte G1 Sniper M3 Z77 Motherboard. |||| Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 @1600 Mhz (Dual Channel).|||| WD Caviar Blue 500 GB + WD Caviar Green 2 TB(WD20EARX).|||| Zotac 460 GTS (560 sold, Saving Money For 660Ti).|||| Corsair 300R With Rubber Padding And 4 Fans.|||| Corsair GS 600v2.|||| Asus DRW-24B5ST.|||| LG - M2341A.|||| UPS: 800VA Microtek.|||| Keyboard: Microsoft. |||| Mouce: Kinzu. |||| Pad: Golliath And A Xbox Controller.
Will Soon Update : kraken x60 cooler
Gadgets
Gameboy Advance, PsP 3004 , Ps1 , Ps2 Hdd Modded, Ps3 320GB, Nokia 6700s, Pantech burst, Apple Ipad Gen 4 , Sony Handycam 80GB , Nikon Digital Cam.
Will Update Soon: Dslr cam
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______________________________________
A thing about Idiots, they drag you from your level of expertise to their level of stupidity, then beat you with their experience !!!
[Please Forgive My Camel Texts !!!]
Old 25-01-14   #15
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
Looking for 21"+ LED

Originally Posted by herecomesmaggi View Post
If you are going to use it for pc even for a 1 hour then I will suggest a ips panel..
Thing is I am using LG M2241A. It works gr8 as tv but as a pc monitor it's not sharp (not even like cheap panels) though it has all required by OP. But I won't recommend TV cum monitor for pc use. I can print screen and upload if requested.. though it won't be visible as you all will be looking it from your HD monitors

Thanks for comments. Can u suggest monitor, hd TV tuner for me & pls tell if it would be possible to see movies via pen drive directly on monitor without opening pc.

Post New Thread  Reply