Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.
Loading

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Hardware Zone > Monitors and Displays
Register Forgot Password?

 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 27-01-14   #16
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
Looking for 21"+ LED
 
 
rohitshakti's Avatar

Re: TV Cum Monitor Combo


Waiting.....

__________________
Looking for processor, mobo & HDD on sale.
rohitshakti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-14   #17
teh priesT!
[E]onian
GTA 4 PC
 
 
satyanjoy's Avatar
Rig Gallery
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 677
satyanjoy is highly Prominentsatyanjoy is highly Prominentsatyanjoy is highly Prominent
Re: TV Cum Monitor Combo

Originally Posted by rohitshakti View Post
Waiting.....

which TV connection do u have ? If possible upgrade to a HD setup box which take HDMI connection and get a good 24 inch monitor.
__________________
Intel i5 3470 | B75M-D3H | 2*4 GB Kingston HyperX Blue | GTX 1060 6gb | Samsung 840 120GB | Seasonic S12II 620 | Corsair 400R | WDC 640 aaks | Seagate 1TB | Corsair Vengeance K70 Brown | Logitech G27 | Logitech G302 | Logitech Attack 3 | BenQ G2420HD | JBL Creature III | APC RS1100 | Win10 Pro | Xbox360 Controller | WinXpSP3 | PS2 NTSC 77001 | Steam ID: satyanjoy | Origin: SatyaDG
satyanjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-14   #18
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
Looking for 21"+ LED
 
 
rohitshakti's Avatar

 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 269
rohitshakti is Mysterious
Re: TV Cum Monitor Combo

Originally Posted by satyanjoy View Post
which TV connection do u have ? If possible upgrade to a HD setup box which take HDMI connection and get a good 24 inch monitor.
Yes I will be upgrading the connection to Videocon D2H in Feb 2014.
rohitshakti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-14   #19
teh priesT!
[E]onian
GPU !!! Kaput ... :( :(
 
 
herecomesmaggi's Avatar

 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Every Where ;)
Posts: 847
herecomesmaggi is very Honorableherecomesmaggi is very Honorable
Re: TV Cum Monitor Combo

Upgrading connection to other dish service won't fix anything but updating to HD connection will definitely solve problem as its set-top box contains HDMI port that would give u opportunity to hook up with any pc panel having HDMI port. Though u have to choose a panel with built in speakers and make sure that panel is hdcp compatible...
Since u are also asking for USB port plug n play compatibility, AFAIK I know that is offered in LED TV only as a pc panel won't have such requirements.

IMHO, Your needs in a panel is much more inclined towards a TV. So my opinion is get a HD TV, of a good company with good refresh rate.
Since u would be playing games and watching movies only for sometime per day that would not effect the quality as movies won't be full hd or games.

2nd thing is, Watching TV on panel is complete pain in ass. You can't calibrate colors, brightness, sound being mobile. Low resolution things will be totally off pixel. Anti aliasing on channels will be bad till hd connection kicks in.

I u think u are gonna use this panel for computing / other pc work then getting pc panel is Gud choice but for games and movies hdtv is fine choice.



---------- Post added at 06:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:12 PM ----------

Further : Don't worry of response times.. Till 10-20 ms you aren't going to realize that. Only fps players like CS 1.6/ source etc can get the difference by 20ms.

__________________
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______________________________________
Pc Specs
Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor Overclocked @ 4.2GHZ. |||| Corsair CWCH60 CPU Cooler. |||| Gigabyte G1 Sniper M3 Z77 Motherboard. |||| Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 @1600 Mhz (Dual Channel).|||| WD Caviar Blue 500 GB + WD Caviar Green 2 TB(WD20EARX).|||| Zotac 460 GTS (560 sold, Saving Money For 660Ti).|||| Corsair 300R With Rubber Padding And 4 Fans.|||| Corsair GS 600v2.|||| Asus DRW-24B5ST.|||| LG - M2341A.|||| UPS: 800VA Microtek.|||| Keyboard: Microsoft. |||| Mouce: Kinzu. |||| Pad: Golliath And A Xbox Controller.
Will Soon Update : kraken x60 cooler
Gadgets
Gameboy Advance, PsP 3004 , Ps1 , Ps2 Hdd Modded, Ps3 320GB, Nokia 6700s, Pantech burst, Apple Ipad Gen 4 , Sony Handycam 80GB , Nikon Digital Cam.
Will Update Soon: Dslr cam
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______________________________________
A thing about Idiots, they drag you from your level of expertise to their level of stupidity, then beat you with their experience !!!
[Please Forgive My Camel Texts !!!]
__________________
herecomesmaggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-14   #20
teh priesT!
[E]onian
GTA 4 PC
 
 
satyanjoy's Avatar
Rig Gallery
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 677
satyanjoy is highly Prominentsatyanjoy is highly Prominentsatyanjoy is highly Prominent
Re: TV Cum Monitor Combo

In short - get a DTH connection with HD setup box (make sure the box has HDMI output) with HD channel Package (optional) and a good full HD 24 or 32 inch TV from any reputed brand( for fast input respone, look out for gaming mod in the TV). 24 inch size will be easier on eyes if you sit closer to the tv/monitor, 32 incher is best if you sit in a distance of 5-6 feet.
satyanjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-14   #21
teh nuB!
I havent set my status yet.
 

 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Kochi
Posts: 7
Varma is Mysterious
Re: TV Cum Monitor Combo

Currently Samsung has a TV+ Monitor Combo device in Indian market.. It havebuilt-in DTV tuner and USB media player+ can work as a monitor.

Something similar to this - 24" Class LED / HDTV Monitor | Samsung Office T24B350ND or http://www.samsung.com/us/computer/m.../LT22B350ND/ZA

I think here in local market its priced around 22K for 24inch TV+monitor combo. One nice think about them are, you will get 3 years warranty on this , instead if you go for a TV you will only get 1 year warranty
Varma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-14   #22
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
Looking for 21"+ LED
 
 
rohitshakti's Avatar

 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 269
rohitshakti is Mysterious
Re: TV Cum Monitor Combo

Originally Posted by Varma View Post
Currently Samsung has a TV+ Monitor Combo device in Indian market.. It havebuilt-in DTV tuner and USB media player+ can work as a monitor.

Something similar to this - 24" Class LED / HDTV Monitor | Samsung Office T24B350ND or http://www.samsung.com/us/computer/m.../LT22B350ND/ZA

I think here in local market its priced around 22K for 24inch TV+monitor combo. One nice think about them are, you will get 3 years warranty on this , instead if you go for a TV you will only get 1 year warranty
Thanks for information but it seems they have already added a TV in that budget as a 22 inch led TV or a 12 inch monitor comes within 12k.

rohitshakti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-14   #23
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
Looking for 21"+ LED
 
 
rohitshakti's Avatar

 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 269
rohitshakti is Mysterious
Re: TV Cum Monitor Combo

Originally Posted by herecomesmaggi View Post
Upgrading connection to other dish service won't fix anything but updating to HD connection will definitely solve problem as its set-top box contains HDMI port that would give u opportunity to hook up with any pc panel having HDMI port. Though u have to choose a panel with built in speakers and make sure that panel is hdcp compatible...
Since u are also asking for USB port plug n play compatibility, AFAIK I know that is offered in LED TV only as a pc panel won't have such requirements.

IMHO, Your needs in a panel is much more inclined towards a TV. So my opinion is get a HD TV, of a good company with good refresh rate.
Since u would be playing games and watching movies only for sometime per day that would not effect the quality as movies won't be full hd or games.

2nd thing is, Watching TV on panel is complete pain in ass. You can't calibrate colors, brightness, sound being mobile. Low resolution things will be totally off pixel. Anti aliasing on channels will be bad till hd connection kicks in.

I u think u are gonna use this panel for computing / other pc work then getting pc panel is Gud choice but for games and movies hdtv is fine choice.



---------- Post added at 06:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:12 PM ----------

Further : Don't worry of response times.. Till 10-20 ms you aren't going to realize that. Only fps players like CS 1.6/ source etc can get the difference by 20ms.

Thanks. Pls also suggest a model...

rohitshakti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-14   #24
teh priesT!
[E]onian
GPU !!! Kaput ... :( :(
 
 
herecomesmaggi's Avatar

 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Every Where ;)
Posts: 847
herecomesmaggi is very Honorableherecomesmaggi is very Honorable
Re: TV Cum Monitor Combo

I have seen most of the TV cum monitors during my purchase. Finally i gave up for LG M2341A (Due to budget restrictions) I got a deal + requirements were sufficed. I dont want a bulky Monitor as my room already has heck of electronics rugged here nd there
I only needed to hook up my PS3 to HDMI Port, Old Laptop with VGA Port to it and DVDPlayer with RGB port. (My Dads old Laptop / HCL with broken screen is attached to it ). I got it from a dealer imported from ARAB of Rs. 11600/-
Though it is not fit of computing as it gives little bit blurry text on computing. Rest is gud . But what can I say back in 2011 It was just start for these Dual system monitors.
I was also searching same for my Uncle then I had a look on Samsung P2370HD. Have a look at it. it will be available of 12-13k and by my opinion it is one of sharpest and gr8 tv cum monitor . Best bang of buck eh.....
though i Suggest u to go and look yourself the sharpness , functions of TV yourself at any Samsung Store.


Regards

---------- Post added at 04:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:03 PM ----------

Originally Posted by rohitshakti View Post
Thanks. Pls also suggest a model...
P.S. You can Call now... I was in traffic that time
herecomesmaggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread  Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WTBCPU | Mobo | Ram Looking for a I3 Combo gangadhartnl Closed/Completed Deals 22 26-07-13 12:56 PM
For Trade: LG D2342P 23" 3D Monitor for a Non-3D Normal Monitor dash2009 Closed/Completed Deals 10 26-07-12 01:00 AM
Which is a Better Combo Kundya Cameras and Photography Equipment 4 31-08-10 12:41 PM
Full HD Monitor or Monitor TV - 22-24 inch -Budget Rs. 15000 dj_rock Monitors and Displays 11 12-08-09 10:18 AM
ASUS shows T1 series TV, monitor combo vijayninel Interesting News on the Web 7 15-07-09 12:58 PM


Tags
combo, cum, monitor
All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 04:10 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.