Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation
  • Home
  • Forums
  • Articles
  • News
  • Gaming
  • Bazaar
  • Community
  • What's New
  • My Erodov
  • Help
navigation
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Articles > Reviews & Previews
Register Forgot Password?
Follow Erodov on Twitter Follow Us
Join us on FaceBook Join Us
Post New Article  Comment

Article Tools Search this Article
Total War : Shogun 2 PC Review
Japan and its heritage
Date: 14-07-11
Topic: Reviews & Previews
Author: krishna

Pros:
1. Excellent graphics 2. Improved AI 3. Intricate campaigns

Cons:
1. Long play time 2. Multiplayer still with issues
Index
Gameplay 
Index

The first ever Total War to be released was named Total War: Shogun. It was quite simplistic in its outlook and consisted of the task of capturing entire Japan using your administrative and military prowess. It was a smashing hit. This started rolling the Total War bandwagon. One after another creative assembly rolled out several Total War including Rome: Total War and the massive Total War: Empire Earth. In the recent edition creative assembly once again pays homage to the first Total War game by bringing to us Total War: shogun 2. The present game has a lot to live up to considering its heritage. Will it live up to the challenge? Let us see.

Shogun 2 is once again placed in the Sengoku Jidai period of Japan's history. Sengoku Jidai is more popularly known in English as "Waring states period". The Onin War has ravaged the country through and through. Japan a once mighty empire now is in shambles. It has been reduced from its former glory to a bunch of ravaging provinces each with their warlords bent on acquiring japan for themselves. Honor though is not lost completely as majority of these warlords had fought during the Onin wars or bore witness to it. Time has come to join Japan into one big empire it was and restore its former glory. The Player plays the role of daimyo or the leader of one clan. His sole aim is to conquer as many provinces as possible and unite Japan. Shogun 2 utilizes the Art of War written by Sun Tzu as its bible and follows its principles avidly.

The Game starts with the introduction "All things that begin must end". We are then launched into a feud between two clans wherein one person from each is elected to fight. The introduction video ends by one side clamoring up the wall of the other.. So far it seems like the original shogun. Lets see what they have changed though.

Index
Gameplay 

Tools
Add to mrcool63's Karma
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
<< <    Next Page: Gameplay (Page 1 of 6)    >  >>
By MOZ 19-07-11
Re: Total War : Shogun 2 PC Review

Great review!
By mrcool63 19-07-11

thanks man.
By Xeo 19-07-11

Excellent review.
And I believe its Bushido not Buchido.
By commieguerra 19-07-11

nice review mate
By mrcool63 19-07-11

thanks guys. nice eye xeo
By wingzero 24-07-11

Good review bro. Although i won't be playing this.
By hem1 23-08-11

LOOKS GOOD,,BRUUUUUUUMMMMMM.........>>>>>>
By pretttt 20-12-11

I know this review is quite old, but I must say this is by far the best review I've read for this game. Awesome work. Just bought this game on Steam. Hope to play soon, but the 21GB(!!!) installation will take a while.
Post New Article  Comment
Please share with friends!

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search