Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Software Zone > Applications
Register Forgot Password?

Old 28-10-08   #1
Unelected
Administrator
Meum pactum dictum

Rig Gallery
TinEye : The New Image ID Search Engine

Allright so you're used to Google-ing for info about things you wanted to know about from the internet.

The way this is done is to enter keywords that you think are related to the thing you are looking for. You can even search for images on the net by using the same method. its just a matter of entering the right keywords and refining your search.

But what if you wanted to search about information related to an image and you only have an image as a lead. Well till now there was nothing you could do about it........Till now that is !

TinEye : TinEye Image Search is the new Beta image Id search engine from Idée which lets you do just this. TinEye is the first image search engine on the web to use image identification technology. You can submit an image to TinEye to find out where and how that image appears on the web, or to find modified or edited versions

TinEye’s spiders crawl the web regularly for images. Using sophisticated pattern recognition algorithms, TinEye creates a unique and compact digital signature or ‘fingerprint’ for each image that is added to the index. When you submit a search image to TinEye, its fingerprint is analyzed and compared to the fingerprint of every single image in the TinEye search index. The result is a detailed list of websites using that image, or modifications of that image.

With the Help of TinEye you can :
  • Find out where and how an image appears online
  • Find websites containing more information about an image
  • Attribute an image to an author or source
  • Find high resolution versions of an image
  • Research the usage and placement of editorial or stock images
  • Find modified or edited versions of an image
  • Research corporate imagery or brand usage online
  • Track the popularity or distribution of an image online
  • Search for people people whom you are looking from on the net. Can be used by law enforcement to look for wanted people or for looking for missing friends or relatives.
Along with exact matches, TinEye can find modifications of the image that you submit, including: crops, colour adjustments, added/removed text, and slight rotations. TinEye can even detect matches where the image itself has been digitally edited or manipulated.

To search for information about an image.

1. Upload an image from your computer. Click the ‘Upload an image’ button and select which file you would like to use by clicking ‘Open’. TinEye will upload your image and search for it immediately.
  2. Point to a web page or image. Paste the page or image URL into the TinEye search field and click ‘Submit’. If you are submitting a web page URL, TinEye will grab all the images from that page, and ask you to select the one you want to be searched.
  3. Use the TinEye Images bookmarklet to choose from several image on a web page, from any javascript-enabled browser.
  4. Install the TinEye browser plugin for Firefox or IE, so you can right-click on any web image to search it.
As of now only JPEG, PNG and GIF images can be searched for. but in the future more formats and even videos may be included. The images should be at least 300 pixels in either dimension but it can accept images as low as 100 pixels in either dimension.1 mb is the maximum file size allowed currently.

By default, TinEye sorts your search results so that the closest matches (images with the least modification and the closest in size to your query image) are first. However you have four sort options to choose from:
  • Closest match first (Default)
  • Closest match last
  • Biggest image first
  • Biggest image last
To sort your results, just select the desired option from the ‘Sort order’ pull-down list above your results on the right side of the page.

As TinEye is still Beta registration and E-mail verification is required before you are allowed to use the product. I found the registration process to be easy and hastle free. I did not receive any spam in the E-mail address that I entered.

The results of the search were beyond my expectations for a beta search engine and astonished me. It got a whole lot of information about the images that I searched for. I was even able to locate some of my albums and pictures that I had posted somewhere on the web and had long forgotten.

I was even able to locate many images hosted on E but as usual images on vBulletin based forums were hard to find when compared to Invision Power Board, PhpBB etc.

The result of 25 matches for this image search is not the number of the same images found, but of 25 variants found

So do try out TinEye. Its great fun

With inputs form: TinEye Image Search

Old 28-10-08   #2
teh geeK!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.

sahilm is highly Admirablesahilm is highly Admirablesahilm is highly Admirablesahilm is highly Admirablesahilm is highly Admirablesahilm is highly Admirablesahilm is highly Admirable
Re: TinEye : The New Image ID Search Engine

I guess nobody is going to believe me now but I have been harbouring the exact same idea for over a year now. Oh well, Ideas are dime a dozen, it's the implementation that counts.
I'll check this out.
These days, Common sense = freaking genius.
sahilm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-08   #3
teh Paint Whisperer!
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
Whispering to my i20

sohail99 is simply Greatsohail99 is simply Greatsohail99 is simply Greatsohail99 is simply Greatsohail99 is simply Greatsohail99 is simply Greatsohail99 is simply Greatsohail99 is simply Greatsohail99 is simply Greatsohail99 is simply Great

Wow! this is awesome!!!
Rep+

btw did u finally find out who she is??
Originally Posted by Chief-Techie View Post
Karan was in his Fantasy World Dreaming Adi Wearing a Red Dress & then Sending a Red Hot Msg

sohail99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-08   #4
teh spamm[E]R!
-

Rig Gallery

Free Radical is extemely Distinguished
Free Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely Distinguished

awesome. you made some more reps mate.
i see a possible use in finding backdoors to those pesky coverart sites.

Last edited by Free Radical; 28-10-08 at 09:56 PM.
Free Radical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-08   #5
iEvangelist
GET PEBBLE.

Rig Gallery

Ad1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply Great

Nice :O.

But blah, whats the point? The novelty wears out after 2 minutes. Lol.
Misc : Playstation 3, Xbox 360, iPhone 5, Nexus 4, iPad (3rd gen) 32GB.
Ad1tya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-08   #6
Unelected
Administrator
Meum pactum dictum

Rig Gallery

vijayninel is extremely Eminent
vijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminent

Originally Posted by Ad1tya View Post
Nice :O.

But blah, whats the point? The novelty wears out after 2 minutes. Lol.
Yeah..but could be useful for ppl doing research & stuff

Check these points:

• Find out where and how an image appears online
  • Find websites containing more information about an image
  • Attribute an image to an author or source
  • Find high resolution versions of an image
  • Research the usage and placement of editorial or stock images
  • Find modified or edited versions of an image
  • Research corporate imagery or brand usage online
  • Track the popularity or distribution of an image online
  • Search for people people whom you are looking from on the net. Can be used by law enforcement to look for wanted people or for looking for missing friends or relatives.
vijayninel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-08   #7
dattebayo!
Community Moderator
Kaizoku Ou Ni Ore Wa Naru

Rig Gallery

Prash is highly FamedPrash is highly FamedPrash is highly FamedPrash is highly FamedPrash is highly FamedPrash is highly FamedPrash is highly FamedPrash is highly Famed

Good article...

Guide to write an Article at [E]
(And win prizes !)

"Well done is better than well said"

Prash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-08   #8
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian

Rig Gallery

Aragorn is extremely Renowned
Aragorn is extremely RenownedAragorn is extremely RenownedAragorn is extremely Renowned

nice ... awesome info ... so who is the chick finally ???
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-08   #9
Let me be honest !
Banned

MaxAxe is sickeningly DreadfulMaxAxe is sickeningly DreadfulMaxAxe is sickeningly DreadfulMaxAxe is sickeningly Dreadful

Not just that you could also use it to keep your original work safe ... like paintings and digital art n stuff. you can find ppl who are using your images without your permission.

"Genius is one per cent inspiration and ninety-nine per cent perspiration. Accordingly, a 'genius' is often merely a talented person who has done all of his or her homework." - Thomas A Edison
MaxAxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-08   #10
Unelected
Administrator
Meum pactum dictum

Rig Gallery

vijayninel is extremely Eminent
vijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminent

^^ yeah....never thought of that... good idea...!

Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
nice ... awesome info ... so who is the chick finally ???
didnt have the patience mate....did find another gif of her though.
vijayninel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-08   #11
Let me be honest !
Banned

MaxAxe is sickeningly DreadfulMaxAxe is sickeningly DreadfulMaxAxe is sickeningly DreadfulMaxAxe is sickeningly Dreadful

stumbled and dugg
MaxAxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread  Reply