Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.
Loading

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Buying Help > PC Buying Help
Register Forgot Password?

 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 21-02-13   #16
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.
 

Re: Three Month, Full on Upgrade Plan :P 45K. THEME: Power Efficiency


Originally Posted by jdn View Post
Check this B75 link for reference. got two usb3 on rear and one header. downside is only one sata3 and mATX. it is 3.2k less than cheapest z77 listed on same website. it officially support all i5 Ivy. visit the manufacturer's cpu compatibility list before fixing on mobo.

for comparison of chipsets visit here.
Spot on - the Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H is the most sought after & popular motherboard currently - especially for it's features and pricing. The quality is also superb. There is no need for a Z77 board.

You can utilise the money saved over here to buy a 128GB SSD Drive - which will improve your system performance (speed) phenomenally.
OCZ 128GB Vertex 4 SSD [you can directly order from this site as it is a very credible site belonging to primeabgb.com]
- Install your OS & other essential softwares on this drive.

Or with the money saved add - RAM (for a total of 8GB)

Cheers
Terry
__________________
System: i7-3770K | Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H WB Wi-Fi | ASUS GTX 660Ti DirectCUII-Top Ed | Noctua NH-C14 | 16GB RipjawsZ @ 1866Mhz | Ocz Vertex4 128GB SSD | Seasonic X760W Modular | Seagate 1TB + 2TB | Dell Ultrasharp U2312HM | CM Storm Stryker | CM Excalibur 120mm Fan | Lian-Li SATA cables | WD 2 + 2TB | Waiting to hackintosh soon

Etcetra
: LG47" LED 4600 series| WD TV Live Hub| WD 1TB | Seagate 2TB usb3 | Sherwood Blu-ray player BDP-5004 | Technics SGC-770 5.1 - 460W music system with Turntable| Nikon D5000 with 18-55 & 55-300mm | Sound-Blaster Audigy Platinum|htc wildfire S | over 250 vinyl's | AMD Athlon 1800 antique PC !!!

@WORK - Avid DS v11 on Dual Xeon E5649/ Intel S5520SC Board/ 48GB RAM/ 60GB x 2 Intel SSD/ Quadro 5000 / 8TB Storage 15000RPM drives on RAID 6/ Cinetal Broadcast monitor/
Aja Kona 3G IO card / Awaiting HP Dreamcolor Monitor
terencefdes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-13   #17
teh priesT!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.
 
 
MadDog's Avatar

 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: chennai
Posts: 881
MadDog is highly ReputableMadDog is highly ReputableMadDog is highly ReputableMadDog is highly Reputable
Re: Three Month, Full on Upgrade Plan :P 45K. THEME: Power Efficiency

hi marX,

when u r planning to complete your system build(till proccy)? say 3months from now?
__________________
I am a Bad Dog........a MadDog
MadDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-13   #18
teh smartie pantS!
[E]onian
Gooner !
 
 
marX's Avatar

 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Kerala
Posts: 438
marX is Mysterious
Re: Three Month, Full on Upgrade Plan :P 45K. THEME: Power Efficiency

Originally Posted by jdn View Post
Check this B75 link for reference. got two usb3 on rear and one header. downside is only one sata3 and mATX. it is 3.2k less than cheapest z77 listed on same website. it officially support all i5 Ivy. visit the manufacturer's cpu compatibility list before fixing on mobo.

for comparison of chipsets visit here.
I would be getting an SSD in the future...thats for sure.
So, what do you think ?
Will it hamper its performance ?

---------- Post added at 05:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:56 PM ----------

Originally Posted by terencefdes View Post
Spot on - the Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H is the most sought after & popular motherboard currently - especially for it's features and pricing. The quality is also superb. There is no need for a Z77 board.

You can utilise the money saved over here to buy a 128GB SSD Drive - which will improve your system performance (speed) phenomenally.
OCZ 128GB Vertex 4 SSD [you can directly order from this site as it is a very credible site belonging to primeabgb.com]
- Install your OS & other essential softwares on this drive.

Or with the money saved add - RAM (for a total of 8GB)

Cheers
Terry
Yeah, an SSD is definitely in my future upgrade plan. But its not immediate.

8 GB ram is important coz I would be multitasking a lot...Solidworks, AutoCAD, Excel, Chrome, Skype and Paint.net lol

Originally Posted by MadDog View Post
hi marX,

when u r planning to complete your system build(till proccy)? say 3months from now?
1. PSU, Monitor, UPS - second week of next month.
2. GFX card - April
3. The rest - May
marX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-13   #19
jdn
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
weekend techie
 
 
jdn's Avatar

 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Cochin, Kerala
Posts: 149
jdn is very Respectfuljdn is very Respectful
Re: Three Month, Full on Upgrade Plan :P 45K. THEME: Power Efficiency

B75 got SINGLE SATA III for SSD, if you are not planning for more than one SSD, it wont be a problem.
HDD don't need a sata 3 ( 600 MiBps ), even sata 1 ( 150 MiBps)is enough . B75 got 5 x SATA II (300 MiBps).

Last edited by jdn; 21-02-13 at 04:21 PM.
jdn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-13   #20
teh smartie pantS!
[E]onian
Gooner !
 
 
marX's Avatar

 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Kerala
Posts: 438
marX is Mysterious
Originally Posted by jdn View Post
B75 got SINGLE SATA III for SSD, if you are not planning for more than one SSD, it wont be a problem.
HDD don't need a sata 3 ( 600 MiBps ), even sata 1 ( 150 MiBps)is enough . B75 got 5 x SATA II (300 MiBps).
Copy that.

Btw, is there any other alternative to that samsung monitor ?

I have a samsung mobile phone and I really don't like the way their service people treat their customers.
I had to resort to death threats to get a replacement set lol
marX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-13   #21
Cat in the rat race
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
Incognito
 
 
ChironX's Avatar

 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: City of Joy
Posts: 1,872
ChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly Famed
Re: Three Month, Full on Upgrade Plan :P 45K. THEME: Power Efficiency

Philips, LG, AOC, Acer, Dell, iBall (El cheapo), and then those you-don't-know-we-exist-but-we-do companies. They all make HD monitors within that price range. Head over to Flipkart and check the pricings.

Philips and Dell are well reputed as well as AOC/LG. I should refrain from commenting about iBall and the rest due to reasons known to everyone.
__________________
ChironX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-13   #22
jdn
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
weekend techie
 
 
jdn's Avatar

 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Cochin, Kerala
Posts: 149
jdn is very Respectfuljdn is very Respectful
Re: Three Month, Full on Upgrade Plan :P 45K. THEME: Power Efficiency

Don't know much about monitors, been using a 24" BenQ for abt 4 years never had any problems. Even though i don't like the design of most of samsung/lg monitors.but I like dell's design.

Unlike proccy/mobo/gpu one must personally inspect a monitor to know its performance, so don't rely on tech specs.

As you mentioned you do heavy multitasking, better to get a large area, 23 or bigger. there was a 23" dell with 2048x1152 TN for 14k, don't know if its still available. Higher resolution means bigger canvas.

If you want true gaming experience get a gaming mouse with gaming mousepad, there is a massive improvement in gaming especially in FPShooter. but for keyboard a standard one is enough.
jdn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-13   #23
teh smartie pantS!
[E]onian
Gooner !
 
 
marX's Avatar

 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Kerala
Posts: 438
marX is Mysterious
Re: Three Month, Full on Upgrade Plan :P 45K. THEME: Power Efficiency

Originally Posted by ChironX View Post
Philips, LG, AOC, Acer, Dell, iBall (El cheapo), and then those you-don't-know-we-exist-but-we-do companies. They all make HD monitors within that price range. Head over to Flipkart and check the pricings.

Philips and Dell are well reputed as well as AOC/LG. I should refrain from commenting about iBall and the rest due to reasons known to everyone.
Its just that I had a lot of not so good experiences from the samsung service centers. I have never quit though....I would grab them by the scruff of their neck until they do it right.

I wonder how different is Dell !
Originally Posted by jdn View Post
Don't know much about monitors, been using a 24" BenQ for abt 4 years never had any problems. Even though i don't like the design of most of samsung/lg monitors.but I like dell's design.

Unlike proccy/mobo/gpu one must personally inspect a monitor to know its performance, so don't rely on tech specs.

As you mentioned you do heavy multitasking, better to get a large area, 23 or bigger. there was a 23" dell with 2048x1152 TN for 14k, don't know if its still available. Higher resolution means bigger canvas.

If you want true gaming experience get a gaming mouse with gaming mousepad, there is a massive improvement in gaming especially in FPShooter. but for keyboard a standard one is enough.
Yeah, monitor size is important...but more important is the budget
Also, bigger monitor means more power consumption.

Absolutely. I would sure love to have a really durable one coz I would wear out scrolling "ring" very fast and the zooming etc becomes inaccurate.
Can you guys recommend me a good one ?

I have the HP keyboard still left. Its as good as new, even after 5.5 years.
Love its soft feel.

Last edited by marX; 21-02-13 at 09:42 PM.
marX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-13   #24
jdn
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
weekend techie
 
 
jdn's Avatar

 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Cochin, Kerala
Posts: 149
jdn is very Respectfuljdn is very Respectful
Re: Three Month, Full on Upgrade Plan :P 45K. THEME: Power Efficiency

If you like claw grip, get CM spawn/xornet. It is comfortable for small&medium hands, not suited for large hands. Also its scroll wheel is made in japan.
For palm grip there are numerous options.

Also invest in a good mouse pad for best performance, i recommend razer goliathus control.
jdn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-13   #25
teh priesT!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.
 
 
MadDog's Avatar

 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: chennai
Posts: 881
MadDog is highly ReputableMadDog is highly ReputableMadDog is highly ReputableMadDog is highly Reputable
Re: Three Month, Full on Upgrade Plan :P 45K. THEME: Power Efficiency

Originally Posted by marX View Post
Its just that I had a lot of not so good experiences from the samsung service centers. I have never quit though....I would grab them by the
I have a samsung 23" monitor. It developed a problem with the front touch panel.
I reported the issue and on the same day, a service guy dropped at my place by evening. He fixed it, and asked me to test it for 2 days and after that he will close ticket. But it again got the same problem on next day, so i called him, and he came on the next day and replaced the entire touch panel [true story]

so my exp with samsung service was very good and i am very pleased with it. I bought this monitor thinking that it s 1 year warranty, but later the service people told that this model comes with 3year warranty..
MadDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-13   #26
teh smartie pantS!
[E]onian
Gooner !
 
 
marX's Avatar

 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Kerala
Posts: 438
marX is Mysterious
Originally Posted by jdn View Post
If you like claw grip, get CM spawn/xornet. It is comfortable for small&medium hands, not suited for large hands. Also its scroll wheel is made in japan.
For palm grip there are numerous options.

Also invest in a good mouse pad for best performance, i recommend razer goliathus control.
Another confusion
CM Spawn (3500dpi) costs 2.3k but have a 0.6k mouse pad free. Xornet costs only 1.4k with 2000dpi.

Xornet would be enough for playing CS Source against bots ?

---------- Post added at 08:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 AM ----------

Originally Posted by MadDog View Post
I have a samsung 23" monitor. It developed a problem with the front touch panel.
I reported the issue and on the same day, a service guy dropped at my place by evening. He fixed it, and asked me to test it for 2 days and after that he will close ticket. But it again got the same problem on next day, so i called him, and he came on the next day and replaced the entire touch panel [true story]

so my exp with samsung service was very good and i am very pleased with it. I bought this monitor thinking that it s 1 year warranty, but later the service people told that this model comes with 3year warranty..
Thanks for sharing.
Thats a great story to hear.

My experiences was with samsung mobile phone. Also, my boss had lots of issues with his AC and refrigerator. That was when I was in TN...hope that they are ok here in Kerala.
marX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-13   #27
teh smartie pantS!
[E]onian
Gooner !
 
 
marX's Avatar

 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Kerala
Posts: 438
marX is Mysterious
Re: Three Month, Full on Upgrade Plan :P 45K. THEME: Power Efficiency

Stage 1 is go !!

1.
1.a PSU - Seasonic S12II 520W

1.b UPS - APC (700 vs 1100 VA ?)
Btw, our works manager used to work for Hykon and he swears by their UPSes and Inverters (he's an electrical engineer btw). They have a UPS with a change over time of 2.5 to 3 ms. Would it be good ?

1.c Monitor - Samsung HD LED 21.5 inch.

1.d Mouse - CM Xornet
Btw, I found a logitech G300 for roughly same price. Should I go for it rather than the Xornet ?
What do you think ?

Last edited by marX; 22-02-13 at 06:58 PM.
marX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-13   #28
jdn
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
weekend techie
 
 
jdn's Avatar

 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Cochin, Kerala
Posts: 149
jdn is very Respectfuljdn is very Respectful
Re: Three Month, Full on Upgrade Plan :P 45K. THEME: Power Efficiency

1: Spawn vs Xornet
4000 dpi (with firmware 61) - 2000 dpi
All buttons customisable - no customisation
Got software to create macros, change button action etc - none
32kb onbard flash to store macros & config - 8kb only
black+red - black only
free mouse pad - none

Make your choice.

2. APC is a well renowned player in ups market for years, this is the first time i am hearing about hykon. If the price difference is narrow, stick with APC
jdn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-13   #29
teh smartie pantS!
[E]onian
Gooner !
 
 
marX's Avatar

 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Kerala
Posts: 438
marX is Mysterious
Re: Three Month, Full on Upgrade Plan :P 45K. THEME: Power Efficiency

Originally Posted by jdn View Post
1: Spawn vs Xornet
4000 dpi (with firmware 61) - 2000 dpi
All buttons customisable - no customisation
Got software to create macros, change button action etc - none
32kb onbard flash to store macros & config - 8kb only
black+red - black only
free mouse pad - none

Make your choice.

2. APC is a well renowned player in ups market for years, this is the first time i am hearing about hykon. If the price difference is narrow, stick with APC
1. How about this ?
Logitech® Gaming Mouse G100

2. Roger that !
marX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-13   #30
jdn
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
weekend techie
 
 
jdn's Avatar

 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Cochin, Kerala
Posts: 149
jdn is very Respectfuljdn is very Respectful
Re: Three Month, Full on Upgrade Plan :P 45K. THEME: Power Efficiency

Originally Posted by marX View Post
1. How about this ?
Logitech® Gaming Mouse G100
Less buttons, only one button for dpi change (cycling only), low resolution, less comfortable and palm grip. Comparing with xornet, its not a good option IMHO.
jdn is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread  Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Upgrade The Long Awaited Upgrade Full of Awesomeness. ShaTTeR Upgraditis 30 11-07-10 08:47 PM
Scientists Plan to Skip Mid-Range, Crank LHC Up to Full Power Jason Mick (Blog) - Feb Mav3ricK Everything Under the Sun 3 05-02-10 12:42 PM
2 month old Asus Eee Box (low power download rig) bhavin23 Closed/Completed Deals 8 19-06-09 09:48 PM
GeForce GTX 260 reported getting Processing Core upgrade next month Mav3ricK Graphics Cards 0 22-08-08 02:14 AM
Instant Theme Creator 2.0: Creat Desktops theme! Dark Star Applications 0 21-05-07 09:42 AM


Tags
45k, efficiency, month, plan, power, theme, upgrade
All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 05:46 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.