Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Lounge > Upgraditis
Register Forgot Password?

Old 14-08-12   #46
Lead Lead
Administrator
12 years a admin!

Rig Gallery

Originally Posted by bean_laden View Post
ahem....fireblade...
Yep. Told you.

KiD0M4N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-12   #47
Lead Lead
Administrator
12 years a admin!

Rig Gallery

KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!
KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!
Originally Posted by harryneopotter View Post
:jawdrop: ... awesome bike man ....congrats ... super

Ride safe, its not easy to upgrade to Litre Class bikes. The Power is overwhelming. Baaki, u r wise enough.
Yep. It's a big jump for me. 200 cc Pulsar to 999.8 cc of pure madness. However, my age will help me keep things in check.
Old 14-08-12   #48
Lead Lead
Administrator
12 years a admin!

Rig Gallery

KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!
Originally Posted by invader View Post
kool .. looks stunning .. friend has a 800cc model of the same .... its really a beast
I didn't know Fireblade had a 800cc model. I knew of a 925cc. And thanks.
Old 14-08-12   #49
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.

Rig Gallery

JD666 is highly ProminentJD666 is highly ProminentJD666 is highly Prominent
Re: TheBike : Honda CBR1000RR 2012 !

Originally Posted by KiD0M4N View Post
It's the 2012 model. New look. My wife fondly likens it to "Black Fury" from "How to Train a Dragon." I agree with her 100%. I love the look.

Any particular recommendations on those items? I would love to do some research. I don't want to forgo safety. At any cost.

I sided with the Fireblade instead of my first love R1 for that very reason. Also, the CBR is known not to heat as much as the R1 in Indian conditions, plus is more pillion friendly (which is an important factor for me.)

Damages so far = 16L+
Got a friend in BLR who can guide you to the right stuff ( he owns a lot of gear himself, did a whole india trip on his ninja ). He would be the best person I would refer you too.
JD666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-12   #50
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian

rdst_1 is highly Reputablerdst_1 is highly Reputablerdst_1 is highly Reputablerdst_1 is highly Reputable
Congrats man. I love that more and more people are taking to responsible biking and therefore more and more bikes are coming to India.
I have always been a Bullet guy and thus the natural upgrade seemed to be a Harley or a Ducati cafe racer - the one from Tron.
However i got the chance to ride one of my friends Apache for a good couple of days and now my heart wants a SBK. :-)

I have heard it is better to follow a hieararchy when it comes to SBKs i.e. 250 to 650 to 1000 so that one can control the power of the vehicle better.
Unfortunately the cost of these bikes in India makes it a once in a lifetime purchase when it comes to SBK.
I have my heart set for the Ducati 650 for the moment, but who knows what one might buy when the day actually comes.

Congrats again and happy riding.

P.S. - I dont know the reason but nearly everyone i know who is interested in superbikes at one point or another considers the R1 as the only bike they will ever buy. This includes me too, that is until i saw the Ducati Desmosedici RR.
rdst_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-12   #51
Banned
I'm Animator / GawD

zombie is somewhat of a Mystery

Bikes are always awesome.

A really nice gift to gift yourself.

Congrats for the Throttle-Thrusty
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Nokia 3310 > Siemens > Tata Star > Nokia 1100 > Nokia N72 > Moto Razr V3 > Moto Razr V3i > Nokia N73 > Blackberry Curve > Chinese Mobile > Samsung Guru > Samsung Star 3G > Lg Pop > Samsung Corby Mate > iPhone 3G > iPhone 3Gs > iPhone 4 > iPhone 4S > Nokia 1600 > HTC Desire HD > HTC Sensation > Samsung Galaxy S2 > Samsung Galaxy Note > Nokia 101 > iPhone 4S
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bike Life : Yamaha Libero > Pulsar 180 > Karizma R > Yamaha Fazer > Pulsar 220 > Discover > Yamaha Fz > Pulsar 220
(Italic = Currently In my Parking)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Traveled on bike : Area / Places Of Delhi, Haryana, Punjab, Rajasthan, Uttrakhand, Gujarat, Nepal, U.P., Bihar, Maharashtra.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DieHard Fan : Apple, Puma, Dell, Pulsar, CoolerMaster, ATI Graphic Cards.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hate : Cars, Superstition, AMD Processor, Nvidia, Canon SLR, Microsoft Office, Linux.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jai Hanuman !
Respect, Pray, Love "Parents" Forget other Mantra-Vantra, Baba's and their drama.
zombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-12   #52
Lead Lead
Administrator
12 years a admin!

Rig Gallery

idea Re: TheBike : Honda CBR1000RR 2012 !

Originally Posted by rdst_1 View Post
Congrats man. I love that more and more people are taking to responsible biking and therefore more and more bikes are coming to India.
I have always been a Bullet guy and thus the natural upgrade seemed to be a Harley or a Ducati cafe racer - the one from Tron.
However i got the chance to ride one of my friends Apache for a good couple of days and now my heart wants a SBK. :-)

I have heard it is better to follow a hieararchy when it comes to SBKs i.e. 250 to 650 to 1000 so that one can control the power of the vehicle better.
Unfortunately the cost of these bikes in India makes it a once in a lifetime purchase when it comes to SBK.
I have my heart set for the Ducati 650 for the moment, but who knows what one might buy when the day actually comes.

Congrats again and happy riding.

P.S. - I dont know the reason but nearly everyone i know who is interested in superbikes at one point or another considers the R1 as the only bike they will ever buy. This includes me too, that is until i saw the Ducati Desmosedici RR.
Yea, "The Doctor" (Rossi) made the R1 in particular, and the Yamaha brand in general very popular due to his winnings. You see about him endorsing it and naturally you want to have the same machine which a world champion drives. Sort of like a mental levelling of the playing field (the fact that he actually used to drive a M1 doesn't seem to matter to people.)

There are far better looking bikes compared to R1. And better performing as well. But something about the "affordable symmetry" of the bike appeals to the uglier sex! (thats us.)

I believe the Ducati 1199 Panigale is also extremely popular (among the more affluent) for the same reason.
Old 14-08-12   #53
Lead Lead
Administrator
12 years a admin!

Rig Gallery

Originally Posted by zombie View Post
Bikes are always awesome.

A really nice gift to gift yourself.

Congrats for the Throttle-Thrusty
Thanks... I cannot wait to update this thread once the baby is actually here with me
Old 14-08-12   #54
Half-Demon Gun Slinger
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r

Hells_Fury is highly AdmirableHells_Fury is highly AdmirableHells_Fury is highly AdmirableHells_Fury is highly AdmirableHells_Fury is highly AdmirableHells_Fury is highly Admirable

Congrats Kiddo...All the best to you and your new ride. You can look at the following places for gear:
1. PlanetDSG.com
2. Performance Racing Store
3. Bachoo Motors

#2 and #3 have facebook pages where you can check out the gear that they offer.

PS - Which dealer did you buy it from?
Hells_Fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-12   #55
teh priesT!
[E]onian
My demon side demands blood

Ultimabasher is highly AdmirableUltimabasher is highly AdmirableUltimabasher is highly AdmirableUltimabasher is highly AdmirableUltimabasher is highly AdmirableUltimabasher is highly AdmirableUltimabasher is highly Admirable

Kido, yours is the ABS or the non ABS version?

Edit : Just saw, no traction control in Fireblade ? I was going to get the CBR1000R but now its between R1 and Gixxer

I was commenting on the absurdity of the assumption that Mario>Freeman

To qualify my statement - Mario is an Italian immigrant plumber who spends his life chasing a dame who refuses to let him bang her.

Freeman is a physicist who saves the world (multiple times) with a crowbar. And he manages to get Alyx Vance to fall in love with him without needing mushrooms, stars or jumping on enemies.
Ultimabasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-12   #56
teh nuB!

Jerry is Mysterious

Congrats KidoM4N on choosing the CBR 1000 RR.

Do not compromise on the riding gear.

Also invest in some frame & fork sliders ,swingarm spools etc.They do help in case of any unfortunate tip over or minor fall.

Get the no cut kits for the frame sliders,they allow fitment of the sliders without cutting or modifying the fairing.

After running the bike in head out to the Chennai or Coimbatore track when they have a track day.
Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-12   #57
Lead Lead
Administrator
12 years a admin!

Rig Gallery

Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
Congrats KidoM4N on choosing the CBR 1000 RR.

Do not compromise on the riding gear.

Also invest in some frame & fork sliders ,swingarm spools etc.They do help in case of any unfortunate tip over or minor fall.

Get the no cut kits for the frame sliders,they allow fitment of the sliders without cutting or modifying the fairing.

After running the bike in head out to the Chennai or Coimbatore track when they have a track day.
Yep... Not gonna compromise on the riding gear for sure. Have increased my budget to 1L for now.

Yep, keeping an eye out for these (frame/fork slider, swingarm spool.)
Old 14-08-12   #58
Lead Lead
Administrator
12 years a admin!

Rig Gallery

Originally Posted by Ultimabasher View Post
Kido, yours is the ABS or the non ABS version?

Edit : Just saw, no traction control in Fireblade ? I was going to get the CBR1000R but now its between R1 and Gixxer
It was a conscious decision for me. I would rather have C-ABS than TC. Hence went with it. Very possible that the CBR1000RR 2013 model will have TC. So keep a look out.

And just to be clear, all Fireblades imported into India come with C-ABS.
Old 14-08-12   #59
Lead Lead
Administrator
12 years a admin!

Rig Gallery

Originally Posted by Hells_Fury View Post
Congrats Kiddo...All the best to you and your new ride. You can look at the following places for gear:
1. PlanetDSG.com
2. Performance Racing Store
3. Bachoo Motors

#2 and #3 have facebook pages where you can check out the gear that they offer.

PS - Which dealer did you buy it from?
Got the bike from Silicon Honda.

And thanks for the pointers. Will look at these dealers over the next few days to ensure I get the best bang for my buck when it comes to gear.
Old 14-08-12   #60
teh nuB!
[E]onian
Kaatoomed

sriharsha is very Respectfulsriharsha is very Respectful
Originally Posted by KiD0M4N View Post
It's the 2012 model. New look. My wife fondly likens it to "Black Fury" from "How to Train a Dragon." I agree with her 100%. I love the look.
Congratulations on the new Wings of Fire Btw isn't it Night fury in HTTAD.

Originally Posted by JD666 View Post
Got a friend in BLR who can guide you to the right stuff ( he owns a lot of gear himself, did a whole india trip on his ninja ). He would be the best person I would refer you too.
Bluevolt (Rahul)?

JD666 likes this.
[E8400+DP35DP, VX450, Altec VS3251R, Xonar DG, Dell S2409] [iPhone 4 16GB FU, SGSII, iPod Touch 2G 32GB] [Nanite N2, Brainwavz M2/M4, Audio Technica ATH T500, Sony MDR EX57, Philips SHP2700/SHE9501] [Sony Vaio EB26FG]
sriharsha is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread  Reply