Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Lounge > Upgraditis
Register Forgot Password?

Old 13-08-12   #31
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
Puny human

Re: TheBike : Honda CBR1000RR 2012 !

Invest in top notch riding gear & Congrats...

"I was there .. till the end"
dexbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-12   #32
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
Macbook pro (OS x+xP)!

sahib is highly Prominentsahib is highly Prominentsahib is highly Prominent

And am gonna show this to dad who has been dreaming of purchasing an Harley for the past 15 birthdays that came and went by. Congrats sir,for the bike and majorly for following your heart.!I mean you are soo right in saying that sometimes you have no control over the heart desires.!I hope you can make up for the family's discouragement over the purchase with some decent riding gears .
ManISinJpr likes this.
Old 14-08-12   #33
iEvangelist
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
GET PEBBLE.

Rig Gallery

Ad1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply Great

@KiD0M4N's words over the phone to me:

"I'm going to ride it safely!"

Reply?

"What exactly is safe on a 1000cc bike?"
bean_laden and ManISinJpr like this.
Misc : Playstation 3, Xbox 360, iPhone 5, Nexus 4, iPad (3rd gen) 32GB.
Ad1tya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-12   #34
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.

Rig Gallery

JD666 is highly ProminentJD666 is highly ProminentJD666 is highly Prominent

A very practical SBK, and a looker. however is this going to be the new look one? or the previous iteration?

Be prepared to shell out atleast 1-1.25L for proper riding gear that goes with the bike.

20-25k for helmet, 40k for jacket, another 30k for pants, 7-10k for gloves and 15 odd k for boots.

And please do invest in them. They will save your skin in any unfortunate events.

However USP of this bike is that its really practical, has a lot of low end grunt, and pretty manageable in traffic as well. And when you give it the go, it stays there with the best.

How much if I may ask damages in BLR? ( I am guessing nearly 14L? )
JD666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-12   #35
Lounge Bug
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
Chocolate Salted Balls.

Rig Gallery

bean_laden is highly Famedbean_laden is highly Famedbean_laden is highly Famedbean_laden is highly Famedbean_laden is highly Famedbean_laden is highly Famedbean_laden is highly Famedbean_laden is highly Famed

ahem....fireblade...
Old 14-08-12   #36
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
Social Status = Fail !

harryneopotter is extremely Renowned
harryneopotter is extremely Renownedharryneopotter is extremely Renownedharryneopotter is extremely Renowned

:jawdrop: ... awesome bike man ....congrats ... super

Ride safe, its not easy to upgrade to Litre Class bikes. The Power is overwhelming. Baaki, u r wise enough.
<Marsupial> Chandler got bit by a radioactive spider and shot a web at Phoebe, and then it emailed me.
harryneopotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-12   #37
Lead Lead
Administrator
12 years a admin!

Rig Gallery

KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!
KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!
Originally Posted by ManISinJpr View Post
I wish you all the best bro !! my inbox is always open if you want to learn or ask things as Ihave ridden these monsters all my life !!

Please be safe and GET PROPER GEAR !!! !! thats an order !

Thanks for keeping me in the loop !!
Yea bro. Gonna invest in proper gear. That's first priority.

KiD0M4N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-12   #38
CoMod
Community Moderator
Sellers beware of the invasion

invader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Great

kool .. looks stunning .. friend has a 800cc model of the same .... its really a beast
invader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-12   #39
Lead Lead
Administrator
12 years a admin!

Rig Gallery

KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!
Originally Posted by Ultimabasher View Post
Can you please share the cost and process you had to go through. Looking to get R1 in the near future.
As the taxes in Bangalore are some of the highest, it ended up costing close to 16L+. I am sure it would be a lot cheaper in places like Pune/ Delhi.

I basically started considering the R1. But the more I talked to people in the know, the more I felt worse about the R1 until someone suggested me to have a look at the Fireblade. Have not looked back ever since.

The process is very simple. First decide on what bike you want. Call some of the dealers and ask around the financial points (what is the cost on road, loan options available, different rates of interests, etc.)

Normally the dealer has arrangement with agencies which are ready to offer 70% loan very easily (minimum documentation) but have a large rate of interest. So you might need to look around and check with banks like HDFC, ICICI etc which will most likely offer something like 7% p.a. (Approx 13% reducing) for around 80% of the total bike value.

Once these things are sorted, there is nothing much to it really. Just make sure you are sure and certain of what you want and make it very clear to the dealer.
JD666 likes this.
Old 14-08-12   #40
Lead Lead
Administrator
12 years a admin!

Rig Gallery

Originally Posted by krashnburn View Post
Congrats Kido on the awesome purchase. Once it arrives I will race you on the electronic city fly over.
Your weight will compensate for the lack of horses on mine. So no issues there.

Orion motors opposite the Forum Mall (Christ College side) has some good riding gear if you are interested.
I am sure Planet DSG can also get you some good stuff however it wud be best if you made a trip to Pune for that.
Hhaha. Not in a million years man. Don't want to be dragging and shit. What's the point.

Orion motors is a Yammy dealer. I was talking to them when I was in the market for a R1. Might check out the gear they are carrying.

Heard about Planet DSG as well. But have to go and buy the helmet personally. No stock sized helmets fit me given the size of my skull.
Old 14-08-12   #41
Lead Lead
Administrator
12 years a admin!

Rig Gallery

Originally Posted by syedthedevil View Post
Congrats kidoman.
Thanks.
Old 14-08-12   #42
Lead Lead
Administrator
12 years a admin!

Rig Gallery

Originally Posted by dexterboygenius View Post
Invest in top notch riding gear & Congrats...
Yeah. Gonna bite the bullet x 2. Gotta buy gear for my wife too
Old 14-08-12   #43
Lead Lead
Administrator
12 years a admin!

Rig Gallery

Originally Posted by sahib View Post
And am gonna show this to dad who has been dreaming of purchasing an Harley for the past 15 birthdays that came and went by. Congrats sir,for the bike and majorly for following your heart.!I mean you are soo right in saying that sometimes you have no control over the heart desires.!I hope you can make up for the family's discouragement over the purchase with some decent riding gears .
You read the situation right. My family (particularly my dad) is against this purchase. However, I decided to go ahead with it because this way I only have myself to blame down the line. I didn't want to get to a stage in life when my priorities force me not to get something like this.

Your dad should go for this. Trust me. The joy in his face will be totally worth it. He will feel 20 years younger when he swings his legs around the saddle and revs the motor up (my wife wanted me to go for a Harley, but the negatives far outweighed the positives and the fireblade won out.)
bean_laden likes this.
Old 14-08-12   #44
Lead Lead
Administrator
12 years a admin!

Rig Gallery

Originally Posted by Ad1tya View Post
@KiD0M4N's words over the phone to me:

"I'm going to ride it safely!"

Reply?

"What exactly is safe on a 1000cc bike?"
With great power comes great responsibility. Right? I believe my past experiences have taught me a lot.
Old 14-08-12   #45
Lead Lead
Administrator
12 years a admin!

Rig Gallery

Originally Posted by JD666 View Post
A very practical SBK, and a looker. however is this going to be the new look one? or the previous iteration?

Be prepared to shell out atleast 1-1.25L for proper riding gear that goes with the bike.

20-25k for helmet, 40k for jacket, another 30k for pants, 7-10k for gloves and 15 odd k for boots.

And please do invest in them. They will save your skin in any unfortunate events.

However USP of this bike is that its really practical, has a lot of low end grunt, and pretty manageable in traffic as well. And when you give it the go, it stays there with the best.

How much if I may ask damages in BLR? ( I am guessing nearly 14L? )
It's the 2012 model. New look. My wife fondly likens it to "Black Fury" from "How to Train a Dragon." I agree with her 100%. I love the look.

Any particular recommendations on those items? I would love to do some research. I don't want to forgo safety. At any cost.

I sided with the Fireblade instead of my first love R1 for that very reason. Also, the CBR is known not to heat as much as the R1 in Indian conditions, plus is more pillion friendly (which is an important factor for me.)

Damages so far = 16L+
Post New Thread  Reply