Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Lounge > Everything Under the Sun
Register Forgot Password?

Old 15-11-13   #1
teh geeK!
[E]onian
Vescere bracis meis.

Amusing Tendulkar Brouhaha!

The collective noisome national fawning over Sachin Tendulkar, worries me a lot. Agreed that Tendulkar is one of the best batsman of our era and strode like a colossus amongst players of his time, yet the attempts to make him greater than the game is wrong. There is competitive one upmanship amongst the associations to honour him.Gavaskar and Kapil Dev were no less able, but were they honored thus? Tendulkar has a very poor record as a captain. Poor leadership quality? One should pay more attention to the lack of quality pacers and the shenanigans of the BCCI. No one is paying attention to the championship game that Anand has to play. Paes won grand slam tournaments at40. Celebrate you must , but within limits.

fleshfragger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-13   #2
CoMod
Community Moderator
Sellers beware of the invasion

invader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Great
Re: Tendulkar Brouhaha!

It's just another fail attempt from one of the people who don't appreciate Sachin's game much .. trust me .. the day you get to know cricket ... is the day you will grieve about what a loss it has been to it after Sachin's retirement .. and no matter what you say .. "lack of leadership quality" , "just a man" "not a god" "kapil was better" "virat will do better" bla bla bla ... you cant make Sachin's fans doubt him for even a moment ...
invader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-13   #3
teh spamm[E]R!
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r

Rig Gallery

wingzero is extremely Renowned
wingzero is extremely Renownedwingzero is extremely Renownedwingzero is extremely Renownedwingzero is extremely Renownedwingzero is extremely Renowned

Sachin is Sachin!. He's one of a kind. He didn't ask for all the fame, he earned it with his game. Yup do agreed, we are so crazy over Cricket that we do overlook the achievements of others but isn't that the problem with us?

I am also a big fan of Sachin as well. I'll miss him playing
csunit37 likes this.

Guides n Reviews :
wingzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-13   #4
Unelected
Administrator
Meum pactum dictum

Rig Gallery

vijayninel is extremely Eminent
vijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminent

Thank goodness he's gone. What a annoying pain his fans and the media are. Even the 25kg bag of rice in my house was named after him (though it was misspelled "Tandulkar brand sona masuri rice").

Hopefully we will be spared of his mania now.
Old 15-11-13   #5
teh geeK!
[E]onian
Life no so Jingalala! lol!

Pernicious is very Notable

Sachin...Sachin!

#ThankYouSachin

PERIOD.
Pernicious is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-13   #6
The Game is On!
Community Moderator
"Derevaun Seraun"

csunit37 is simply Greatcsunit37 is simply Greatcsunit37 is simply Greatcsunit37 is simply Greatcsunit37 is simply Greatcsunit37 is simply Greatcsunit37 is simply Greatcsunit37 is simply Greatcsunit37 is simply Greatcsunit37 is simply Greatcsunit37 is simply Great

Now where is the dislike button?
Old 15-11-13   #7
teh geeK!
[E]onian
Vescere bracis meis.

fleshfragger is highly Famedfleshfragger is highly Famedfleshfragger is highly Famedfleshfragger is highly Famedfleshfragger is highly Famedfleshfragger is highly Famedfleshfragger is highly Famedfleshfragger is highly Famed

I always have felt that Indians fawn over their heroes because they have so few of them. I FEEL THAT THE CELEBRATIONS ARE GETTING TO ABSURD PROPORTIONS.
ManISinJpr and nvarun like this.
fleshfragger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-13   #8
Unelected
Administrator
Meum pactum dictum

Rig Gallery

vijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminent

Originally Posted by fleshfragger View Post
I always have felt that Indians fawn over their heroes because they have so few of them. I FEEL THAT THE CELEBRATIONS ARE GETTING TO ABSURD PROPORTIONS.
Exactly. It's basically a frog in the well phenomenon. There are no other sports and games in India so the armchair fans who never play real cricket find solace in TV cricket.
nvarun likes this.
vijayninel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-13   #9
The Game is On!
Community Moderator
"Derevaun Seraun"

csunit37 is simply Greatcsunit37 is simply Greatcsunit37 is simply Greatcsunit37 is simply Greatcsunit37 is simply Greatcsunit37 is simply Greatcsunit37 is simply Greatcsunit37 is simply Greatcsunit37 is simply Greatcsunit37 is simply Greatcsunit37 is simply Great

@invader nice avatar
csunit37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-13   #10
CoMod
Community Moderator

invader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Great

Originally Posted by vijayninel View Post
Exactly. It's basically a frog in the well phenomenon. There are no other sports and games in India so the armchair fans who never play real cricket find solace in TV cricket.
Why do you have the agent's pic then ? go do some real acting ... y finding solace in a movie character ... who's just some fantasy
atleast Sachin plays real cricket .. not just acts like hes doing something ...

no offence meant .. but whatever you say .. can and will have something against the same too lol
Old 15-11-13   #11
Unelected
Administrator
Meum pactum dictum

Rig Gallery

Originally Posted by invader View Post
Why do you have the agent's pic then ? go do some real acting ... y finding solace in a movie character ... who's just some fantasy
atleast Sachin plays real cricket .. not just acts like hes doing something ...
LOL ... you are comparing fan mania with someone using an avatar of some character? Do you even know what an avatar is? I really have nothing to say about such thinking, but at least try and come up with something logical.
nvarun likes this.
vijayninel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-13   #12
CoMod
Community Moderator

Originally Posted by vijayninel View Post
LOL ... you are comparing fan mania with someone using an avatar of some character? Do you even know what an avatar is? I really have nothing to say about such thinking, but at least try and come up with something logical.
ohh I forgot i need to mention to use your common sense while reading my posts .. forgot like people here have the habit to leave out that part ...

my point was you cant stop or cry or whine about what one likes ... or give arguments .. hes thinking will remain the same .. and so will yours ..

you like the agent .. you are using him as your avatar ... people like Sachin they are praying him like a god ...
Old 16-11-13   #13
teh spamm[E]R!
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r

Rig Gallery

wingzero is extremely Renowned
wingzero is extremely Renownedwingzero is extremely Renownedwingzero is extremely Renownedwingzero is extremely Renownedwingzero is extremely Renowned

When you say God it's God of cricket right...I mean otherwise it's heights
wingzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-13   #14
Jason Bourne
Community Moderator
Mushtakhanda !!!

ManISinJpr is extremely Noble
ManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely Noble

One question that is over now !!
Tendulkar ne kitne banaaye ??
vijayninel and sm1 like this.

ManISinJpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-13   #15
teh priesT!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.

DaRampage is highly ReputableDaRampage is highly ReputableDaRampage is highly ReputableDaRampage is highly Reputable

It's not about the success he has achieved. It's his humility after reaching to those heights, which is why he is considered as God by many. (I don't, not yet.)
Every parent wants their kid to be like Sachin. This doesn't mean just cricket, it means regardless of what field you choose, get successful in it and still keep your feet on ground. Imagine how your parents would feel if they say you somewhere closer to him (Ain't speaking of cricket only). And still having that sort of nature.
He is respected so that it will inspire many others of this generation to achieve something like that in life.
A line he said to Yuvraj when he used to be that arrogant sort of cricketer who broke his bat after getting out. 'A good cricketer is one who worships his cricket kit.' Generalize this line.
He said that he still had a chat to discuss about his technique, even when he got out probably for the last time and there were remote chances of batting again. Implement the same thought in your life. There are small things like that which most people who just 'watch' sports will don't get it.

The last moment was such a good thing to see, when he walked alone to the pitch at the end of presentation and lap of honor. If you can get the meaning of it, and if you are able to generalize it, it would be very good.

Whatever I have written down is just an output of fanboyism. You can choose to ignore it.
Why is Jesus, Allah, Ram, Krishna, etc are considered as Gods? Because people follow their teachings, they believe in similar thoughts laid by them (or written in books). I guess that is the point of religion. To have inner peace and believe in something "which is right".
If you have ever heard Sachin's words, write them down in style (poems etc). Note down his nature in books (Remove the cricketing aspect, instead of saying he was the best cricketer, say something like he was a king or saint with many followers). Bury these book. Thousand years later, that would form a religion and he would be called as God which would be perfectly accepted by most.
ManISinJpr, csunit37 and sm1 like this.
DaRampage is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread  Reply