Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation
  • Home
  • Forums
  • Articles
  • News
  • Gaming
  • Bazaar
  • Community
  • What's New
  • My Erodov
  • Help
navigation
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Articles > Reviews & Previews
Register Forgot Password?
Follow Erodov on Twitter Follow Us
Join us on FaceBook Join Us
Post New Article  Comment

Article Tools Search this Article
SVGTECH HOC 40 and HOC 20 Liquid Coolers Review
Date: 15-02-12
Topic: Reviews & Previews
Author: Madhusudan Banik

About Author:
Network admin at day. [E] Lead Hardware Geek at night

Index
Specification 
Index

After Last Months Preview of SVGTECH's closed loop water coolers we are today ready to review these coolers. If you have not seen our preview or have not heard about SVGTECH then let us do a refresher course again. SVGTECH is a startup and the first Indian company to assemble CPU water coolers in India. Which in our opinion is a big achievement. These coolers do not look cheap and at launch there would be 4 Products in the lineup, 2 are closed loop water cooling kits. HOC 40 which is the top end cooler from SVGTECH followed by HOC 20. Next in the air cooling lineup is AOC 120DT, its size would put the Megahalems to shame I say, followed by 120ST, which is small but still not so small, should work great with people using smaller cabinets which have very less width. Finally these coolers will be followed by HOC60 which has a 360mm radiator and again would be a first in India since there has been no coolers available in India with a bigger radiator than 240mm.

All in one liquid coolers have come a long way in the last couple of years, from expensive and ineffective kits which were not even able to compete with water coolers to kits available now, which look simple, and are pretty effective which gives a few degrees better temps than the best of air coolers while costing almost similar to the Top air coolers and having fan controllers to run almost without any noise, if and when required.

And today with a fatter radiator than competition (which are Corsair H100 and H80 alongwith Thermalright Venomous X )and quick disconnect feature on the HOC40, both the HOC40 and HOC20 look attractive in specifications and hopefully the difference between air coolers and closed loop kits is only going to get widened. But first lets move ahead and take a look at the compatibility list and specification of each of the coolers before moving on to unboxing them.

Index
Specification 

Tools
Add to thebanik's Karma
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
<< <    Next Page: Specification (Page 1 of 6)    >  >>
By ManISinJpr ♦ 07-03-12
Re: SVGTECH Hoc 40 and Hoc 20 Liquid Coolers Review

Superb performance, specially coming from a startup.. from India..
*applaud*
The only thing that I have is that the costs are comparable to the Corsair series as they are being sold in US on Newegg..
we as Indians are very cost conscious people, so if the current series from SVGTech is being sold at comparable price in India, then what price would they be selling these in US or other countries??
if they price them as the same there too, then we are paying higher prices.. !!!

That is the only problem I have !!!
By coolgame 07-03-12

applauded . this is the beginning of a new industry in India.hopefully after this initiative and a few years gone by we will be seeing much more progress and investment in this direction.yipeee.tho lowering the pricing would be the icing on the cake.also how did the RMA service go @banik of the kit that failed?

By thebanik 07-03-12

Originally Posted by ManISinJpr View Post
Superb performance, specially coming from a startup.. from India..
*applaud*
The only thing that I have is that the costs are comparable to the Corsair series as they are being sold in US on Newegg..
we as Indians are very cost conscious people, so if the current series from SVGTech is being sold at comparable price in India, then what price would they be selling these in US or other countries??
if they price them as the same there too, then we are paying higher prices.. !!!

That is the only problem I have !!!
Its a company based from India, as of now I believe their target would be India, if its commercially a success then only I believe they would think about going international, which is IMO a few years away....

---------- Post added at 07:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:37 PM ----------

Originally Posted by coolgame View Post
applauded . this is the beginning of a new industry in India.hopefully after this initiative and a few years gone by we will be seeing much more progress and investment in this direction.yipeee.tho lowering the pricing would be the icing on the cake.also how did the RMA service go @banik of the kit that failed?

It was a review sample anyways.....so there is nothing to RMA,
By ManISinJpr ♦ 07-03-12
Re: SVGTECH HOC 40 and HOC 20 Liquid Coolers Review

^^ Then the price is indeed more... than the corsair ones, ( in comparison ) or the company is taking too much profit !!!
By thebanik 07-03-12

Digg here guyz, Article : SVGTECH HOC 40 and HOC 20 Liquid Coolers Review - Digg

---------- Post added at 07:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:42 PM ----------

Originally Posted by ManISinJpr View Post
^^ Then the price is indeed more... than the corsair ones, ( in comparison ) or the company is taking too much profit !!!
Initial startup takes a lot of money, or its also possible that Corsair because of the quantity can keep prices down. In any case yes I was also hoping that the pricing would be a bit cheaper but in any case with the performance advantage over Corsair, I hope SVGTech does do well....
By ManISinJpr ♦ 07-03-12

Dugg !!
I wish them all the best too, but I am skeptical..
Don't know why???
By nikolain 08-03-12

Thank you Banik for a excellent Review !!!

@ManISinJpr ♦
Corsair sells 40k to 50k units per month, (the manufacturing cost of H100 is only about 50 USD, while its being sold at 120 USD or so) just think how much margin these guys are having, while i on another hand just started this project with little inventory, that's why the higher rates, but as time goes by the prices will drop, also don't worry on the pricing side, India will always have cheaper rate than those of other countries, that's why i started SVG TECH in 1st place
By Xeo 08-03-12

@thebanik: Very nice job Banik da. The HOC40 definitely seems like a winner to me. Still waiting on the 120ST and DT reviews.
@nikolain: Brilliant job with the coolers.
By vijayninel 08-03-12

Originally Posted by nikolain View Post
Corsair sells 40k to 50k units per month, (the manufacturing cost of H100 is only about 50 USD, while its being sold at 120 USD or so)
Can you tell me what is the source of this information. Especially the part about the number of units sold by Corsair? Thanks.
By Xeo 08-03-12

:ninja:
Spies everywhere!
By thebanik 08-03-12

Thanks @nikolain and @Xeo.....

I assume with HOC60 in the midst of all this, people in India may skip those costly custom water cooling loops in a few months when it becomes available. Something to look out for in the future.....
By nikolain 08-03-12

Originally Posted by vijayninel View Post
Can you tell me what is the source of this information. Especially the part about the number of units sold by Corsair? Thanks.
I know each and every company where Corsair's cooling units are manufactured in China
By Man 08-03-12

Really nice work. Congrats to the manufacturer for doing a gr8 indigenous job.
@thebanik there seems to be some disparity with what the graph says what you wrote @ page 4, 4.8ghz graph.
By syedthedevil 08-03-12

@thebanik nice review
@nikolian thanks for the awesome products.

---------- Post added at 11:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 PM ----------

@nikolain
Post New Article  Comment
Please share with friends!

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.erodov.com/forums/svgtech-hoc-40-hoc-20-liquid-coolers-review/49835.html
Posted By For Type Date
Maxishine &bull; View topic - 2nd Review: SVG TECH HOC 20 & HOC 40 Liquid CPU Coolers This thread Refback 07-11-12 07:23 PM
Maxishine &bull; View topic - 2nd Review: SVG TECH HOC 20 & HOC 40 Liquid CPU Coolers This thread Refback 23-08-12 03:31 PM
Maxishine &bull; View topic - 2nd Review: SVG TECH HOC 20 & HOC 40 Liquid CPU Coolers This thread Refback 26-07-12 09:52 PM
Maxishine &bull; View topic - 2nd Review: SVG TECH HOC 20 & HOC 40 Liquid CPU Coolers This thread Refback 13-05-12 06:25 PM
Indian water cooler manufacturer!!! - techPowerUp! Forums This thread Refback 15-04-12 07:22 PM
Indian water cooler manufacturer!!! - techPowerUp! Forums This thread Refback 15-04-12 02:57 PM
Indian water cooler manufacturer!!! - techPowerUp! Forums This thread Refback 15-04-12 02:56 PM
Indian water cooler manufacturer This thread Refback 18-03-12 07:13 AM
Maxishine &bull; View topic - 2nd Review: SVG TECH HOC 20 & HOC 40 Liquid CPU Coolers This thread Refback 09-03-12 02:33 AM
Maxishine &bull; View topic - 2nd Review: SVG TECH HOC 20 & HOC 40 Liquid CPU Coolers This thread Refback 09-03-12 01:47 AM
Article : SVGTECH HOC 40 and HOC 20 Liquid Coolers Review | Digg Topnews This thread Refback 09-03-12 12:21 AM
Maxishine &bull; View topic - 2nd Review: SVG TECH HOC 20 & HOC 40 Liquid CPU Coolers This thread Refback 09-03-12 12:19 AM
Maxishine &bull; View topic - 2nd Review: SVG TECH HOC 20 & HOC 40 Liquid CPU Coolers This thread Refback 08-03-12 09:06 PM
HOC 20 This thread Refback 08-03-12 08:44 PM
HOC 40 This thread Refback 08-03-12 08:29 PM
Maxishine &bull; View topic - 2nd Review: SVG TECH HOC 20 & HOC 40 Liquid CPU Coolers This thread Refback 08-03-12 06:49 PM
Maxishine &bull; View topic - 2nd Review: SVG TECH HOC 20 & HOC 40 Liquid CPU Coolers This thread Refback 08-03-12 06:20 PM
Maxishine &bull; View topic - 2nd Review: SVG TECH HOC 20 & HOC 40 Liquid CPU Coolers This thread Refback 08-03-12 06:15 PM
Maxishine &bull; View topic - 2nd Review: SVG TECH HOC 20 & HOC 40 Liquid CPU Coolers This thread Refback 08-03-12 05:41 PM
Maxishine &bull; View topic - 2nd Review: SVG TECH HOC 20 & HOC 40 Liquid CPU Coolers This thread Refback 08-03-12 05:33 PM
Maxishine &bull; View topic - 2nd Review: SVG TECH HOC 20 & HOC 40 Liquid CPU Coolers This thread Refback 08-03-12 05:27 PM