Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Buying Help > PC Buying Help
Register Forgot Password?

Old 14-11-13   #1
teh nuB!
I havent set my status yet.

Rig Gallery
Suggestions for a MiniITX Gaming Rig Under 80K

I need help in buying/building a new miniITX Gaming PC. My budget and requirements are as follows:
  • Budget: Under 80K
Core i7-3770k overclocked to 4500MHz
Asus P8Z77-V Pro motherboard
16GB Gskill rip jaws X 1600mhz
Zotac gtx670 AMP edition
Samsung 840 PRO SSD (250gb) + Seagate barracuda 1TB
Corsair HX850 PSU
Corsair H80 CPU cooler
Bitfenix Shinobi XL window cabinet (swapped stock fans with Spectre Pro LED Fans by Bitfenix)
Dell U2412M Monitor

APC PRO1500 UPS
  • Components from the existing setup that you intend to keep: ALL
  • Components that you have in mind for your new PC: RAM, CPU, MOBO, Graphics Card, PSU, Cooler Master Elite 130 CASE (not yet available), A very Good after market air cooling solution or Cooler master Seidon 120M water cooler for the CPU, SSD, HDD, Monitor 24"
  • Plans to upgrade in the future: YES but after 2 years or more
  • Places from where you will buy components along with your location: Will mostly buy from Prime ABGB Lamington road OR others in-MUMBAI (lamington road), My location is Mumbai ,Andheri west
  • Are you comfortable with buying secondhand components from the Erodov market? : NO
  • Intended use of the PC [gaming/office use/rendering/HD playback etc] : GAMING ONLY
  • Brand preferences: ASUS, CORSAIR, COOLER MASTER, ZOTAC
  • Monitor resolution and size: 24" Should have good colors and no ghosting issues
  • Will you be overclocking your setup?: NO
  • Which OS will you use?: Windows 7 Home Premium
NOTE: I tried to find the Bitfenix prodigy case but its out of stock everywhere including Distributor and personally I find it a bit big for a mini ITX case. I like the new Coolermaster Elite 130 but no news of it yet anywhere. If any one has any idea about its availability then please let me know.
Please help me out with the best possible components for me under 80K.
I have no clue what I should put this time as its a miniITX build. I need this setup so that I can do some gaming in my bedroom at night. My main system is in the other room which I use in the day time. Your expert opinion will be highly appreciated guys. THANK YOU

Last edited by mod_to_odd; 14-11-13 at 04:28 PM.
mod_to_odd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-13   #2
Patient_Zero
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
Zombie Enthusiast

realandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly Admirable
Re: Suggestions for a MiniITX Gaming Rig Under 80K

For the requirements you mentioned, i would suggest these -

i5 4570= 13.5k

Asus H87I PLUS= 7.8k

Kingston HyperX Blu 2x4GB 1600mhz= 5k

HDD: WDC Caviar Blue 1TB= 4k

SSD: Samsung 840 120GB= 6k

Cabby: CM Elite 120 Advanced= 3k

GPU: Sapphire R9 280X DualX 3GB= 22.5k

PSU: Antec VP650P V2= 4.5 (HSW Ready)

Monitor: BenQ RL2450H LED= 12.5k

TOTAL= 78.8k

With the rest get a CPU cooler. Now remember, you're using a mini-ITX cabby, so not any cooler would do. So, take a low profile cooler like CM GeminII M4 (CPU cooler height is 65mm for both Elite 120 & 130). I'm not aware of it's current price, but should be around 2.5k
Now regarding the cabby: well, i'm not a big fan of mini-ITX cases, so i would have personally suggested the Corsair Obsidian 350D. It's a mATX case.
But as your Elite 130 isn't available yet, so i suggested the Elite 120 Advanced. So, if you don't find it, you can have an option.
And apparently, there isn't much difference between the two, just 4-5 degrees. So, yeah
realandR3cys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-13   #3
teh nuB!
Everything parallel

harshilsharma is Mysterious

Again, why do want an upgrade?
Intel i3 2100 3.1GHz | EVM 2x2 GB DDR3 RAM 1333 MHz | Intel DH61WW | Seagate Barracuda 500 GB | Corsair CX430v2 | Zebronics Oval | LG E2242C 22" FHD | Logitech KB mouse combo | Seagate Extension 500 GB portable HDD | APC RS-600 UPS | Philips SHP 2000
harshilsharma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-13   #4
Cat in the rat race
Incognito

ChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly Famed

For mini-ITX, I suggest you to get a better cabinet. Elite 130 and its iterations are good, but nothing beats something like Silverstone TJ08B/E. Since you will be air cooling the entire rig, Silverstone one will be much better provided you put in the right type of components in it.

Get a GPU with a blowing style cooler, and a low-profile CPU cooler like NH12-S.

If you didn't have a GPU, I would have suggested the cute Asus DCUII Mini GTX670. It's a small firecracker

But I have the same question - after upgrading recently, why do you want to do it again? You will lose quite some value in selling those hardware components, I tell ya.
Old 14-11-13   #5
teh smartie pantS!
[E]onian

manojcitc is Notable

Originally Posted by harshilsharma View Post
Again, why do want an upgrade?
Originally Posted by ChironX View Post

But I have the same question - after upgrading recently, why do you want to do it again? You will lose quite some value in selling those hardware components, I tell ya.

I think after reading op main post, he want another set up for different room, which he would use at night for gaming... The mention rig will be there but in different room..

manojcitc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-13   #6
teh nuB!

Rig Gallery

mod_to_odd is Mysterious

Nice to see some good replies coming from you all. manojcitc you got it right.

And realandR3cys, your list above seems to be good enough. However, I want to ask one thing regarding the GPU. I feel that Nvidia drivers are better and their cards much more cooler than the AMD cards. I was thinking of getting the Zotac GTX 760 card. But plz do give your views on the AMD 280/290x cards also. Where can I find the Sapphire 280x ?

ChironX The Silverstone is indeed a nice case but I want something smaller than that.

Last edited by mod_to_odd; 14-11-13 at 10:54 PM.
Old 14-11-13   #7
Patient_Zero
Zombie Enthusiast

realandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly Admirable
Originally Posted by mod_to_odd View Post
However, I want to ask one thing regarding the GPU. I feel that Nvidia drivers are better and their cards much more cooler than the AMD cards. I was thinking of getting the Zotac GTX 760 card. But plz do give your views on the AMD 280/290x cards also. Where can I find the Sapphire 280x ?
Well, i say do give the red team a try this time?
Times have changed a lot now, and both teams have equal driver support upfront. Plus games are gonna be more AMD GPU optimised for the future.

Regarding 280X, i'd say it's a brilliant card. It's a HD7970GE clone. Performs a whooping 15% more than a GTX760, but costs just a slight more.
Plus you get 3gigs of VRAM & a free BF4 key to get you started. It's really a steal card for the price/performance it offers.

Regarding availability, i think you can easily get it at Lammy, either at IT Wares or Primeabgb..
Here's a reference link

ON SALE! - SAPPHIRE GRAPHICS CARD DUAL X R9 280X 3GB DDR5 OC - Rs.23,499 - WELCOME TO MDCOMPUTERS ::::::::::The Ultimate IT Solutions::::::::::

---------- Post added at 12:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 AM ----------

Regarding the GPU, you should really see this, incase you haven't (just a joke)

AMD Radeon
Old 15-11-13   #8
teh nuB!

Rig Gallery

mod_to_odd is Mysterious

Originally Posted by ChironX View Post
For mini-ITX, I suggest you to get a better cabinet. Elite 130 and its iterations are good, but nothing beats something like Silverstone TJ08B/E.
What's the difference between Silverstone TJ08B and TJ08E ??? And what if I decide to just go the microATX way then what motherboard and RAM will be good to pair it with the i5 4570K?
Old 15-11-13   #9
Patient_Zero
Zombie Enthusiast

what motherboard and RAM will be good to pair it with the i5 4570K?
There isn't any 4570K mate.
There's i5 4570, 4670 (non-K) and there's i5 4670K.

And i don't see why you should waste on an unlocked 'K' CPU when you're not even OCing.
As for the mobo, you can take the Gigabyte H87M-D3H for 7.5k
RAM stays same..
Old 15-11-13   #10
Cat in the rat race
Incognito

ChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly Famed

What's the difference between Silverstone TJ08B and TJ08E
I think Prime quoted the names incorrectly. It should be TJ08B-E and TJ08E. B generally indicates a Black case, where as normal E would be their brushed aluminium (read grey) color.

If you want something more suave, go for FT03 or FT03 mini. Looks damn amazing.
ChironX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-13   #11
teh nuB!

Rig Gallery

mod_to_odd is Mysterious

Ok Guys. I have given it a lot of thought and i want to change things a bit. I was wondering if i could just shift all my existing components in a smaller cabinet like the Bitfenix Prodigy which i can carry anywhere easily. I don't want to unnecessarily waste 80K on a new system.
Now, a few questions.

1) Do i need to change my existing motherboard or it will fit in the Prodigy case? And, if i have to buy a new one then what would be the best overclockers miniitx board that can replace my Asus P8Z77-V Pro ? I need WiFi inbuilt.

2) What other stuff i need to change.

3) Will i have to again install windows 7 and all other programs?

I just want to be able to play some games at night in my bedroom. My computer case as of now is the Huge Bitfenix Shinobi XL window cabinet which intimidates every person who enters in my room and i am always asked "what on earth is this?" So thats one main issue.
Apart from this if there is anything i should know, plz tell me. THANKS.
Old 18-11-13   #12
Patient_Zero
Zombie Enthusiast

Ok Guys. I have given it a lot of thought and i want to change things a bit. I was wondering if i could just shift all my existing components in a smaller cabinet like the Bitfenix Prodigy which i can carry anywhere easily. I don't want to unnecessarily waste 80K on a new system.
Now, a few questions.

1) Do i need to change my existing motherboard or it will fit in the Prodigy case? And, if i have to buy a new one then what would be the best overclockers miniitx board that can replace my Asus P8Z77-V Pro ? I need WiFi inbuilt.

2) What other stuff i need to change.

3) Will i have to again install windows 7 and all other programs?

I just want to be able to play some games at night in my bedroom. My computer case as of now is the Huge Bitfenix Shinobi XL window cabinet which intimidates every person who enters in my room and i am always asked "what on earth is this?" So thats one main issue.
Apart from this if there is anything i should know, plz tell me. THANKS.
1. Apart from the mobo, everything seems fine.
But it's hard to find good mITX Z77 mobos here in India.
Only the Asus Z77I Deluxe and the MSI Z77IA E53 seemed worthy to me.
But again, they're hard to find around.
So.

2. Nope.
H80 will fit in the rear AFAIK, so don't have to worry. You have to squeeze the tubing though.
And yeah, you mentioned 16gigs of RAM. What are the per module size?
If it's 4x4, then you can't help other than either changing/selling or using 2 outta that 4.

3. Yes. As you're changing mobo. It's recommended.
Old 18-11-13   #13
teh nuB!

Rig Gallery

mod_to_odd is Mysterious

Originally Posted by realandR3cys View Post
1. Apart from the mobo, everything seems fine.
But it's hard to find good mITX Z77 mobos here in India.
Only the Asus Z77I Deluxe and the MSI Z77IA E53 seemed worthy to me.
But again, they're hard to find around.

What about micro ATX motherboards ?
Will my current motherboard fit in a micro ATX case?
If not then which is the best micro ATX motherboard and case?
Old 18-11-13   #14
Patient_Zero
Zombie Enthusiast

What about micro ATX motherboards ?
Will my current motherboard fit in a micro ATX case?
If not then which is the best micro ATX motherboard and case?
Your's an ATX mobo. So, it'll not fit in a mATX case.

And for mATX mobo & case suggestion?
I say go for

1. Asus Maximus V Gene (16k)

2. Corsair Obsidian 350D cabby (6k)
Post New Thread  Reply