Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.
Loading

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Buying Help > Gadgets & Consumer Electronics Buying Advice
Register Forgot Password?

 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 23-04-12   #1
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.
 
 
raksrules's Avatar

Suggest a P&S Digital Camera


Planning to buy a new P&S Digital camera. Requirements are...

1. Decent Mpx (i know high Mpx does not mean good camera). Current cam has max 8 Mpx.
2. Better zoom (current camera has 5X optical zoom), new one has to have far more.
3. Good or at least decent pics in low light / night conditions.
4. 720p video should be good for me.
5. Pics will be viewed on laptop as well as on a 46" Sony LCD TV sometimes.

I will be using the camera mostly in auto mode and it needs to be compact in size. I am not interested in bridge or DSLR camera. Something pocketable.
Not really decided on budget but max should be 300 $. Dont want to spend very much since i am a casual user and no pro.
I am in USA and will be buying from amazon.com

Last edited by raksrules; 23-04-12 at 07:06 AM.
raksrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-12   #2
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
Trapped in time. Surrounded by
 
 
shackled's Avatar

 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Pune
Posts: 107
shackled is very Notable
Icon7 Re: Suggest a P&S Digital Camera

Originally Posted by raksrules View Post
Planning to buy a new P&S Digital camera. Requirements are...

1. Decent Mpx (i know high Mpx does not mean good camera). Current cam has max 8 Mpx.
2. Better zoom (current camera has 5X optical zoom), new one has to have far more.
3. Good or at least decent pics in low light / night conditions.
4. 720p video should be good for me.
5. Pics will be viewed on laptop as well as on a 46" Sony LCD TV sometimes.

I will be using the camera mostly in auto mode and it needs to be compact in size. I am not interested in bridge or DSLR camera. Something pocketable.
Not really decided on budget but max should be 300 $. Dont want to spend very much since i am a casual user and no pro.
I am in USA and will be buying from amazon.com
Do go ahead and try the Canon Powershot SX260 HS, it will be in line with all your needs. A friend uses this and it has always been charm whenever i have laid my hands on it. Here's a link on the amazon site for the same.




other than this you can also check out the nikon coolpix s8200. I have heard good reviews about it but do not have any personal hands on experience.
__________________
Trapped in TIME, surrounded by EVIL, low on GAS..
shackled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-12   #3
teh priesT!
[E]onian
[E]ddicted !
 
 
mohitgamer's Avatar

 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 915
mohitgamer is highly Reputablemohitgamer is highly Reputablemohitgamer is highly Reputable
Re: Suggest a P&S Digital Camera

I have a P&S Panasonic TZ7 (Leica Lens), operate in on Auto Mode, view the pics on 32" LCD and the results are pretty decent.
__________________
mohitgamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-12   #4
teh priesT!
[E]onian
BBM on android ;)
 
 
aman360elite's Avatar

 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Manipal
Posts: 520
aman360elite is very Respectfulaman360elite is very Respectful
Re: Suggest a P&S Digital Camera

300$ is arnd 15k right??
If ur buying it from outside India..give the nikon p100 a look.In that price u cant get a better point and shoot camera
__________________
Amanz PC
Processer - AMD Phenon II 955 BE 3.2GHz | Power Supplied by-CM Extreme 500| Heart of the PC-Asus M4A88TD-M EVO
Memory Corsair XMS 3 1333Mhz 2*2Gb | Home to the components - Nzxt Guardian 921 RB

Acoustics - Logitech Z-2300

My Gaming Armor - Razer Deathadder 3500Dpi
Logitech G510
Siberia V2|Black and Gold

Mouse Glides on - Steel series Qck

HP G6 2005X
AMD A8 Quad Core 1.9Ghz |4GB 1600MHz|500GB HDD|1.5 Dual Graphics(7670M+7640G)
Mobile Devices-HTC ONE X Rooted[RUNNING ARHD 13.0]
aman360elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-12   #5
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.
 
 
raksrules's Avatar

 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 156
raksrules is somewhat of a Mystery
Re: Suggest a P&S Digital Camera

Originally Posted by aman360elite View Post
300$ is arnd 15k right??
If ur buying it from outside India..give the nikon p100 a look.In that price u cant get a better point and shoot camera

I do not want a bridge camera so i will pass this. I had earlier considered the FZ series of panasonic and Sony HX100V and such but dropped the plan.
raksrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-12   #6
teh priesT!
[E]onian
BBM on android ;)
 
 
aman360elite's Avatar

 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Manipal
Posts: 520
aman360elite is very Respectfulaman360elite is very Respectful
Re: Suggest a P&S Digital Camera

Originally Posted by raksrules View Post
I do not want a bridge camera so i will pass this. I had earlier considered the FZ series of panasonic and Sony HX100V and such but dropped the plan.
Affirmative
aman360elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-12   #7
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.
 
 
babhishek's Avatar

 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 173
babhishek is highly Reputablebabhishek is highly Reputablebabhishek is highly Reputablebabhishek is highly Reputable
Re: Suggest a P&S Digital Camera

samsing wb series , schneider lens.
babhishek is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread  Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Want to Buy New Digital Camera: nshaikh Cameras and Photography Equipment 6 05-03-10 02:42 PM
Digital Camera tech2010 Closed/Completed Deals 2 07-02-10 09:10 PM
Digital camera help me! Chavez Ding Electronics and Consumer Durables 8 27-02-09 03:06 PM
WTB A Digital Camera Zodiac Closed/Completed Deals 0 26-12-08 07:54 PM


Tags
camera, digital, pands, suggest
All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 06:43 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.