Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Buying Help > Gadgets & Consumer Electronics Buying Advice
Register Forgot Password?

Old 21-06-12   #46
teh geeK!
[E]onian
Life no so Jingalala! lol!

Re: Suggest Moi an AC!

ok finally got the daikin 2.2 ton invertetr for 56.5K. :/
How much does the installation take? it does not have any pipe included :|
Pernicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-12   #47
Jason Bourne
Community Coordinator
Mushtakhanda !!!

ManISinJpr is extremely Noble
ManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely Noble

Well I would say that Daikin is the best choice for you, even if its 4 star but coz its an invertere model, you will still save more and have ample cooling

ManISinJpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-12   #48
teh geeK!
[E]onian

Pernicious is very Notable

@ManISinJpr
thats what i thought. even though the eer is low, i guess it would save more than a 5 star eer ogeneral.
Anyway, after buying a 60 grand ac and i dont get power bill cuts, hum duniya ke sabse bade chutiye kehlayenge lol
ManISinJpr likes this.
Old 21-06-12   #49
Jason Bourne
Community Coordinator
Mushtakhanda !!!

ManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely Noble

^^ lmao !!! Rotfl !! :d
Old 21-06-12   #50
Jeebus
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
forgiving your sins

RajaPraveen is extemely Distinguished
RajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely Distinguished

Originally Posted by Pernicious View Post
ok finally got the daikin 2.2 ton invertetr for 56.5K. :/
How much does the installation take? it does not have any pipe included :|
What? did they not provide free installation? they provide free installation here in Chennai and provide a standard stabilizer for free.

Anyways great choice and congrats!

RajaPraveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-12   #51
teh geeK!
[E]onian

Originally Posted by RajaPraveen View Post
What? did they not provide free installation? they provide free installation here in Chennai and provide a standard stabilizer for free. Anyways great choice and congrats!
Thank you. Well, no free installation here. Pipe, labour everything extra. Will cost at least 3000 probably 4000/- for the install.
let's just hope it worth the money.
Old 21-06-12   #52
Jeebus
forgiving your sins

RajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely Distinguished

I mean its not hope, daikin is all science and its proven so no matter what i say or Leo DiCaprio sings daikin will work the way it is meant to work.

Make sure you use a good quality stabilizer, i think when i was in daikin showroom here in Chennai they had a meter on how many watt of power it uses, after cooling down the place it gradually decreased and started using very less power and maintained constant temperature. The non inverter models on the other hand completely shut down the compressor once it reached the temperature and turn em on back to full power again once the room temperature increased, this cause a lot of power being wasted and not utilized properly.
ManISinJpr and Pernicious like this.
Old 23-06-12   #53
teh geeK!
[E]onian

I mean its not hope, daikin is all science and its proven so no matter what i say or Leo DiCaprio sings daikin will work the way it is meant to work. Make sure you use a good quality stabilizer, i think when i was in daikin showroom here in Chennai they had a meter on how many watt of power it uses, after cooling down the place it gradually decreased and started using very less power and maintained constant temperature. The non inverter models on the other hand completely shut down the compressor once it reached the temperature and turn em on back to full power again once the room temperature increased, this cause a lot of power being wasted and not utilized properly.
that actually is very scientific. if it is maintaining the same temperature, it certainly will use less energy rather than reducing the temperature. Also, the other machines (non inverter) in this perspective be it 5 star or not do sound very inefficient as by turning off the compressor, they are actually causing the rise in temperature! then again on to lower it, means more usage any day over an inverter!!

Amazing, before the invention of inverters this thought never came to mind haha..
@RajaPraveen, well the choice is made. Any way though, how much do you think the daikin can go down from 2580 watts? Also, I am pretty sure setting the temperature at 18 degrees would fail the point of an inverter as generally 18 would be very hard to reach in my circumstance. An inverter shows its benefits only when the desired temperature is reached and it maintains that right? Please reply.

Lastly about the stabilizer, in Kolkata here we don't need a stabilizer. The volts are perfect and there is no need to use one. Saved around 5-6 grand here lol!
ManISinJpr likes this.
Old 23-06-12   #54
Jeebus
forgiving your sins

Originally Posted by Pernicious View Post
well the choice is made. Any way though, how much do you think the daikin can go down from 2580 watts? Also, I am pretty sure setting the temperature at 18 degrees would fail the point of an inverter as generally 18 would be very hard to reach in my circumstance. An inverter shows its benefits only when the desired temperature is reached and it maintains that right? Please reply.
18 is not possible in Calcutta or in Chennai so when you set it to 18 it will reach its maximum for sometime and once the temperature is steady and there is not much drop it will lower its consumption and work accordingly.

Initially when you turn on the AC the ambient temp is definitely more higher so after a while the inverter in any case wont need as much as power to maintain its temperature in any case.
Old 23-06-12   #55
teh geeK!
[E]onian

18 is not possible in Calcutta or in Chennai so when you set it to 18 it will reach its maximum for sometime and once the temperature is steady and there is not much drop it will lower its consumption and work accordingly. Initially when you turn on the AC the ambient temp is definitely more higher so after a while the inverter in any case wont need as much as power to maintain its temperature in any case.
huh? that means even if I set it at 18, it will "intelligently" find the lowest it can go and maintain that? seriously? O.o Or I must set it at something arond say 22
Old 23-06-12   #56
Jeebus
forgiving your sins

I guess that is how most of the split A/C's work,once they reach their maximum output(of a setting) and there is no further drop they shut off the compressor but in the case of inverter it wont shut down the compressor.

I set my A/C at 25 and it shuts down the compressor within half hour for the first time and then quite often, but if you think about it is kind of impossible for any A/C to reach 25 so quickly in Chennai where the ambient is around 42 now.
ManISinJpr likes this.
Old 23-06-12   #57
teh geeK!
[E]onian

I set my A/C at 25 and it shuts down the compressor within half hour for the first time and then quite often, but if you think about it is kind of impossible for any A/C to reach 25 so quickly in Chennai where the ambient is around 42 now. Like this post
no I don't think it's impossible. Can't really comment on that until I know about the parameters there

btw inside the rooms it is not 42 right!! that would be freaking :| i don't know what.
Old 23-06-12   #58
Jeebus
forgiving your sins

My room is on the top floor and there only the water tank above so it is mostly around 35-40 in summer and the A/C is always running.
ManISinJpr likes this.
Old 23-06-12   #59
Jason Bourne
Community Coordinator
Mushtakhanda !!!

Mostly same as me, except that I don't have a water tank over my room and it is pounded by direct sunlight most of the day ! til the sun sets..
so my room is an OVEN !!
no a/c works here, I have a Electrolux 1.5 ton in my room and it doesn't even trip !!
My room size is, 11x18' and the roof is 12 feet !
My room is on the top floor and there only the water tank above so it is mostly around 35-40 in summer and the A/C is always running.
Old 25-06-12   #60
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian
trolling around

baba doga is Notable

What? did they not provide free installation? they provide free installation here in Chennai and provide a standard stabilizer for free.

Anyways great choice and congrats!

actually,around here, you pay for the plumbing & electrical material, the installation labour and stabliser as well.

/rant

daikin official quote for plumbing: 650/m for the copper plumbing, 100/m for wire, 750 for stand, 1500 for installation.

plumbing cost at a refrigeration tooling dealer: 50/ft for 1/2 inch pipe,60/ft for 5/8, 20/ft for 1/4 pipe. 60/m for standard four core wire. insulation - i forgot to inquire but i doubt it being higher than 5/ft, considering copper is 20/ft...
all prices for small quantities.

that makes it 306/m, including electricals. daylight robbery if you ask me.

/rant over
baba doga is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread  Reply