Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Hardware Zone > Sound and Audio
Register Forgot Password?

Old 17-11-11   #1
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
(╯□)

Suggest IEM - Rs.600 Maximum

Hey,
I need IEM' for my iPhone. I don't want to spend more than Rs.600/-, I have been using stock iPhone ones till now. Is it possible to have track change/play pause control on the IEM's like the stock iPhone ones if I happen to increase my budget to 1k? But that is not a requirement as such, only an add-on. I'd like to keep the budget at 600rs. and go for better IEM' than spend more for the control feature and get lower quality ones.

Till now, I have been able to find -

1) JVC Marshmallow
2) Flipkart.com: Philips Headphones Stereo SHE3570BL: Headphone
3) Flipkart.com: Skullcandy D - 2XL In Ear Earphones Stereo X2SPCZ-814: Headphone
4) Buy Sony In-Ear Earphones MDR-EX10LP/P (Pink) at Best Price in India - Also find Specifications, Photos, Features & Reviews
5) Buy Skullcandy 2XL In-ear Earphone (Rasta) X2SPBZ-34 at Best Price in India - Also find Specifications, Photos, Features & Reviews

Thanks in advance,
Kauffmann
Old 17-11-11   #2
Jason Bourne
Community Moderator
Mushtakhanda !!!

ManISinJpr is extremely Noble
ManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely Noble
Re: Suggest IEM - Rs.600 Maximum

The skullcandy or the JVC marshmallow..

ManISinJpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-11   #3
Heligoland
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
Hibernating.

SidK!! is highly FamedSidK!! is highly FamedSidK!! is highly FamedSidK!! is highly FamedSidK!! is highly FamedSidK!! is highly FamedSidK!! is highly FamedSidK!! is highly Famed
marshmallows no question about it. although these skullcandies are also very decent.

I was commenting on the absurdity of the assumption that Mario>Freeman

To qualify my statement - Mario is an Italian immigrant plumber who spends his life chasing a dame who refuses to let him bang her.

Freeman is a physicist who saves the world (multiple times) with a crowbar. And he manages to get Alyx Vance to fall in love with him without needing mushrooms, stars or jumping on enemies.
SidK!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-11   #4
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
(╯□)

kauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Great

Is anyone still selling the JVC Marshmallows for 550 - 600? Even 600! Lynx has them listen about 1k and I don't want to order from them.

@SidK!! , which SkullCandy ones are you referring to? I have two up in the list.
kauffmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-11   #5
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
iDota

Rig Gallery

1Sarath is Notable

JVC marshmellows from pristinenote
Old 17-11-11   #6
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
(╯□)

kauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Great

Buygamingstuff has them for Rs.580/- shipped too.

Thanks for the website, it looks great @1Sarath. Between JVC and PL-11, which one would you recommend? They're both priced similarly.
Old 17-11-11   #7
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
Puny human

dexbg is extremely Renowned
dexbg is extremely Renowneddexbg is extremely Renowned
Marshmallows are built very tough.. The pl11s are delicate.

I'm using the marshmallows right now while working out and they have been yanked, pulled and stretched in all ways.

The foam tips of the marshmallows provide better isolation and get kinda molded according to the shape of your ear canal..

The wire length of the marshmallows is shorter so they you will have difficulty using them on a desktop PC.. Otherwise the length is decent enough to not hang loose.

The marshmallows have a balanced audio output.. So you can play around with your eq.. Pl11s are bass heavy (??) IIRC..

(begun the clone war has)

"I was there .. till the end"
dexbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-11   #8
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
(╯□)

And how do the JVC Marshmallow compare to Audio Technica CK101 - Audio-Technica - Microphones, headphones, wireless microphone systems, noise-cancelling headphones & more : Singapore - English

---------- Post added at 09:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 PM ----------

@DeXterboygenius - Thanks for the elaborative post mate! I think I'll go for the Marshmallow'. I don't plug in my earphones to the computer, so shouldn't be a hassle and I don't like heavy bass either. Thanks again mate!

PS: Why can't I tag you in the post?
Old 17-11-11   #9
CoMod
Community Moderator
Sellers beware of the invasion

invader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Great

Marshmellows are real good .. i know many people using it and they all are more than happy ...
invader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-11   #10
Heligoland
Hibernating.

SidK!! is highly FamedSidK!! is highly FamedSidK!! is highly FamedSidK!! is highly FamedSidK!! is highly FamedSidK!! is highly FamedSidK!! is highly FamedSidK!! is highly Famed
pls do not go for pl11 or any sm product for that matter.

Old 18-11-11   #11
teh nuB!
:@

DELTA is Mysterious

Originally Posted by SidK!! View Post
pls do not go for pl11 or any sm product for that matter.

^Second that

Do check though, I've heard (read somewhere actually) that the JVC's will pretty much go taut if you are tall, so if you plan on going jogging with em, they are probably bound to come off. Can anyone confirm this fact?

And what about the EP630's wouldn't they come into the picture?
DELTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-11   #12
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
Eat, game, Sleep... Repeat!

pratzgh1 is Notable

Guys, i don't know about other user experiences, but have owned the pl11's since a year, traveling, everyday from Panvel to Malad, heavy train traffic, (i change 3 trains and travel for about 2 hours, each way) and the Pl11's have lived upto all that beating.. And Sound Superb with plenty Bass and Sparkling trebles with good vocals, although lacking the sound stage (Don't expect that from this budget)...

Bought them from, Prime abgb, for Just 500Bux Shipped and boy o boy, they sound great... I use them with my ipod or cell phone.. And, on an ipod they prove themselves much valuable! Much worhty than the price tag they come at!

i love the sound and i suggest you to audition, the earphones and then decide... Hint: Find a Pristine Note Store

I Back the Pl11's no matter what other's say or have heard.. I personally use them extensively, and haven't had a single problem whatsoever.. Totally reccommendddddd....
Old 18-11-11   #13
Konkey Dong
Lawlz?

ViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply Great

Marshmallows.
ManISinJpr likes this.
Old 18-11-11   #14
Heligoland
Hibernating.

@pratzgh1what other earphones have you used?

ManISinJpr likes this.
Old 18-11-11   #15
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
Eat, game, Sleep... Repeat!

pratzgh1 is Notable

I own a Brainwavz M2, but dont risk carrying them around to work...
pratzgh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread  Reply