Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation
  • Home
  • Forums
  • Articles
  • News
  • Gaming
  • Bazaar
  • Community
  • What's New
  • My Erodov
  • Help
navigation
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Launchpad > News
Register Forgot Password?
Post New News  Reply

Article Tools Search this Article
Old 25-08-13
Patient_Zero
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
Zombie Enthusiast

realandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly Admirable
Re: Steve Ballmer Forced Out After $900M Surface Fiasco

Cool! No worries..
Old 25-08-13
Jason Bourne
Community Moderator
Mushtakhanda !!!

ManISinJpr is extremely Noble
ManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely Noble

So ( I have to laugh at this, ) Vijay, you think that ther are no people in MS, then its ok also with me..
But there are people in the world who are the best and they would be contacting their agents to fill a form for th etop job at M$

but if you think that there is no future then I must wait it out. to see the result.
Originally Posted by vijayninel View Post
I dont see many capable people in Micorsoft now. The problem is that not only was Ballmer incompetent, but he also put a lot of incompetent people in high places
Old 25-08-13
teh spamm[E]R!
I havent set my status yet.

thebanik is extemely Distinguished
thebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguished
Rig Gallery

Originally Posted by ManISinJpr View Post
So ( I have to laugh at this, ) Vijay, you think that ther are no people in MS, then its ok also with me..
But there are people in the world who are the best and they would be contacting their agents to fill a form for th etop job at M$

but if you think that there is no future then I must wait it out. to see the result.
I have no idea about the situation TBH. So cannot really say whether its really the truth or not.

But it would not surprise me a little if what Vijay said is true. Because a CEO for companies like Microsoft, Apple are not just people with experience but people who have inherited talent which needs to be groomed. A CEO has to have vision, and not some guy who just have grown ranks by kissing butts. If they do not have the talent and the vision then sooner than later the company dooms. Individual employees cannot sink a company but a CEO definitely can.
Fenix likes this.
Old 25-08-13
teh geeK!
[E]onian
now has 1311 posts.. :P

rajan1311 is highly Famedrajan1311 is highly Famedrajan1311 is highly Famedrajan1311 is highly Famedrajan1311 is highly Famedrajan1311 is highly Famedrajan1311 is highly Famedrajan1311 is highly Famed

$900m is not much for MS... the had a 6 billion $ write off of aQuantive... they really don't care
Old 25-08-13
Unelected
Administrator
Meum pactum dictum

vijayninel is extremely Eminent
vijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminent
Rig Gallery

Originally Posted by thebanik View Post
Individual employees cannot sink a company but a CEO definitely can.
Actually some of the top people in Microsoft have done far more damage to the company than Ballmer. I think towards the end Ballmer started realising this and was moving to make changes. The person whom I think caused most damage to the company was Steven Sinofsky. Initially Ballmer surrendered to Sinofsky and let him play havoc in the company, but he finally realised that he had to be reigned in and last year Sinofsky was fired. But the damage that Sinosky has caused will haunt the company for years to come. At one time Sinofsky was thought to be the next CEO of the company. Thank goodness that's not going to happen.

Recently Julie Larson-Green was also moved out of Windows but I think that is not enough. She also needs to be fired so she doesnt do damage in other divisions.

The problem is that all the current managers are products of the same school of thought and corporate culture. This is why the board must get someone from outside (though that probably wont happen).

One of the first things that the new CEO must do is to remove the Enron style poisonous employee-ranking system which is causing so much damage to the company. Stack ranking: Steve Ballmer's employee-evaluation system and Microsoft's decline. It is because of this system that Microsoft employees spend most of their time in office politics and trying to sabotage their colleagues rather than come up with better products.
Fenix likes this.
Old 25-08-13
teh spamm[E]R!
I havent set my status yet.

thebanik is extemely Distinguished
thebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguished
Rig Gallery

One of the first things that the new CEO must do is to remove the Enron style poisonous employee-ranking system which is causing so much damage to the company. Stack ranking: Steve Ballmer's employee-evaluation system and Microsoft's decline. It is because of this system that Microsoft employees spend most of their time in office politics and trying to sabotage their colleagues rather than come up with better products.
Looks like the journalists who covered these sort of articles have not worked in a corporate environment. Almost all companies in India (because thats what I know of) use bell curve (whether by advertising it or not) for employee appraisals and evaluation. There is nothing wrong in it.
ManISinJpr and rajan1311 like this.
Old 26-08-13
teh spamm[E]R!
-

Free Radical is extemely Distinguished
Free Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely Distinguished
Rig Gallery

Whatever be the reason of his leaving M$, I am gonna miss the pictures Vijay posts in Ballmer threads
vijayninel likes this.
Old 26-08-13
teh nuB!
let's see

avinandan012 is Mysterious

Looks like the journalists who covered these sort of articles have not worked in a corporate environment. Almost all companies in India (because thats what I know of) use bell curve (whether by advertising it or not) for employee appraisals and evaluation. There is nothing wrong in it.
C'mon you can't compare our tool user companies with Microsoft. Our Indian companies needs/expects 'skilled' persons where as the product companies like Microsoft expects 'talented' person.
Old 26-08-13
Cyanogenmod 6.0-N1
work, work and more work :(

blufox is extremely Renowned
blufox is extremely Renownedblufox is extremely Renownedblufox is extremely Renownedblufox is extremely Renownedblufox is extremely Renowned
Rig Gallery

Finally Baldy is out. Salesman heading a company like Microsoft is a boo boo.
They need someone who can inspire, who has a proper vision of where Microsoft is heading.

Windows 8 is a nice OS on phone but due to salesman mentality of top management, you can see it is severely hampered, so is Xbox. Paying for a youtube App on Xbox? Are you kidding me? What is this, 1995?

Cu,
Old 20-11-13
Unelected
Administrator
Meum pactum dictum

vijayninel is extremely Eminent
vijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminent
Rig Gallery

Looks like the journalists who covered these sort of articles have not worked in a corporate environment. Almost all companies in India (because thats what I know of) use bell curve (whether by advertising it or not) for employee appraisals and evaluation.

There is nothing wrong in it.
It seems that even Ballmer knew what was wrong with it and finally decided to fix the damage a bit before he left. Read this bit > Microsoft does away with stack ranking | ZDNet
Old 19-04-15
teh nuB!
Chicken forever!

iloveayambakar is Mysterious

Windows has been getting worse. It's easier to search for files in older versions. Windows 7 and 8 are just plain terrible like they don't want you to find anything. Windows 8 has a design that isn't even meant for regular PCs.

For the benefit of Windows 8 though, I had a broken hard drive when I was using Win7 and I could not access it at all due to errors. Win8 offered to fix that drive after I did dual boot and miraculously the drive works perfectly now.
Old 01-05-15
teh nuB!
[E]onian
LF> Great Games and Apps

Penny is Mysterious

No worries... Windows 10 is coming
Post New News  Reply
Please share with friends!

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search

Similar News
Article Author Forum Replies Last Post
Mark Zuckerberg Is Now Richer Than Steve Jobs, Google Co-Founders, Steve Ballmer RajaPraveen Interesting News on the Web 3 01-07-11 04:42 PM
Steve Ballmer Autographs MacBook vijayninel Interesting News on the Web 15 25-01-10 09:12 AM
Microsoft May Oust Steve Ballmer vijayninel Interesting News on the Web 4 25-12-09 01:06 PM
Funny Steve Ballmer Th3 KiNg Everything Under the Sun 4 24-02-09 12:23 AM
Steve Ballmer says it's okay to skip Vista gamer Interesting News on the Web 0 20-10-08 01:20 PM

Tags
$900m, ballmer, fiasco, forced, steve, surface