Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Hardware Zone > General Hardware and Peripherals
Register Forgot Password?

Old 02-06-09   #1
teh geeK!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.

Steering wheel

I need a steering wheel for PC within a budget of 7k.

I am confused between two wheels at the moment.

Xbox.com | Accessories - Xbox 360 Wireless Racing Wheel

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/ga...s/320&cl=US,EN

I read in reviews that the X360 wheel has got very good feedback and nice build quality but i came across one thread on some forum where members were complaining that it isnt good for use on PC as they were not getting force feedback on PC. And for Logitech Momo I am not happy with the amount of buttons present on the wheel and also the X360 wheel seems to have a better build quality.

So Please suggest which one should I buy.

PS-I already own the XBOX 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver which would be required to connect the X360 steering wheel.
Old 02-06-09   #2
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian

Rig Gallery

Aragorn is extremely Renowned
Aragorn is extremely RenownedAragorn is extremely RenownedAragorn is extremely Renowned
Re: Steering wheel

increase you budget (yeah please do) .. and get this ..

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/ga...s/131&cl=us,en

in steering wheels .. this is the only one worth buying .. trust me ..
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-09   #3
teh priesT!
[E]onian

saumilsingh is highly Admirablesaumilsingh is highly Admirablesaumilsingh is highly Admirablesaumilsingh is highly Admirablesaumilsingh is highly Admirablesaumilsingh is highly Admirable

All X360 wheels made my MS are ****, stay away from them.

If you can spend a bit more, I strongly recommend getting the Logitech Driving Force GT. It's a PS3 wheel but works perfectly with PC's once you install the Logitech Wingman software.
It has full 900 rotation so in essense you are getting a wheel with the specifications of a G25 for 1/3rd the price.

Infact the DF GT's predecessor, the DF Pro, was considered the best racing wheel for PC by simracers before the G25 came along even though it was a PS2 wheel .

Last edited by saumilsingh; 02-06-09 at 04:29 AM.
saumilsingh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-09   #4
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian

Rig Gallery

stonedsurd is extremely Renowned
stonedsurd is extremely Renownedstonedsurd is extremely Renownedstonedsurd is extremely Renowned

Originally Posted by DriftKingNT View Post
I need a steering wheel for PC within a budget of 7k.

I am confused between two wheels at the moment.

Xbox.com | Accessories - Xbox 360 Wireless Racing Wheel

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/ga...s/320&cl=US,EN

I read in reviews that the X360 wheel has got very good feedback and nice build quality but i came across one thread on some forum where members were complaining that it isnt good for use on PC as they were not getting force feedback on PC. And for Logitech Momo I am not happy with the amount of buttons present on the wheel and also the X360 wheel seems to have a better build quality.

So Please suggest which one should I buy.

PS-I already own the XBOX 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver which would be required to connect the X360 steering wheel.
Extra buttons are silly. You also have to think about what they'd be mapped to in-game.
I'd recommend the Logitech.
stonedsurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-09   #5
teh priesT!
[E]onian

saumilsingh is highly Admirablesaumilsingh is highly Admirablesaumilsingh is highly Admirablesaumilsingh is highly Admirablesaumilsingh is highly Admirablesaumilsingh is highly Admirable

^ Extra buttons are anything but silly. G25 owners are ruing over that fact there's nothing to bind their pitspeed limiter, pit radio and Motec output displays to .
Old 02-06-09   #6
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian

Rig Gallery

stonedsurd is extremely Renownedstonedsurd is extremely Renownedstonedsurd is extremely Renowned

Jeez-US. For me, that's be sheer overkill. I can't recall ever using more than 2 buttons. But then, I'm not a racer

Well, you're here - suggest something to the poor man
Old 02-06-09   #7
teh priesT!
[E]onian

Actually, I am planning to sell my 5 month old Momo and go in for a DF GT myself. Interested in buying it ?

Originally Posted by stonedsurd View Post
Jeez-US. For me, that's be sheer overkill. I can't recall ever using more than 2 buttons. But then, I'm not a racer

Well, you're here - suggest something to the poor man
Already did in post #3 .
Old 02-06-09   #8
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian

Rig Gallery

Whut about pedals on the DF GT?
Old 02-06-09   #9
teh priesT!
[E]onian

What about them :S? By my standards, none of the wheels except the G25 have really good pedals. They work alright but they are all so flimsy.
Old 02-06-09   #10
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian

Rig Gallery

Ah. I just find it weird to be gaming on a wheel without pedals, flimsy or otherwise
Old 02-06-09   #11
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian

Rig Gallery

Aragorn is extremely Renowned
Aragorn is extremely RenownedAragorn is extremely RenownedAragorn is extremely Renowned

G25 ... G25 .. G25 ..
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-09   #12
teh priesT!
[E]onian

Originally Posted by stonedsurd View Post
Ah. I just find it weird to be gaming on a wheel without pedals, flimsy or otherwise
The DF GT does come with pedals in case you're thinking otherwise. They are just not shown on that webpage.
Old 02-06-09   #13
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian

Rig Gallery

Cool, thanks
Old 02-06-09   #14
teh geeK!
[E]onian

DriftKingNT is highly AdmirableDriftKingNT is highly AdmirableDriftKingNT is highly AdmirableDriftKingNT is highly AdmirableDriftKingNT is highly AdmirableDriftKingNT is highly Admirable

@Arogorn - I really love G25. But I cant buy it. It is out of my Budget.

@saumilsingh - Thanks for the suggestion. Now the confusion is between DF GT and Momo. What is the cost of both the models?
DriftKingNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-09   #15
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
A new Start, I hope

Rig Gallery

ShaTTeR is highly FamedShaTTeR is highly FamedShaTTeR is highly FamedShaTTeR is highly FamedShaTTeR is highly FamedShaTTeR is highly FamedShaTTeR is highly FamedShaTTeR is highly Famed

Drift its simple.
You wanna get the feel of a steering wheel, Get the G25
Else Theres absolutly no point in buying anyother.
They just donot make sense

Gaming Devices :Razer Deathadder // Razer Goliathus // Razer Lycosa // Steel series Siberia //
Logitech Dual action Pad // Sennheiser HD448
Portable : iPhone 2G // SM MP21 // Motorola Milestone // iPhone 3GS // Denon ACH-C710 // Cannon 1000D

Reviews
:
Team Xtreem 4GB Kit Review // Razer Deathadder Review // Sound Magics MP21 Review // Rise of the fallen

ShaTTeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread  Reply