Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Electronics and Consumer Durables > Android Phones
Register Forgot Password?

Old 15-11-11   #1
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
Milk provides nutritions!!!

Rig Gallery
Source Code for Android Ics is Now Available

So as per some mailing lists and google group, android 4 source can be obtained now. here are some discussions.
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!ms...8/WkWhGUYb4MAJ

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!ms...8/WkWhGUYb4MAJ
<Trinexx> Linux would be better for that.
<rob89> besides, i like being able to play a game or two
<Trinexx> Linux has games.
<rob89> im not getting linux. windows has great support, ill have this fixed in no time
<Trinexx> Linux has better support.
<rob89> if you say "linux" one more time, im gonna send you a virus
<Trinexx> Good *ucking luck. I'm on Linux.
initpidzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-11   #2
teh spamm[E]R!
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r

Rig Gallery

wingzero is extremely Renowned
wingzero is extremely Renownedwingzero is extremely Renownedwingzero is extremely Renownedwingzero is extremely Renownedwingzero is extremely Renowned
Re: Source Code for Andriod Ics is Now Available

Does this mean ROMS would be out soon...

Guides n Reviews :
wingzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-11   #3
teh zeuS!
[E]onian

Rig Gallery

initpidzero is simply Greatinitpidzero is simply Greatinitpidzero is simply Greatinitpidzero is simply Greatinitpidzero is simply Greatinitpidzero is simply Greatinitpidzero is simply Greatinitpidzero is simply Greatinitpidzero is simply Greatinitpidzero is simply Greatinitpidzero is simply Great

Originally Posted by wingzero View Post
Does this mean ROMS would be out soon...
I think so, if I understand correctly ROMs are nothing but bootloader software. but this looks source code for kernel and other components of operating system. I cannot be certain what effect does kernel have on ROMs because they should be hardware driven.

---------- Post added at 07:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:20 PM ----------

ok, i checked, these so called ROMs are nothing but filesystem images with custom libraries for vendor specific devices. bah! what a waste of time. just get the source compile FS with binaries(huh!!!) and compress it and burn the image. voila!!!
Old 16-11-11   #4
teh smartie pantS!
Tinkering...

shantanugoel is highly Admirableshantanugoel is highly Admirableshantanugoel is highly Admirableshantanugoel is highly Admirableshantanugoel is highly Admirable

Originally Posted by initpidzero View Post
I think so, if I understand correctly ROMs are nothing but bootloader software. but this looks source code for kernel and other components of operating system. I cannot be certain what effect does kernel have on ROMs because they should be hardware driven.

---------- Post added at 07:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:20 PM ----------

ok, i checked, these so called ROMs are nothing but filesystem images with custom libraries for vendor specific devices. bah! what a waste of time. just get the source compile FS with binaries(huh!!!) and compress it and burn the image. voila!!!
Yes, and becoming president of USA is also very simple. Stand in the elections, get your minions elected who then vote for you, become president. voila!!
Old 16-11-11   #5
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian
trolling around

baba doga is Notable

Originally Posted by shantanugoel View Post
Yes, and becoming president of USA is also very simple. Stand in the elections, get your minions elected who then vote for you, become president. voila!!
lul. he has worked on linux kernel. this shouldn't be too tough for him.
baba doga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-11   #6
MOZ
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian
That's Me!

Rig Gallery

MOZ is highly ProminentMOZ is highly ProminentMOZ is highly Prominent
And Shantanu is in Qualcomm.

Sent from my Atrix!
MOZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-11   #7
teh zeuS!
[E]onian

Rig Gallery

initpidzero is simply Greatinitpidzero is simply Greatinitpidzero is simply Greatinitpidzero is simply Greatinitpidzero is simply Greatinitpidzero is simply Greatinitpidzero is simply Greatinitpidzero is simply Greatinitpidzero is simply Greatinitpidzero is simply Greatinitpidzero is simply Great

Originally Posted by shantanugoel View Post
I am not sure about the president, but give me a jtag and BDI, I will be able to burn bootloader/kernel and filesystem on these devices.
I have done it on daily basis for couple of year, so I donno why you are being so sarcastic?

Originally Posted by MOZ View Post
And Shantanu is in Qualcomm.
It doesn't matter what company someone works, its about what kind of work you do. I have used a lot of other chipset including qualcomm chipset a lot of time (last one was zoom2), created filesystem and kernel and burned it on the device many times. Again, his comments are very personal and that too without knowing much about the person he is making remarks about.
baba doga likes this.
Old 16-11-11   #8
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian
trolling around

baba doga is Notable

so?
Old 16-11-11   #9
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
Social Status = Fail !

harryneopotter is extremely Renowned
harryneopotter is extremely Renownedharryneopotter is extremely Renownedharryneopotter is extremely Renowned

@initpidzero : r u trying to sound like a whiny little b!tch now ?
<Marsupial> Chandler got bit by a radioactive spider and shot a web at Phoebe, and then it emailed me.
harryneopotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-11   #10
teh zeuS!
[E]onian

Rig Gallery

Originally Posted by harryneopotter View Post
@initpidzero : r u trying to sound like a whiny little b!tch now ?
am i? really?
which one?
Old 16-11-11   #11
MOZ
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian
That's Me!

Rig Gallery

MOZ is highly ProminentMOZ is highly ProminentMOZ is highly Prominent
My comment was only to let rpm19050 know that Shantanu is also someone who has an above average knowledge on the topic. I did not mean to hurt anyone, if I did, I am sorry.

And also Shantanu initpidzero is a leet Linux guru.

Sent from my Atrix!
MOZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-11   #12
teh zeuS!
[E]onian

Rig Gallery

My comment was only to let rpm19050 know that Shantanu is also someone who has an above average knowledge on the topic. I did not mean to hurt anyone, if I did, I am sorry.

Sent from my Atrix!
abey, what is funny here is that he dragged this into personal discussion. I always respects others knowledge about any topic even if i may know better. I don't indulge in such arguments, but sorry, i will address any query directed to me personally.
again its all cool, its camaraderie all along.
ManISinJpr likes this.
Old 16-11-11   #13
teh smartie pantS!
Tinkering...

shantanugoel is highly Admirableshantanugoel is highly Admirableshantanugoel is highly Admirableshantanugoel is highly Admirableshantanugoel is highly Admirable
Re: Source Code for Android Ics is Now Available

@initpidzero: I wasn't getting personal. My only intention was to let you know that Android "ROM scene" is not like the yester years of WM ROMs where people just replace a set of DLLs, run a command to put it altogether and flash it onto the phone. For Android ROMs, there are quite a few people actually working on the code and producing beautiful output. If anyone was being disrepectful of others' knowledge and work, it was you who was doing it to the number of hackers behind Android ROMs.
If you want further proof, please see this: Gerrit Code Review
shantanugoel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-11   #14
Banned
--

d6bmg is very Respectfuld6bmg is very Respectful

Awesome news!! Special thanks for posting here. )
Old 16-11-11   #15
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian
trolling around

baba doga is Notable

Sent from my Atrix!
i try to keep myself updated on topics/people i am interested in. and don't quite care about the rest. and i don't like mediation.

anuz is the kind of person who'd never talk in the air about technical stuff. if he knows it, he knows it. if he doesn't, he'll tell you upfront. So if someone's getting personal with him about these things, I am going to dislike it.
initpidzero likes this.
Post New Thread  Reply