Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation
  • Home
  • Forums
  • Articles
  • News
  • Gaming
  • Bazaar
  • Community
  • What's New
  • My Erodov
  • Help
navigation
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Electronics and Consumer Durables > Android Phones
Register Forgot Password?

Old 16-11-11   #16
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
Milk provides nutritions!!!

Rig Gallery
Re: Source Code for Android Ics is Now Available

Originally Posted by shantanugoel View Post
@initpidzero: I wasn't getting personal. My only intention was to let you know that Android "ROM scene" is not like the yester years of WM ROMs where people just replace a set of DLLs, run a command to put it altogether and flash it onto the phone. For Android ROMs, there are quite a few people actually working on the code and producing beautiful output. If anyone was being disrepectful of others' knowledge and work, it was you who was doing it to the number of hackers behind Android ROMs.
If you want further proof, please see this: Gerrit Code Review
1. I never said that it was replacing dlls? I know about android build process very well. As I pointed out earlier, I have made changes in android kernel myself, so i donno where does notion of replacing dlls come into picture. and if at all some binaries are replaced, i would have thought of replacing *.so and not *.dll, because I recently only came to know that there are few libraries wrapped in ndiswrapper as well(Meh, I totall )
2. I can never ever be disrespectful to open source hackers, because I am one of them, so that point is moot. And you cannot snap at me in person for something like that.
3. No matter what beautiful work people are doing, these so called ROMs are still filesystem images and I have created filesystem images from scratch couple of times, so I wouldn't consider it such a great deal. The real good work comes from lkml.org where the real kernel code is written and everything is derived out of it. Not that I do not acknowledge the fact that utilities and binaries are not important, they are very much, but its still a user space code, which is pretty much do-able.
<Trinexx> Linux would be better for that.
<rob89> besides, i like being able to play a game or two
<Trinexx> Linux has games.
<rob89> im not getting linux. windows has great support, ill have this fixed in no time
<Trinexx> Linux has better support.
<rob89> if you say "linux" one more time, im gonna send you a virus
<Trinexx> Good *ucking luck. I'm on Linux.
initpidzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-11   #17
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian
trolling around

baba doga is Notable

anuz, you need to give me a kt man
baba doga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-11   #18
teh zeuS!
[E]onian

Rig Gallery

initpidzero is simply Greatinitpidzero is simply Greatinitpidzero is simply Greatinitpidzero is simply Greatinitpidzero is simply Greatinitpidzero is simply Greatinitpidzero is simply Greatinitpidzero is simply Greatinitpidzero is simply Greatinitpidzero is simply Greatinitpidzero is simply Great

Originally Posted by rpm19050 View Post
anuz, you need to give me a kt man
anytime mate.
but I am wondering why some of my threads are derailing to unrelated topics these days.
probably, its the punishment i am getting for derailing other's thread
Old 16-11-11   #19
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
Social Status = Fail !

harryneopotter is extremely Renowned
harryneopotter is extremely Renownedharryneopotter is extremely Renownedharryneopotter is extremely Renowned

karma's a b1tch !
<Marsupial> Chandler got bit by a radioactive spider and shot a web at Phoebe, and then it emailed me.
harryneopotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-11   #20
teh zeuS!
[E]onian

Rig Gallery

initpidzero is simply Greatinitpidzero is simply Greatinitpidzero is simply Greatinitpidzero is simply Greatinitpidzero is simply Greatinitpidzero is simply Greatinitpidzero is simply Greatinitpidzero is simply Greatinitpidzero is simply Greatinitpidzero is simply Greatinitpidzero is simply Great

Originally Posted by harryneopotter View Post
karma's a b1tch !
oh the holy son of mother mary, so cliched.
i was avoiding this statement.
Old 17-11-11   #21
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
Social Status = Fail !

harryneopotter is extremely Renownedharryneopotter is extremely Renownedharryneopotter is extremely Renowned

u can avoid cliches .....but the question is :

Can YOU avoid me ? The "CheeseKing"
Old 17-11-11   #22
teh zeuS!
[E]onian

Rig Gallery

u can avoid cliches .....but the question is :

Can YOU avoid me ? The "CheeseKing"
i guess @anishka can answer that for ya!!!
Old 17-11-11   #23
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
Social Status = Fail !

Originally Posted by initpidzero View Post
i guess @anishka can answer that for ya!!!
u will be surprised to know her answer ...
Old 17-11-11   #24
teh zeuS!
[E]onian

Rig Gallery

u will be surprised to know her answer ...
I have seen too much to get surprised by anything. but i will try.
Old 17-11-11   #25
teh smartie pantS!
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
Tinkering...

shantanugoel is highly Admirableshantanugoel is highly Admirableshantanugoel is highly Admirableshantanugoel is highly Admirableshantanugoel is highly Admirable

1. I never said that it was replacing dlls? I know about android build process very well. As I pointed out earlier, I have made changes in android kernel myself, so i donno where does notion of replacing dlls come into picture. and if at all some binaries are replaced, i would have thought of replacing *.so and not *.dll, because I recently only came to know that there are few libraries wrapped in ndiswrapper as well(Meh, I totall )
2. I can never ever be disrespectful to open source hackers, because I am one of them, so that point is moot. And you cannot snap at me in person for something like that.
3. No matter what beautiful work people are doing, these so called ROMs are still filesystem images and I have created filesystem images from scratch couple of times, so I wouldn't consider it such a great deal. The real good work comes from lkml.org where the real kernel code is written and everything is derived out of it. Not that I do not acknowledge the fact that utilities and binaries are not important, they are very much, but its still a user space code, which is pretty much do-able.
Whatever floats your boat Peace..
Old 17-11-11   #26
teh zeuS!
[E]onian

Rig Gallery

not sure if deserves another thread, but cynogenmod team has started its work already
CyanogenMod Team Wasting No Time After Ice Cream Sandwich’s Source Code Was Released
Old 17-11-11   #27
Lead Lead
Staff
I havent set my status yet.

Rig Gallery

KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!
KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!
idea Re: Source Code for Android Ics is Now Available

not sure if deserves another thread, but cynogenmod team has started its work already
CyanogenMod Team Wasting No Time After Ice Cream Sandwich’s Source Code Was Released
That's excellent. I believe Mr Kondik has some grand plans in mind for CM. Not just a hobbyist affair you see. A company which OEMs license ROMs from. Won't that be sweet.

KiD0M4N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-11   #28
teh zeuS!
[E]onian

Rig Gallery

commercialization would definitely a good step, it will lead to widespread availability. Not sure how big is market though. ultimately this kind of stuff is only useful for hackers and hobbyist.
Old 17-11-11   #29
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
Puny human

dexbg is extremely Renowned
dexbg is extremely Renowneddexbg is extremely Renowned
My money is in the DHD and the SGS2 getting them first..

(begun the clone war has)

"I was there .. till the end"
dexbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-11   #30
Jason Bourne
Community Coordinator
Mushtakhanda !!!

ManISinJpr is extremely Noble
ManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely Noble

I think HD2 with its army of developers and code hackers will get this asap !!!

My source, here it is..
http://twitter.com/#!/mwakious/statu...86119764361216

Last edited by ManISinJpr; 17-11-11 at 05:29 PM.
ManISinJpr is online now   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread  Reply