Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Electronics and Consumer Durables > Cameras and Photography Equipment
Register Forgot Password?

Old 09-06-10   #1
teh zeuS!
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
FUUUUU !

Sonys New DSLR-A390 & DSLR-A290 (entry Level Dslr )

• DSLR-A390 and A290 with 14.2 megapixels,
  • Quick AF Live View and 6.7cm (2.7-inch) tilt LCD.
  • Compact, stylish body with new grip design and revised button layout for comfortable handling
  • Quick AF Live View with tilt LCD (α390) for live image preview with fast, accurate autofocus(alpha 290 doesn't have live view )
  • Friendly on-screen Help Guide and Graphic Display
  • HDMI output and BRAVIA Sync
  • 9-point AF points
  • CCD sensor
  • Penta Mirror Viewfinder
Sony launches DSLR-A390 & DSLR-A290 revised entry-level DSLRs: Digital Photography Review

Flickr Photography
Facebook Photography Page
Stuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-10   #2
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian
trolling around

baba doga is Notable
Re: Sonys New DSLR-A390 & DSLR-A290 (entry Level Dslr )

perhaps you should have posted a 14 meg pic to signify the sheer bulk of epeenium chloride these toys will have in them. :/
baba doga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-10   #3
Konkey Dong
Lawlz?

ViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply Great

I really hate the new UI
Old 10-06-10   #4
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.

adder is highly Prominentadder is highly Prominentadder is highly Prominent

But i like the body ,which is better then the older ones,sadly they don't have those EXMOR sensor that one finds in the NEX,which is one of the better APS-C sensor around.
Old 11-06-10   #5
teh zeuS!
FUUUUU !

Stuge is extemely Distinguished
Stuge is extemely DistinguishedStuge is extemely DistinguishedStuge is extemely DistinguishedStuge is extemely DistinguishedStuge is extemely DistinguishedStuge is extemely DistinguishedStuge is extemely DistinguishedStuge is extemely Distinguished

I've posted this thread to aware people, whats going around with dslr market ,otherwise STAY away from Sony (if possible ) .nothing wrong with the dslrs ,but procuring lenses can be
Old 11-06-10   #6
Konkey Dong
Lawlz?

ViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply Great

^ No it isnt... Get that notion out of your head...

I got into a fight with the stupid Mandan dude at Chandni chowk ...regarding the same thing...
ViKiD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-10   #7
teh zeuS!
FUUUUU !

Stuge is extemely DistinguishedStuge is extemely DistinguishedStuge is extemely DistinguishedStuge is extemely DistinguishedStuge is extemely DistinguishedStuge is extemely DistinguishedStuge is extemely DistinguishedStuge is extemely Distinguished

Originally Posted by ViKiD View Post
^ No it isnt... Get that notion out of your head...

I got into a fight with the stupid Mandan dude at Chandni chowk ...regarding the same thing...
so, why not do the honours of helping people out regarding who keeps minolta lenses in Delhi (I'm not talking about rebadged minolta lenses that are overpriced ) .keep in mind ebay is not an option for everyone and leave those tammy and sigma lenses out of the battle .

I 'm not Madaa idiot(I'm not denying the quality of pictures produced ) .he even hates digital camera if you're not aware of it .He swears by film camera .what I said was for people, who are serious into photography .after 5 years from now on my notion for Sony will change .when it will be easier to get used sony lenses ,but not now .

I do love the fact that Sony has inbuilt steady shot thing .Very cool IMO .

Last edited by Stuge; 11-06-10 at 01:50 PM.
Old 11-06-10   #8
Konkey Dong
Lawlz?

I typed out a long ass reply.

Hit Post reply.

Blank Page.

Im irritated.

Delete my Post i cant type it out again.

Sony Sucks.... im vouching for a shitty product cover my head with soiled undies and prosecute me.

FYI: Try asking some Sony retailer for Discounts on Lenses (be a little adamant) and/or grey prices, Santa Claus is their PR manager.
Old 11-06-10   #9
Jason Bourne
Community Moderator
Mushtakhanda !!!

ManISinJpr is extremely Noble
ManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely Noble

^^ Don't be so hard on yourself ViKiD !! Sony doesn't know how to use its own sensors at all. that is the problem and their UI is so pathetic.

ManISinJpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-10   #10
teh zeuS!
FUUUUU !

you're getting if all wrong Sony Doesn't sucks in dslr arena .I never said that and will never say .I know there are many sony users ,who uses Sony ,and doing exceptional well with it .I'm not a fanyboy of nikon or canon or any other brand .
Old 11-06-10   #11
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian

Well sony dslr like the A200 was a great seller ,sold out in most retail stores in india like croma where it was one of the cheapest DSLR camera cheaper then EOS1000d,except perhaps the D40X.
but canon and nikon this year have reduced their prices making them cheaper or on par,especially the nikon D3000 which is quite cheap whose sensor origins dates back to D40X.

Sony is slowly increasing its market share ,their DSLR have one of the best LIVE view.Their sensors are getting better and better like the new APS-HD sensors found in the NEX. Dpreview which is a fan of canikon has given more points to the sony NEX in RAW image quality then the previous class leading EOS550D.Infact the NEX for the first time since many years are one of the top selling sony cameras in Japan,ever since MAVICA.

So it will be quite interesting when the new DSLR cameras A5xx,A7xx with the new improved EXMOR sensor hit the streets,probably will be priced cheaper then rival canikon.
In japan the they are in fourth place in DSLR segment behind canon/nikon/panasonic but ahead of other japanese companies like olympus,pentax.

As far as the A290/390 they are good alternatives ,i would pick them over over the EOS1000d and D3000.Good thing is sony is launching new models every year and have responded to the criticism of the A230,A330 grip,texture.

Last edited by adder; 11-06-10 at 03:52 PM.
adder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-10   #12
Konkey Dong
Lawlz?

Originally Posted by ManISinJpr View Post
^^ Don't be so hard on yourself ViKiD !! Sony doesn't know how to use its own sensors at all. that is the problem and their UI is so pathetic.
New one yes!
Old 11-06-10   #13
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian

Rig Gallery

Aragorn is extremely Renowned
Aragorn is extremely RenownedAragorn is extremely RenownedAragorn is extremely Renowned

Somehow the words Sony and SLR don't go together "for me" .... but if people are happy with them .. go ahead use them.

But when it comes to SLR, i will only stick to Canon or Nikon (canon for me though - fanboy), but Nikon is equally amazing. Sony - bahh ... yes - call me old fashioned .. but that is how it is.
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-10   #14
Jason Bourne
Community Moderator
Mushtakhanda !!!

ManISinJpr is extremely Noble
ManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely Noble

Dude, Sony India's sale is maybe .1% of its sale but the thing is that Sony makes better sensors than it makes cameras, I was so hopeful with the FF sensor which is being used by Nikon toits full strength rather than Sony which could only manage a mediocre camera with it.
It should understand like kodak that it doesn't have enough to make a camera (dslr ) and just keep on making sensors.
Originally Posted by adder View Post
Well sony dslr like the A200 was a great seller ,sold out in most retail stores in india like croma where it was one of the cheapest DSLR camera cheaper then EOS1000d,except perhaps the D40X.
but canon and nikon this year have reduced their prices making them cheaper or on par,especially the nikon D3000 which is quite cheap whose sensor origins dates back to D40X.

Sony is slowly increasing its market share ,their DSLR have one of the best LIVE view.Their sensors are getting better and better like the new APS-HD sensors found in the NEX. Dpreview which is a fan of canikon has given more points to the sony NEX in RAW image quality then the previous class leading EOS550D.Infact the NEX for the first time since many years are one of the top selling sony cameras in Japan,ever since MAVICA.

So it will be quite interesting when the new DSLR cameras A5xx,A7xx with the new improved EXMOR sensor hit the streets,probably will be priced cheaper then rival canikon.
In japan the they are in fourth place in DSLR segment behind canon/nikon/panasonic but ahead of other japanese companies like olympus,pentax.

As far as the A290/390 they are good alternatives ,i would pick them over over the EOS1000d and D3000.Good thing is sony is launching new models every year and have responded to the criticism of the A230,A330 grip,texture.

Yes precisely, SOny and DSLR's don't cut it for me too.
Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
Somehow the words Sony and SLR don't go together "for me" .... but if people are happy with them .. go ahead use them.

But when it comes to SLR, i will only stick to Canon or Nikon (canon for me though - fanboy), but Nikon is equally amazing. Sony - bahh ... yes - call me old fashioned .. but that is how it is.
ManISinJpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-10   #15
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian

Originally Posted by ManISinJpr View Post
Dude, Sony India's sale is maybe .1% of its sale but the thing is that Sony makes better sensors than it makes cameras, I was so hopeful with the FF sensor which is being used by Nikon toits full strength rather than Sony which could only manage a mediocre camera with it.
It should understand like kodak that it doesn't have enough to make a camera (dslr ) and just keep on making sensors.

Well their cameras are decent, perhaps the BIONZ isn't as good as a image processing from canikon especially in the JPEG part but their the FF 850/900 are far from mediocre.

Sony is constanly launching new DSLR every year improving bit by bit,why should they stop making dslrs.cameras like A700 are really good,infact the Simon Joinson of dpreview says its one of his favourite cameras.Infact i would have bought the A200 a year ago in croma but they had only a display piece and the canon EOS1000d and D60 failed to impress me.

And just because a dslr is a canon and nikon won't cut it for me,i personaly like T2i/550d very much (if it was cheaper by another 10k i would have bought it by now )but cameras like the 1000d and d3000 fails to impress me.

Last edited by adder; 11-06-10 at 10:06 PM.
adder is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread  Reply