Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation
  • Home
  • Forums
  • Articles
  • News
  • Gaming
  • Bazaar
  • Community
  • What's New
  • My Erodov
  • Help
navigation
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Articles > Reviews & Previews
Register Forgot Password?
Follow Erodov on Twitter Follow Us
Join us on FaceBook Join Us
Post New Article  Comment

Article Tools Search this Article
Sony Xperia Sola Review
Sony Xperia Sola Review
Date: 20-04-13
Topic: Reviews & Previews
Author: ROHIT ROY CHOWDHURY

About Author:
Tech Enthusiasts

Index
Unboxing 
Index

Sony Xperia Sola Review
Sony Mobile launched the Xperia Sola last year, and it is the 2nd lower mid range droid from Sony Mobile after Xperia U.
The Specifications are as follows
  • Quad-band GSM /GPRS/EDGE support
  • 3.7" 16M-color capacitive touchscreen of Full WVGA resolution (854 x 480 pixels) with Sony Mobile BRAVIA engine; Floating touch display with glove mode technology.
  • Android OS v2.3.7 Gingerbread, planned Android 4.0 ICS update
  • Dual-core 1 GHz Cortex-A9 CPU, 512 MB RAM, NovaThor U8500 chipset
  • 5 MP autofocus camera with LED flash and geo-tagging, Multi Angle shot with 720p video recording @ 30fps with continuous autofocus and stereo sound
  • Wi-Fi b/g/n and DLNA,
  • GPS with A-GPS
  • 6.8 GB built-in storage (5 GB user-accessible)
  • MicroUSB port (charging) and stereo Bluetooth v2.1
  • Standard 3.5 mm audio jack
  • Stereo FM radio with RDS
  • Voice dialing
  • Adobe Flash 11 support and Deep Facebook integration
  • Accelerometer and proximity sensor
  • NFC connectivity and included NFC tags.

Index
Unboxing 

Tools
Add to The Knight's Karma
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
<< <    Next Page: Unboxing (Page 1 of 6)    >  >>
By ChironX ♦ 21-04-13
Re: Sony Xperia Sola Review

Sony is always lagging behind when it comes to software upgrades, they have spent an obnoxiously long amount of time to move from Gingerbread to ICS and now the same saga continues with JB, Most of the customers feel cheated when Sony releases the list of sets which will be upgraded to the next android version, and theirs don't make it to the list. Look what they did to their previous flagship, the Xperia S. People who bought it are now stranded. No wonder Sony's premium handsets get mixed reviews. They also refuse to use newer LCD technologies, sticking to their own proprietary stuff, which makes colors washed out even if you tilt the phone a little.

Anyways, back to the review. Great stuff. Good pictures, I must say, very good and detailed discussion about the phone. But yes it is overpriced compared to something like the Micromax Canvas HD which comes with a 5 inch 720p screen and 1.2 GHz Quad Core processor (albeit Mediatek one) and all the goodies minus NFC. Sony should really rejig their strategy if they're to make a comeback. Samsung's already hitting them quite hard and now even the budget runners have started to creep into their territory.
By vijayninel 21-04-13

I think Sony needs to improve features and cut prices if it wants to become a serious player in the mobile phone market. Thanks for the great review The Knight.
By The Knight 21-04-13

Yeah. They should improve their pricing strategy and software upgradation. Their is no difference between Galaxy S Advance in terms of hardware. Only difference is 768 MB RAM compared to 512 MB of XPERIA SOLA, but S Advance is getting J.B and Sola is not. Cheaper Xperia E which has lower specs rather than Sola,U have J.B out of the box. I think its a big mistake from Sony.
By ManISinJpr ♦ 22-04-13

Quite a write up in this review The Knight, appreciated
But Sony well that is another cup for me.. as stated by Chironx and Vijay the company needs to up its ante and be aggressive and straight forward in its products and the software in it..
By hgpras 22-04-13

Outdated OS and poor battery life, did you buy this phone recently ROHIT ROY CHOWDHURY ?
By The Knight 22-04-13

Yeah. I bought it. Updated to ics and performancd increased
By The Knight 16-05-13

Getting XPERIA L.
By ChironX ♦ 16-05-13

Why not the SP?
By The Knight 16-05-13

Because for SP, I have to pay the difference money of 7000/- and for L paying 1000/-. So I am getting the XPERIA L for 15,000 (14000 for Sola and 1000 for L). My gain is 3.5k because L market price is ~ 18.5K. @ChironX
By ChironX ♦ 16-05-13

Hmm, okay, L is a good phone nevertheless! Congrats!
By The Knight 16-05-13

Will write a review after getting.
By freshseasons 17-05-13

Actually i have quite another opinion about the built quality of the phone. It looks the most chinese mobile ever released from sony. The plastic used is really cheap. I have always loved all sony mobiles for built quality but this one looks like the after effect of Ericsson leaving Sony.
Sony P is much better than this one and worth paying extra money.
Post New Article  Comment
Please share with friends!

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search