Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Lounge > Everything Under the Sun
Register Forgot Password?

Old 07-06-10   #16
Xeo
Th[E] Troll
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
Papa Donger

Re: So What Do You Do When...

Well, option 3 for people I know and meet everyday and option 2 for someone who I don't hahahaing know and still keep sending me requests...
(First use of hahaha evar!)
GTX580 Twin Frozr II
Silent Pro M700
Tempest 410 Elite
Xeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-10   #17
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
Puny human

dexbg is extremely Renowned
dexbg is extremely Renowneddexbg is extremely Renowned

Originally Posted by dexterboygenius
"Maybe you should read what Ishan said ..
Originally Posted by IshanSaluja View Post
WTF? Anyways, I think no 3 would be the most considerate and humane way to take it however if it is someone whom you neet with regularly or someone who knows you and work with or something, you night have to confront them. Of course you can still add them but keep your privacy settings as such that only him or her can't comment/view your posts etc.

Woaw.. Self-fullfilling Prophecy ..

"I was there .. till the end"
dexbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-10   #18
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
(╯□)

kauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Great
So What Do You Do When...

You know I'm not the kind of person who ignores people but I have thirty pending requests and I'm not proud of it. For some facebook is this popularity contest, they just got about everyone on their friend list, but i don't want to do that.

kauffmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-10   #19
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.

Guns N' Roses is highly AdmirableGuns N' Roses is highly AdmirableGuns N' Roses is highly AdmirableGuns N' Roses is highly AdmirableGuns N' Roses is highly AdmirableGuns N' Roses is highly Admirable

Say your sorry and send facebook kisses! Accept her back of course.
Guns N' Roses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-10   #20
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian

alcy is Notable

2 (atleast release the frustration)...if the excuse given is fair, then slightly modified 1.

If this doesn't work, then 3.

This is when you want some e-fun.

If you aint got no time, then 3.
Phaedrus: Intel Core i7 920 D0 | MSI X58 Pro-E | Corsair TR3X6G1333C9 6GB kit | WD Caviar blue 500GB * 2 | MSI N9500GT -MD1G/D2 | Corsair VX450W | CM Hyper 212 Plus Thermalright Venomous X | CM 690 | Ubuntu 9.10 64-bit | Bose Companion 3

Phoenix
: Marantz Sr4003|Quad 11L2

Lila: RE Std. 350 '09
alcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-10   #21
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
is not safe for human
existence

overkill is highly Famedoverkill is highly Famedoverkill is highly Famedoverkill is highly Famedoverkill is highly Famedoverkill is highly Famedoverkill is highly Famedoverkill is highly Famed

Aah facebook.

I'd go for option 2...

OT-

that is if I still had my Fb account. Yes I dunno how many of you have actually understood how facebook works and capitalizes on the human tendency of looking at others and be dependent on the info of what did who when how? Its a filthy state to see people coming up with the wittiest(read cr@p) statuses and put up ugly mugshots of themselves to feel more acceptable by everyone else who are also just the same. It's the purest themes that the people at facebook have touched upon.. where there are only two kinds of people- those who like to see and those who liked to be watched. They often switch rolls w.r.t the side of the bed they woke up to. And I feel that it wasn't really their original intention to make it's own users to become slaves of it(although that is the idea of any service provider) because that would have been just too big an instant to have conjured up with such a phenomenal idea. Although I sure that they actually worked their way into integrating so many things from real life to it.. like "liking" a page which talks about how you "hate" doing things which are completely inconsequential. Also more importantly "liking" an activity performed by one friend of yours to another which didn't involve you by a mile. Yet this act is done openly and repeatedly completely debunking the whole idea of what was once known as stalking(not to mention bunny boilers), which most definitely is at least frowned upon.(charges can be pressed). I was very recently concerned and moved by this whole scenario which has been conjured up without being aware. I could literally see people crying out loud for attention, spite and malice too at times. I am sure that most would agree that this is not our normal behavior in society. This disturbed me in an unusual way and as I recently came to know that it is possible to deactivate you're facebook account and still have the option to return to it if you couldn't handle the trauma which equals the removal of a Gal stone. Just because of the fact that I knew, I could come back to my account whenever I wanted made it possible for me to leave facebook and although I might still return, yet it feels satisfactory that I am still in control of myself. Also there have been no withdrawal symptoms so far. I would like to suggest to all of you do try it once and see how it goes for you. Maybe we can put an end to social networking and the reality show that it is right here. Peace be with you.
Originally Posted by sohail99 View Post
:wth
Originally Posted by rpm19050 View Post
daisy chain complete.
overkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-10   #22
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian
trolling around

baba doga is Notable

baba doga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-10   #23
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian

Rig Gallery

stonedsurd is extremely Renowned
stonedsurd is extremely Renownedstonedsurd is extremely Renownedstonedsurd is extremely Renowned

stonedsurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-10   #24
teh zeuS!
[E]onian

IshanSaluja is highly FamedIshanSaluja is highly FamedIshanSaluja is highly FamedIshanSaluja is highly FamedIshanSaluja is highly FamedIshanSaluja is highly FamedIshanSaluja is highly FamedIshanSaluja is highly Famed

IshanSaluja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-10   #25
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
Social Status = Fail !

harryneopotter is extremely Renowned
harryneopotter is extremely Renownedharryneopotter is extremely Renownedharryneopotter is extremely Renowned

Originally Posted by overkill View Post
Aah facebook.

I'd go for option 2...

OT-

that is if I still had my Fb account. Yes I dunno how many of you have actually understood how facebook works and capitalizes on the human tendency of looking at others and be dependent on the info of what did who when how? Its a filthy state to see people coming up with the wittiest(read cr@p) statuses and put up ugly mugshots of themselves to feel more acceptable by everyone else who are also just the same. It's the purest themes that the people at facebook have touched upon.. where there are only two kinds of people- those who like to see and those who liked to be watched. They often switch rolls w.r.t the side of the bed they woke up to. And I feel that it wasn't really their original intention to make it's own users to become slaves of it(although that is the idea of any service provider) because that would have been just too big an instant to have conjured up with such a phenomenal idea. Although I sure that they actually worked their way into integrating so many things from real life to it.. like "liking" a page which talks about how you "hate" doing things which are completely inconsequential. Also more importantly "liking" an activity performed by one friend of yours to another which didn't involve you by a mile. Yet this act is done openly and repeatedly completely debunking the whole idea of what was once known as stalking(not to mention bunny boilers), which most definitely is at least frowned upon.(charges can be pressed). I was very recently concerned and moved by this whole scenario which has been conjured up without being aware. I could literally see people crying out loud for attention, spite and malice too at times. I am sure that most would agree that this is not our normal behavior in society. This disturbed me in an unusual way and as I recently came to know that it is possible to deactivate you're facebook account and still have the option to return to it if you couldn't handle the trauma which equals the removal of a Gal stone. Just because of the fact that I knew, I could come back to my account whenever I wanted made it possible for me to leave facebook and although I might still return, yet it feels satisfactory that I am still in control of myself. Also there have been no withdrawal symptoms so far. I would like to suggest to all of you do try it once and see how it goes for you. Maybe we can put an end to social networking and the reality show that it is right here. Peace be with you.
Heavy stuff !!!
<Marsupial> Chandler got bit by a radioactive spider and shot a web at Phoebe, and then it emailed me.
harryneopotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-10   #26
Cyanogenmod 6.0-N1
work, work and more work :(

Rig Gallery

blufox is extremely Renowned
blufox is extremely Renownedblufox is extremely Renownedblufox is extremely Renownedblufox is extremely Renownedblufox is extremely Renowned

Originally Posted by overkill View Post
Aah facebook.

I'd go for option 2...

OT-

Okay, I ll delete my facebook account soon.
Anyway I do not care about fb profile. Don't update it neither like it.

/Steve Wozniak
blufox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-10   #27
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian
trolling around

baba doga is Notable

one should use these social networking tools to one' benefit. enslave them rather than yielding. they can be real help, i tell ya.
Old 09-06-10   #28
teh Paint Whisperer!
Whispering to my i20

sohail99 is simply Greatsohail99 is simply Greatsohail99 is simply Greatsohail99 is simply Greatsohail99 is simply Greatsohail99 is simply Greatsohail99 is simply Greatsohail99 is simply Greatsohail99 is simply Greatsohail99 is simply Great

Originally Posted by Stonedsurd
Originally Posted by Ishan
Originally Posted by Chief-Techie View Post
Karan was in his Fantasy World Dreaming Adi Wearing a Red Dress & then Sending a Red Hot Msg

sohail99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-10   #29
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian
trolling around

baba doga is Notable

Originally Posted by sohail99 View Post

daisy chain complete.
Old 09-06-10   #30
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
is not safe for human
existence

overkill is highly Famedoverkill is highly Famedoverkill is highly Famedoverkill is highly Famedoverkill is highly Famedoverkill is highly Famedoverkill is highly Famedoverkill is highly Famed

one should use these social networking tools to one' benefit. enslave them rather than yielding. they can be real help, i tell ya.
Thats very true. It's not about yielding, it's about productivity and throughput of the persons efforts. Fine you stay in touch with your friends... and also get some news from say your fav club or photography group about upcoming events. But thats not just it. People have already been molded in such a way that they build up a fake aura on facebook implying that they are very "cool". Eg- Why does a certain women write "..is stuck in the darkness of life and all she can do is drown herself in alcohol" or lets say ".. just gave a bath to her cute lil 6 week old puppy.. awww he is mah loowwwvee *mwah mwah* ". Now I don't know about you. but as I see it.. both the statuses here are totally stupid.- a) Because we don't really care enough if the chick had some issues and got drunk... everybody does and chicks .. well they are just born that way. b) Since she gave a bath to a puppy and not a BJ to a dude.. I don't see my chances of boinking her... it does not even sound cute to me. I mean if you are on your way to becoming the next Lindsey Lohan then I for sure don't sympathize with you.
Now your argument could be that this one particular woman as she is imaginary is extraordinarily dumb. Well that is not the case. The point is that since now people have a way of expressing their most irrelevant of actions, feelings and lose emotions and easily draw attention from a few people who have the time to respond we tend to do it more and everybody begins to reach out to everyone else every now and then. It makes us weaker and destroys self sufficiency. See there are many people already out there who know that facebook is evil, yes of course it's evil it's is after all one of the bigger competitions to google. Anything that gives competition to something evil is evil itself. But you see I'm not talking about the monetary gains facebook makes from it's users, advertisers, consumer product pages and other associates. My take is on how it incorporates behavioral changes in all of it's users. Take another example of how an elder member of the society joins facebook and is surrounded by juvenile young hahahahas, so now he feels out of place and goes on to write "is fed up of his work".. later ".. "having a party at his place- beers and friends" (read beer is my only friend) and then "is going to watch kick ass.. woohoo" The transition is stark. Being young at heart is one thing and not acting your age is another. The final crux is the mind numbing rut it gets you into. I don't speak of myself but I have seen people acting way stupid than they ever would in real life on facebook. See who has a crush on you. Who visited your profile. who is your best friend(like you dont know? Really?) Who will you marry. Whats your s3x position. What mental disorder do you have and How addicted to facebook are you. :|
What about the classification of your friends. Facebook allows you to create lists of friends so you can sit and think which of your friends you can share more and mroe private information with and which are the ones less privileged. This mostly seems like a very convenient tool but on the other hand how is it that you get to decide that.. why why the classification. Why are you friends with someone whom you cannot share all the information with? Or why do you have such information which cannot be shared with everyone?

overkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread  Reply